快速登录:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

话题: Controller reboots when high voltage peak on venue
Hello community,

I've been having this issue for years now, and since then I was not able to find any solution.
I'm running VDJ (last version) under a Allen & Heath K2 controller.
There are some times when I go and play on some specific venues, there seems to be some electricity fluctuance, high voltage peaks (I don't know the specific english term for this, correct me if I'm wrong) and when this happens, my controller reboots, and becomes useless (it doesn't seem to respond, though music keeps playing and I can still operate the software with keyboard, pad, etc)
Since I'm using the K2 built-in sound card, it's weird that after this reboot the audio keeps playing but the controller itself does not respond. I guess it has something to do with the audio in (rca input) ...

The only way to bring back the controller, is to close VDJ and reopen again (interrumpting the whole dj set, and you need to rely on an alternative music source on the venue to avoid silence)

What is even more weird, yesterday it happened when plugging / unplugging an external hd drive while using the software. Controller become useless again, music and software still playing.

Do you have any ideas on this ? Does it happen to you with any other controllers ?
(it's not just my K2, I've also tried with a friend's and same thing)

Thank you.

发表时间 Sat 17 Jul 21 @ 9:10 am
May be power consummation on USB PORT
maybe need to use a powered hub or a better power supply or an inverter
on a laptop also take a look to battery

发表时间 Sat 17 Jul 21 @ 11:22 am