快速登录:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

话题: No crashes were logged to your account recently
NicotuxHome userMember since 2014
Of course for this one and some other I was not logged in - as often while testing own stuffs
That(s most of the time not to send things with no interest

however "a couple of month ago" seem to indicate a lot of mess as most of the time when crash do not come from me I connect and play it again

was surely refering to dynamic deck allocation in polyphonic samplebank 128 pads piano skin, before the real number of open decks disappeared and I stopped it

but nothing logged since 08/26 and this is not normal
"Log Report" file is missing almost everything but had registered a lot prior to this date:
Thread pluginlist freezed. Thread splitoverview freezed. Thread WASAPI freezed. Thread configplugins freezed. Thread pluginlist freezed. Thread PartialDBLoad freezed. camerasource freezed. Thread skinEngine freezed. Thread coverEngine freezed. Thread mathEngineInit freezed. Thread videoEngine freezed. Thread split freezed. Thread videoDecoder freezed. Thread loadSample freezed. DX11 error: 304:887a0004 X11 error: 338:8007000e DX11 error: 353:80070057 DX11 error: 353:80070005....

I did again the same what was crashing before early post in the other thread but logged to virtualdj this time :
activate an old plugin not updated to "recent change" to init chain

WerFault.exe + virtualdj.exe not responding (but skin scrolling texts) + virtualdj.exe suspendedapp grayed out since you posted
This is a situation where clicking "kill process queue" will answer "refused"

lets try close the app from dialog box :
vermgr.exe send some data and then closed
WerFault.exe closed
virtualdj closed and virtualdj.exe (not responding one) too
virtualdj.exe (suspended one) running" normally" without anything on screen
... it finally closed after 3.5 mins

Log Report : Nothing
network activity ? none
total time of VDJ Down ? a lot, most would have restart computer
when not testing

发表时间 Fri 03 Sep 21 @ 2:28 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
If VirtualDJ locks up instead of crashing and it is subsequently closed by Windows then indeed the crash is not logged.
If you do want to report these crashes, what you can try is mapping 'crash' to midi, keyboard or skin button. (Depending on what is exactly locked up either midi, keyboard or skin might still respond to use this)
When this is triggered the crash is usually logged and sometimes does contain some useful information about where the other thread did get stuck.

If the plugin is the cause of the lock up then it will likely need to be fixed in the plugin though.

Also, if the lock up/crash does require you to restart your computer then I suspect something else is stalling (midi, sound, graphics driver perhaps)
If windows error reporting kicks in (as seems to be the case with WerFault.exe) this can also take longer than a normal crash.

发表时间 Fri 03 Sep 21 @ 2:39 pm