快速登录:  

Forum: General Discussion

话题: Radio broadcasts with VirtualDJ Pro

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

Is it possible to broadcast to a single Virtual DJ URL for DJs with separate Virtual DJ Pro licenses? This is for non-commercial gigs i.e. no revenue is being generated. Thanks

发表时间 Mon 22 Feb 21 @ 10:16 am
The VirtualDJ URL (eg https://www.virtualdj.com/user/yourusername/broadcast.html) is not an actual server.
It's just an alias that loops back to the computer doing the broadcast.
This means that for each user this alias is different (and for each session as well if your ip gets changed, but you don't need to worry about this)

Therefore two or three users cannot share the same broadcast link.

The only solution would be for those users to broadcast under the same username.
As long as we are talking about 2 or 3 users that might work. But for more users the license sharing security mechanism might kick in.

The best solution IMHO would be to quickly setup an icecast server on one of your PC's (preferably the one with the best internet connection) and use that server to broadcast. You can also use a free no-ip.com (or similar) domain address if you want to keep it free.

发表时间 Mon 22 Feb 21 @ 10:58 am
many thanks for your help, if we were to acquire a business license, would we face a similar change i.e. unique URLs?

发表时间 Mon 22 Feb 21 @ 1:03 pm
You can broadcast to a single url from more than one VirtualDJ Pro (more than one DJ)

But this needs a server (shoutcast or icecast), either setting up one yourself or using one of the many options available (hosted, free and paid for)

There are 1000s of such "web radios" hosting platforms available, here are a few examples:
https://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/broadcast-to-a-radio.html

VirtualDJ works with them all (shoutcast / icecast), and this way you get a permanent url to share to listeners even if there is more than one DJ. Can set up timetable/schedule, chats and more :)

发表时间 Mon 22 Feb 21 @ 1:55 pm
J J ZrnPRO InfinityMember since 2019
This "broadcast" option, for me and streaming to Shoutcast, works awesome!..Im so glad that VDJ has it, If it didn't, I could not use it (as well as many i know that use it). However, I experience a very long delay in reconnecting to my shoutcast server if I get disconnected, or disconnect on purpose using the broadcast button. I have to wait almost 45 seconds or so to reconnect. Conversely, If i close out of VDJ all together, i can log back in (reconnect to shoutcast with the broadcast button) as soon as VDJ loads (which is like a second or two. Its very fast). Its not an good way cause i loose some settings when i have to reboot it. Why is it when using the broadcast button there is that delay in disconnecting from the shoutcast server versus when i just close out of VDJ and reopen it? It seems like the broadcast button method of disconnecting takes a long time to release the server versus just closing out of VDJ all together. I hope my question makes sense..lol

发表时间 Tue 16 Mar 21 @ 1:26 pm

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)