快速登录:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

话题: NS7II and Windows 10. Loose Controller during song
So, short story long.
I have an original NS7. Worked great for MANY years, till it didn't. I'm pretty sure the USB connection to the board broke. One of these days I'll take it apart and fix it.

When it went down a buddy had the NS7II that I now have. He sold it to me, and I figured why not, it's a good upgrade.

Well... not so much. It has not been reliable at all. I've finished my last 2 gigs with a standard mic mixer and a headphone to RCA cord.
Not Cool.

So tonight I downloaded the updated Firmware and removed and reinstalled the drivers on my Windows 10 machine. I pulled gear out and set up to make sure everything works. So I started playing some music and about 3 songs in, the song kept playing, but I lost all control. I couldn't even "force" it to play another song by just using the mouse.
A quick, unplug, and replug of the USB and it popped to live for another few songs, and same problem again.
So... Google here I come... I updated all the USB off settings I could find and optimized everything else. Same issue.

SO, I grabbed my backup computer. It's actually a little faster, but a number of years older than my primary laptop. It runs windows 8. I downloaded the USB driver and just got done running it for an hour and a half flawlessly.

What am I missing here? Obviously something with the NS7II and the Windows 10 computer don't get along. I have a gig Saturday that I need to get this dialed in for.

Thanks folks!

发表时间 Tue 05 Oct 21 @ 3:49 am
Were you using the same version of the software on both machines to interface to the NS7II ?

发表时间 Mon 25 Oct 21 @ 12:13 pm
sorry to hear this about the ns7ii but don't give up on this controller cause it is a good one and it does perform very well . i have and run this controller with windows 10 and the 2021 version it takes time on your part to put in your machine for it to understand what it is to do. i run the 6067 bulit and so far things work very well . try and start from basic bottom and retrace your steps . spec? security ? if your machine is getting too hot? ect? time in this program is well spend. for you machine will wise up the more you use it. and hope you have at least a i7 with intel.

发表时间 Tue 26 Oct 21 @ 2:01 pm
I also have it with mixtrack. It plays, and then skin freezes, but the sound plays. If you pull out the usb cord, then it reacts again.

发表时间 Tue 26 Oct 21 @ 2:51 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
bad usb connection,cable , I have the same with a launchpad, it's the usb socket that is loose.

发表时间 Tue 26 Oct 21 @ 4:44 pm
It played on his second computer so does not seem to be a cable. Maybe USB socket. I really can't remember having a USB hardware problem. It was developed for fault tolerance but could get damaged of course. Software can cause USB problems pretty easy if not handled right. My dog chewed the end off my USB camera cable. I cut off the end of a different USB cable and wired it on the bad cable. It works fine but never got around the making it neat and clean so the wires are sticking of the cable. Sometimes I short the wires to see what a program will do lol. But it signals a connected program just like it was pulled out.

发表时间 Tue 26 Oct 21 @ 5:34 pm