快速登录:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

话题: Slideshow (How to Duplicate it using different filename) ?
Back in the days I have duplicated the slideshow plugin and renaming it to another filename that make sense to my settings.

I tried copying the native_slideshow and renaming it to a different filename but VDJ don't see it. I even tried to moved it to the videoeffect folder but none works.

I have different settings for different applications and I have to resize/move update the image to where I want to show every time. I if I have more than 1 slideshow plugin, I can set it individually so I don't have to mess with the settings every time.

Is there anyway this plugin can be duplicated ?

发表时间 Tue 22 Feb 22 @ 4:57 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
nope, native/built in fx killed the duplicate method. [no .dll to copy]

Why do you want a second copy, depending on the why there might be workarounds.

*edit* can't you use presets?

发表时间 Tue 22 Feb 22 @ 5:03 pm
Trying to look & understand what you mean by "presets". I am clueless of what you mean.

How I use this plugin (just 2 examples)
1. Birthday video clip, there is a section where I put the Pictures/Slideshow ("TOP LEFT CORNER").
2. Retirement video clip, has a different section from the clip where I can show the Pictures/Slideshow ("TOP RIGHT CORNER").

(The Pictures are taken during the party, of course in this case just some pics of the celebrant).
I like to use several pics so it changes while the video clip is playing (they like seeing themselves on screen).

So each time I use a different one from the last settings/adjustments, I have to re-adjust/move/resize etc... to where I need the pictures to be.

Not to much of a headache to do it, but If there is a way to have it set and forget it, that would be great.

So in my case, I would name the plugin dll
Birthday.dll
Retirement.dll
etc...
so each one holds the settings (like I remember back then, way.... back then).

I am running x64 version.

Thanks Locodog.
Maybe shed some light for me about "Presets"

发表时间 Tue 22 Feb 22 @ 7:24 pm
ah sorry I got confused with text, give me a minute to think.

发表时间 Tue 22 Feb 22 @ 7:38 pm
Are you mac or windows [I think you're mac but not 100%]

发表时间 Tue 22 Feb 22 @ 7:54 pm
x64 Win 10.

I'm still playing around for a workaround and here is my findings.

You can't do this while VDJ is open.

Here it goes.

I made #1 settings, then exit VDJ and copy that native_Slideshow.ini and rename it (Birthday-native_Slideshow.ini)

Open VDJ again and this time made #2 settings, then exit VDJ and copy the native_Slideshow.ini and rename it (Retirement-native_Slideshow.ini)

Now, if I copy the Copied/Renamed INI that I want for the DAY back into native_Slideshow.ini and run VDJ, we are all good and versa versa.

But you can't do this while VDJ is OPEN.

发表时间 Tue 22 Feb 22 @ 8:21 pm
I'm thinking on what could be done, with script, with a plugin to swap ini's or with a video skin. I'll get back to you.

*edit* reply to your edit, could work with ini swap, just that slideshow fx needs to be not held in memory, that would force a reread of the ini.

发表时间 Tue 22 Feb 22 @ 8:26 pm
Another idea I am thinking is.... How about adding TRANSPARANCY?
Have it Default to "GREEN SCREEN COLOR" so you can just click a button to Turn it on/off.

This way you make a TEMPLATE with a GREEN SCREEN COLOR and put your Picture in the area on the Green Screen Template. Easy enough to crop/copy/Paste the Picture in the selected spot thru Paint or similar program.

This would be faster than resizing the Picture in the SLIDESHOW Config every time.

发表时间 Wed 23 Feb 22 @ 7:28 pm
Been playing around with TEXT plugin and got to wondering.....if..

Can you make the Slideshow plugin with Presets also ?
If this is implemented, a VIDEOLOGO Plugin can be eliminated ( I dunno if there is a plugin of VIDEOLOGO).

发表时间 Sat 26 Feb 22 @ 2:07 pm