快速登录:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

话题: Moving Filter Folders/Playlists to External Drive
I have all of my music on an external SSD, which I intend to share between two MacBooks - my main and my backup.
I did read (from this link - https://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/VirtualDJ8_Backup%20Database_.html) that each external drive can have it's own set of Favorite, Virtual and Filter folders stored on each external drive, however, all of the filter folders I have created are located on the main machine's drive (On my MacBook, that is /Users/<My username>/Documents/VirtualDJ/Folders). I was unable to find an obvious setting to move my Filter Folders to the external drive. Is there a setting that I can use to move the current set of filter folders into the External's VirtualDJ folder and be accessible from VirtualDJ without having to manually create symlinks on the main drive of each MacBook?

发表时间 Thu 28 Oct 21 @ 4:01 am
No. The "Filters" special folder cannot be moved.
However there is a work around for your case:
Create a Virtual Folder on the root of the external drive.
Then copy (or move) your filters inside that folder.
Now this Virtual Folder (you can name it whatever you like) will be accessible on both MACs, and the filters inside it will keep working as usual.
It's only that this VF is not the "special" filters folder.

发表时间 Thu 28 Oct 21 @ 5:39 pm
Much thanks for your response. Your suggestion works, except for the minor problem - I have virtual folders and filter folders within parent virtual folders. Virtual DJ represents this with a .subfolders file. The subfolders files are shown as well, which is undesireable.

Also, I don't think history can be shared amongst the macbooks either - moving the relevant folders to the external + symlinking them back to the VirtualDJ folder seems to be cleaner.

发表时间 Sun 31 Oct 21 @ 6:00 pm