快速登录:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

话题: How to get rid of old, duplicate entries from Database
I moved new music files (we're talking several hundred here) into several existing folders, and the new files had slightly different filenames (but the same tags) as the old files. I then physically deleted the old music files from the existing folders via Windows and did a "recurse" through the folders in VDJ. When I view each folder in the VDJ browser, they look fine. However, when I access a "filter" folder that happens to include those songs, both the old and new entries still display. The problem is I cannot tell which is the "real" record and which is the old record when viewing it in the filter folder, and if I load one of the old files onto a deck, its displays an error. I deleted the existing "filter" folder and created it again, but it still displays the old entries. Any ideas?

发表时间 Wed 05 Jan 22 @ 3:27 am
As you may be aware now.. it is best to move, delete, rename files from within VDJ so the database is always updated correctly.

It seems if you deleted the folder with windows after moving the tracks.. that the duplicates that you have will show as missing when you try to load them.

See this recent thread for ways to find and delete missing files from the database.
http://www.virtualdj.com/forums/244731/VirtualDJ_Technical_Support/FIle_not_found_tool.html

I have not had this issue with filter folders.. assume if they are removed from the DB then they will not appear.

发表时间 Wed 05 Jan 22 @ 3:46 am
Thanks for the reminder!

I actually stumbled upon the solution - I just ran the option Database > Remove missing files from search DB and that did the trick. What a lifesaver!

发表时间 Wed 05 Jan 22 @ 4:00 am