快速登录:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

话题: Prelisten track in Beatport Link can jump to different position
rpradoPRO InfinityMember since 2005
Hi,
Just started to test out Beatport Link with Virtual DJ on PC version, found that track in pre-listen box could not jump to different position horizontally on the time bar and has to pre-listen from the very beginning.

Chances are nearly all tracks in Beatport has around 60 seconds of raw beat intro so pre-listen is worthless in this situation.

Please consider to fix.

BTW, I also use iOS DJay on iPad as my backup system which can jump horizontally on its' time bar.

Many thanks

Best Regards,
Richard Artimix

发表时间 Wed 23 Jun 21 @ 5:33 am
Perhaps the song had not downloaded more yet, and hence could not play the parts you try jump to?
If letting it load more first, more will be playable..

发表时间 Wed 23 Jun 21 @ 10:11 am
Hi,
Thanks for your reply.

I have tried again on last Saturday, the issue is still there.

Please refer to attached photo.

The photo shows the pre-listen bar, for example, when the mouse cursor clicks that position in the horizontal bar, the song preview do not Jump to that point as expected.

Anyone here in this forum using Beatport link please assist to try and let us know if that could be done or it is a bug!

Thank you for your attention!

Regards,
Richard Artimix

发表时间 Mon 28 Jun 21 @ 5:02 am
Dear Moderator,
There is no reply here, may be I report the issue to technical support forum tomorrow.
Thanks

发表时间 Thu 01 Jul 21 @ 6:41 am
DaPiskPRO SubscriberMember since 2020
Sry, is this really solved? My Beatport tracks - even when they are downloaded in the cache - will always start at the beginning of the track, when prelistining, so as you said..this is useless...

Non streaming tracks will prelisten from 30% on, or whatever the setting is.

I have 2023 b7831 PC installed.

发表时间 Wed 20 Dec 23 @ 10:29 am
I cannot reproduce your result... of not being able to jump to different positions during Prelisten of a beatport streamed track.

Yes for a streamed track the prelisten always starts at the beginning of the track, but one can easily jump to any location to prelisten.

here is video of picking a track I have never heard, (ie Not in database or in Offline cache)

https://gyazo.com/56db88082ba73937e5a90ad8fac27a05

When I click the prelisten button the track needs to download and VDJ also analyzes it.

Note: if download is slow, then may need to wait few seconds to be able to jump (as Rune has mentioned above)

Also note, currently set to play at 50% position for local tracks. (the indicator, green line at 50%)

And similar with Tidal tracks.

Win 10
build 7831

PS
here is screenshot video of same track, the second time one prelistens to a beatport track, (now in database, and not saved in offline cache) now showing the waveform .. so one can more easily pick the locations to jump to, prelisten.

Note: all tracks not loaded to a deck, just selected in browser, to prelisten.

https://gyazo.com/621979ee7db8c85dc203bc1409c81fbc

发表时间 Wed 20 Dec 23 @ 6:06 pm
Thank you, so you reproduced my problem ;-) I didn't describe that I am not able to jump to different positions, while prelistening.

The streaming tracks starts ALWAYS at the beginning, while prelistening and I have to click with the mouse to get to 40% percent or similar...

That is exactly what I have described and this is why this should be fixed...

I don't want to use the mouse...the streaming tracks should also start at the given percentage while scrolling with a controller through the list, either after they have been loaded or immediately when the tracks are in the cache.

发表时间 Thu 21 Dec 23 @ 2:43 am
Opps... thought you were asking about the original issue of this thread..
NOT being able to JUMP.. after the beatport streamed tracks ... start prelisten from the start of the track.

Maybe there is a solution... Your Wish..

yet it may be difficult with steamed tracks since they are being downloaded.. the middle of the track is not even avail for a bit of time, (the track has not been loaded to a deck) ...

and the beatport/beatsource offline tracks have been mentioned that they are different then other VDJ cached tracks.. in that VDJ has no control of them..
(it would be so awesome to precompute stems for the Beatport offline tracks, for example)

For example with Tidal cached tracks, the start of prelisten is, (at 50%) or at the predefined point..

And assume the prelisten starts at the predefined point, for other streaming providers.. like Dezzer etc.

发表时间 Thu 21 Dec 23 @ 5:23 am
Thank you very much for your response!

I will consider to try Tidal then...

发表时间 Sun 07 Jan 24 @ 4:14 pm