快速登录:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

话题: Sound quality difference between Mac and bootcamped windows?
Hi everyone. I’ve already posted before about my anal issues with the sound from my Prime 4 via Virtual DJ on my MacBook Pro. To be, at loud volumes, it just sounds a bit muddy. I was wondering whether the developers could shed any light on whether I might get better sound from Windows via boot camp on my Mac? Any other users out there use a bootcamped windows and find it better?

发表时间 Sun 19 Dec 21 @ 7:23 pm
There will be no difference. I have the 2019 16" i9 MBP and it's the same on both sides. Only difference is that Windows uses the ASIO drivers and the Mac side doesn't.

The problems you described earlier with the muddy sound are down the the Prime 4's very poor design and audio processing at the output stage and that's nothing to do with VDJ or the operating system as it happens in standalone mode too.

If it's that bugging ditch the P4 and get something better. There have been loads of them on ebay lately so it seems you're not the only one that's not happy with it. A bit over the top anyway just to be used as a glorified midi controller and 3 times the price of something that would sound better.

发表时间 Sun 19 Dec 21 @ 7:36 pm
Funny, because I've had my Prime 4 for over a year now and have no complaints about the sound. I've used it on numerous live streams too, and none of the listeners have complained either.

I also know various other streamers who use Prime 4s and they too have no complaints.

发表时间 Sun 19 Dec 21 @ 7:53 pm
The issue is to do with the RCA outputs sounding better than the balanced XLR at higher master volume. Others have noticed it too. You won't notice that when streaming.

I did some checks with my MCX8000 and it doesn't have this issue at all, so it's something introduced with the P4

发表时间 Sun 19 Dec 21 @ 7:59 pm
kradcliffe wrote :
You won't notice that when streaming

Won't I?

You don't know A) whether I'm using XLR or RCA outs or B) how loudly I monitor when streaming

You also don't know how the other streamers have theirs set up.

发表时间 Sun 19 Dec 21 @ 8:49 pm
@groovindj I'm not going to get in to an argument with you. Years of reading your posts and having a wife tells me just to walk away :)

发表时间 Sun 19 Dec 21 @ 10:36 pm