快速登录:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

话题: mix_now Question
J J ZrnPRO InfinityMember since 2019
Is there anyway to make the mix_now feature mix longer than one bar? I tried the different potential parameters and none seem to work for me. Thanks in advance!

发表时间 Sun 19 Dec 21 @ 8:26 pm
Adjust the Options parameter automixSkipLength to the number of beats you like.

-----------------
PS
you may also adjust the normal automix time with fadeLength (number of seconds)

发表时间 Sun 19 Dec 21 @ 8:57 pm
A
IIDEEJAYII wrote :
Adjust the Options parameter automixSkipLength to the number of beats you like.

-----------------
PS
you may also adjust the normal automix time with fadeLength (number of seconds)

Thanks!..but im not really sure what you mean...im wanting to hit the mix_now button and have it say how much i want it to mix_now with the other song...like in the middle of the song..so where would i put those parameters you speak of? ..Would it be like Mix_now 16b? I tried the ms and and it didn't work. Thanks for your help.

发表时间 Sun 19 Dec 21 @ 9:12 pm
If you would like it to be a same for when you activate mix_now. (or when you double click a track in your automix playlist) then change the automixSkipLength in options.

If automix is off, one can use mix_now 4000ms to set the fade length to 4 seconds

发表时间 Sun 19 Dec 21 @ 9:48 pm
IIDEEJAYII wrote :
If you would like it to be a same for when you activate mix_now. (or when you double click a track in your automix playlist) then change the automixSkipLength in options by clicking the gear icon at upper right and choosing Options tab.

If automix is off, one can use mix_now 4000ms to set the fade length to 4 seconds

I tried the mix_now 4000ms with automix off and both songs keep playing.

发表时间 Sun 19 Dec 21 @ 10:00 pm
yes I believe that is what mix_now does when automix is off.

Just starts the loaded track (or loads and starts the browser selected track) from its current position, and moves the crossfader at the specified fade speed. Does not stop the first track.

if you would like it to stop the old track and maybe load the next song in your playlist... then automix is what you would like .. mix_now functions differently when automix is off

Note: new track starts from the beginning of the track, when automix is on.

发表时间 Sun 19 Dec 21 @ 10:19 pm
IIDEEJAYII wrote :
yes I believe that is what mix_now does when automix is off.

Just starts the loaded track (or loads and starts the browser selected track) from its current position, and moves the crossfader at the specified fade speed. Does not stop the first track.

if you would like it to stop the old track and maybe load the next song in your playlist... then automix is what you would like .. mix_now functions differently when automix is off

Note: new track starts from the beginning of the track, when automix is on.

Oh, okay..Thanks for the info...so i guess the answer is there is no way to put a parameter at the end of mix_now with automix on and have it mix the song with more than 4 bars.

发表时间 Sun 19 Dec 21 @ 10:59 pm
4 beats is the default for the setting automixSkipLength. If you change that to something different, (like 16.0) then the number of beats mix_now uses with automix, ON, will be 16 beats.

one can create a custom button, to have mix_now fade over 16 beats when automix is ON:
setting automixSkipLength 16.0 & mix_now

发表时间 Mon 20 Dec 21 @ 2:04 am