快速登录:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

话题: Large Music.app library doesn't load correctly into browser section - Error opening file / Unknown file type / Error on Deck 1

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

I've googled and searched but no answer. Point me the right place as this can't be new.

Downloaded VDJ (v8.5b6294) on my Mac (Big Sur). Obs. no iTunes but rather Music.app. No iTunes.xml file but rather the Music Library.musiclibrary in ~/Music/Music/ folder. It points to files that are on another volume. Music.app works great (well, as it does). 73,131 files per Music. VDJ says 73,807 in iTunes (why they still call it iTunes?) but maybe that's because it's counting playlists or something? Displayed information about the tracks is not right (not showing detailed information like Artist and length etc.) Sometimes that information does show up eventually for a track. Lots of "Downloading..." popping up when I search for something.

When I find a cut then right click and tag editor it tells me "Error opening file" every time. Sometimes artwork loads. Usually wrong artwork. When I try to play the cut always get the "Error on Deck 1" (or 2) and showing "Unknown file type." Files are fine and play in Music.app or QuickTime (most mp3 some m4a ranging from 128 to 320kbps).

I can drag a file from the directory and toss it on the turntable and it works as expected. BUT only if it's not one that shows up in the selector already. So search for Ladyflash, nothing. Find it in finder. Drop it on and we're rockin. Find something in the List. Locate it in finder. Drop it on and same Unknown file type error.

So what's going on with it trying to read my library? Is it just too big? I let the thing process overnight and no change. I've reloaded. I've removed from SearchDB and readded it. Help?

发表时间 Mon 15 Feb 21 @ 5:52 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Can you check in Tag Editor what path it shows for the files that don't load?

发表时间 Mon 15 Feb 21 @ 6:03 pm
It shows the correct path (eg "/Volume/media/mp3/Band/Album") it knows the file size (eg 5.01MB) and rating (★) so it is finding it. Filename is correct ("01 Song Name.mp3"). I read on other forums that there could be issues with media hosted on other volumes but nothing that quite felt the same.

发表时间 Mon 15 Feb 21 @ 7:01 pm
Did you give VirtualDJ full disk access in macOS security settings?

发表时间 Tue 16 Feb 21 @ 7:07 am
Hmm. Okay so I did that. No difference. But I thought it couldn't be the issue as it finds the files BUT maybe it isn't finding them on the other partition. It's only knows about the songs and their locations from the Music Library.musiclibrary file on the same partition as VirtualDJ.

So I then just try to browse to that location from inside VDJ Local Music/Volumes/Media and nothing ever comes up. Now I can drag and drop a track from that directory into VDJ and all is fine. I guess I can create a new Music.app library that is very small but on a remote volume and see if that works?

Wait how do I do that? In browser it says iTunesDatabaseFile /Users/MYACCOUNT/Library/Containers/com.atomixproductions.virtualdj/Data/Music/iTunes/iTunes Library.xml which doesn't even exist because duh there is no more iTunes. So how does it know which Music.app library it's looking for? How does it even know about my current library?

Anyone?

发表时间 Tue 16 Feb 21 @ 3:30 pm
It uses the apple music API to request the information about your library

发表时间 Tue 16 Feb 21 @ 3:59 pm
So that path listed there (that obvs. goes no where) doesn't matter? Fair enough. Backwards compatibility. Got it.

So I created my new Music.app library. Put one song on it. Go to iTunes->Music in VDJ and there it is. Drag it up. Everything is great.

Then shut down VDJ. Went back to Music.app and then said move my media library to the other partition. Put a different song in the library. Poof shows up on that partition. Great.

Went back into VDJ and it sees the song in my iTunes->Music already. Lovely. But when I drag it up to the deck it says the same errors. So the issue is definitely that VDJ doesn't like the 2nd partition.

Now for the next test I moved the whole Music.app library to the second partition. No difference. Which if the app isn't looking at Music Library.musiclibrary but rather using an API makes sense. But we did confirm that it's not an issue with Music Library.musiclibrary being on a different partition than the media.

SO if we know that VirtualDJ is querying the API and getting information about the track and learning it's path, but not able to actually get the file at that path to load it, what's going on? A bug? A local permissions issue that doesn't pop up when I drop a file in from that partition manually?

发表时间 Tue 16 Feb 21 @ 4:43 pm
Did you install VirtualDJ from the app store perhaps? If so, try to download it from the virtualdj website instead. The app store version might have more restrictions regarding reading from other drives.

发表时间 Tue 16 Feb 21 @ 8:07 pm
I did. So I just got it directly from the site and it works now.

I mean not all the songs are available in the search and that tags aren't all filled in but I got a feeling that's just due to the size of my library.

Thanks for your help!

发表时间 Tue 16 Feb 21 @ 10:43 pm

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)