快速登录:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

话题: Stuttering & Crashing
I have two computers running Virtual DJ Pro and have an infinity license. I accept every VDJ software update.

Computer A is 15" HP Envy from 2019 - Specs are as follows
Processor - AMD 2nd Generation Ryzen 5 3500U Processor
RAM - 32GB DDR4 Memory
Main Disk - 512GB SSD (Lots of other stuff on it other than music)
Graphics Processor - AMD Radeon RX Vega 8
Wireless - ‎802.11ac Turned Off during gigs
Bluetooth - 5.1 Turned Off during gigs
Soundcard - AMD High Definition Audio
I have used this computer sucessfully at dozens and dozens of gigs (probably 100+) and it has skipped once and stuttered once that I can remember. Has all of the windows standard programs installed plus SEVERAL other programs on it other than Virtual DJ, including RealPlayer. It is used heavily for business.

Computer B is a 17" HP Pavilion Laptop from November of 2021 - less than 2 months old
Processor - AMD Ryzen 5 5500U (Newer than above)
RAM - 32GB DDR4 RAM
Main Disk - 1024GB PCIE SSD (More storage than above and hardly anything on it except for music)
Graphics - AMD Radeon R5 8GB Graphics Card
Wireless - 802.11 ac (Turned Off during gigs)
Bluetooth - 5.1 (Turned Off During Gigs)
Soundcard - AMD High Definition Audio
This computer plays for a while and then skips and drags/stutters (sound becomes choppy and slowed down) repeatedly every time I use it at some point. I had to change it out in the middle of a gig on New Years Day which is what is prompting this post. Sometimes it simply stops playing or the controller becomes disabled. It has basic windows programs, Real Player, and Virtual DJ. Nothing else. That is it. I tried Tractor on it and it was even worse than Virtual DJ.

I bought the new computer hoping to upgrade from a setup that is "working" but that I need for other purposes. When DJing the only program I have open on the laptop is Virtual DJ - and as noted above - bluetooth and Wifi are turned off. All computer systems/programs/OS are kept constantly updated.

I also own two Dells with i7s and 32GB ram and both of them Skip often when playing gigs in Virtual DJ. have read about DELL laptops in the forums as problematic so gave up on them early in 2021 after adjusting latency settings in the program for months. Went back to Computer A - no problems. Bought computer B and problems again.

Latency is set identically at 512 on both HP machines.

I want another computer to dedicate to DJing and thought I was getting a "better" computer based on specs for Computer B - However, it is essentially unusable. Am now looking at an HP with a processor of AMD Ryzen 7 5700U, HD of either 512GB or 1TB, and AMD Radeon graphics appropriate to the processor..... but am terrified of making another purchase that is useless.

What help can the Forum Member provide in the way of guidance? Should I try an HP with a i7 chip or even an i9. What configurations are other virtual DJs running that WORK for them that I can buy today. In a final note, have used Virtual DJ forever and love the program and ran it successfully for years on HP and Toshiba laptops with i7 chips and 16 GB of ram. Only started experiencing issues in 2020 and saw them really com to the forefront in 2021.

Please help and thank you
DJ Tony Dean
Dallas, TX

发表时间 Tue 04 Jan 22 @ 1:39 am
For anyone who is willing to help and will understand the report.. last night I ran a latency monitor check and have saved the results. I understand very little of what it says as I am not expert in the fine details of computer operations and am certainly scared of messing with th eBIOS. It pointed to the same thing that it appears others have encountered with a need to change the BIOS to stop CPU throttling. . Can post whatever would be help. Thank you in advance to anyone who can provide some insight as to why Computer B has this dragging and skipping problem (and crashing which happened twice) - and what to look for in a new computer. Am really confused and wan tto buy something that will work.

And BTW the two computers that I tried earlier in the year were Dell G3 gaming computers with dedicated NVIDIA graphics processors.

发表时间 Tue 04 Jan 22 @ 4:11 pm
HP and Dell are literally the worst PCs on planet Earth for latency issues.

Seems you've just chosen incorrectly.

发表时间 Tue 04 Jan 22 @ 6:32 pm
I just sent back a Dell G15 everything on the computer end was up to date an was crashing. Is there a windows 10 conflict with the program ? Most members on here say they do not have an issue but something is going on ????

发表时间 Tue 04 Jan 22 @ 6:38 pm
kradcliffe wrote :
HP and Dell are literally the worst PCs on planet Earth for latency issues.

Seems you've just chosen incorrectly.

What is your gig machine choice .....since they run very smooth for you?

发表时间 Tue 04 Jan 22 @ 6:47 pm
Bootcamped Macbook Pro or Lenovo C940

发表时间 Tue 04 Jan 22 @ 8:52 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
No problem with several dell xps here over the years

发表时间 Wed 05 Jan 22 @ 4:06 am
kradcliffe wrote :
Bootcamped Macbook Pro or Lenovo C940

Thank you for the recommendation. Can you please provide further information as far as processor, RAM and Hard Disk size. I see several different configurations with that model number.

发表时间 Wed 05 Jan 22 @ 5:21 am