快速登录:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

话题: Moving to a new computer, new SSD. What VDJ folders/files do I need to move?
~~HELP~~

I experienced the unfortunate problem of a motherboard failure, which led me to obtain a newer model computer with a current model CPU and a newer NVMe PCIe M.2 SSD. Of course I'm wanting to use the fresh SSD because it's better, just makes sense. [now using Windows 10 w/ an Intel gen-10 i5 cpu, 32Gb of memory, and a GTX 1050ti graphics card].

In order to retain my VDJ settings, playlists, and history (and possibly prior-installed extensions/add-ons), I assume there are certain folders and files that I can move from my old drive to the new one. I have my old SSD drive installed as a secondary in the new computer, just to copy and move my old files from.

I know there is a lot of data/info stored in the "VirtualDJ" folder in my "Documents" folder (under my username in Windows). Is that all of what I need?, ...or is there more folders/files I need elsewhere, such as under "Programs/Program Data"?

The last question is....do I move (copy) these folders/files over to the new drive "before or after" I install Virtual DJ on the new computer?

....if this information is in already in the manual, I didn't see it. If it is in this forum somewhere, or in VDJPedia, can someone point me in the right direction? Thank you. :-)

(....also, for the record, I was using the latest update version of VDJ 2021 when this happened 3 days ago. Also, all my relevant files were in or created in their "default" locations, I did not move or change locations on anything.)

发表时间 Tue 07 Sep 21 @ 4:54 pm
NicotuxHome userMember since 2014
You are right, Minimum is everything in "Documents\VirtualDJ"
If collection was in the same disk : copy it too
Better use the same username in new PC , otherwise relocating tracks will be needed

if collection is on an external device, no extra copy is needed for it
if device letter changed relocating tracks may be needed as well

发表时间 Tue 07 Sep 21 @ 5:34 pm
UPDATE: I found the article in the VDJ Pedia that covered it.

https://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/How%20to%20Transfer%20To%20A%20New%20Computer.html

It was pretty informative and comprehensive. However it was written during the time VDJ 8 was out. Is there any new info or other files that are not covered in the Pedia article (above) that I need to be aware of for the current version (VDJ 2021)? If not, .... then I think I am good. :-)

{ ...wipes sweat from forehead....lol}

发表时间 Tue 07 Sep 21 @ 6:06 pm
NicotuxHome userMember since 2014
It's relevant VDJ 2021 is VDJ v8.5 only some new folders came with some new functionalities
"ScratchBanks\" and "Tracklisting\" both located in "Documents\VirtualDJ\" so no real difference apply

发表时间 Tue 07 Sep 21 @ 7:23 pm