快速登录:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

话题: How to keep Stems set for the EQ knobs in the software.

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

How do I keep Stems set for the EQ knobs in the software.

Seems that currently when one clicks the name of a EQ knob it toggles between stems and traditional EQ, making it harder to use the mouse to adjust a Stem, since when working quickly, one may by accident, be off a bit when trying to click the software knob and change from Stems to Traditional EQs ( or visa versa) (cannot find any documentation of this feature, or how to disable it, and believe it is a recent change)

for illustration, below is short video of clicking on the Names of the EQ Knobs. (using the Default Pro skin w NO controllers connected)

https://gyazo.com/bde9c62b0c7b96202da8e771a7b4dac4

How do I disable this toggling feature.

Would like to have Stem enabled all the time, and NOT have them switch after an accidental click (I can control traditional EQs from another controller)

----------------
VDJ ver 6294
Default Pro skin w NO controllers connected

发表时间 Sun 07 Feb 21 @ 12:32 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
There is no setting or action to disable a skin feature. You will need to edit the skin you are using.
E.g. for the Pro Default skin, open the xml , search for eq_high, eq_mid and eq_low and remove the action="" part from the <textzone ... line.

Example

<panel class="knob_modern" x="+0" y="+63">
<slider action="eq_high" dblclick="eq_high 50%" rightclick="eq_high 0% ? eq_high 50% : eq_high 0%" frommiddle="true"/>
<textzone action="eq_mode +1"><text action="high_label"/></textzone>
</panel>

the bold enlarged part of the code above, is the one you need to delete. In Pro Default skin you will need to edit all of the EQ knob, 32 in total

发表时间 Sun 07 Feb 21 @ 2:03 pm
NicotuxHome userMember since 2014
strangely the opposite can be done!, you can set the eq_mode to "disabled" and control stems from the other controler
stems are not disabled by this function, only commands are not link to equalizer anymore
This does not alter the other functions stem related such as stem and stem_pad and only_stem but only the eq_* ones

发表时间 Sun 07 Feb 21 @ 7:46 pm
Thank you Nicotux

That worked perfectly ! !

I changed
 <textzone action="eq_mode +1"> 

in the code you posted above
to
 <textzone action="nothing"> 

in 24 locations of the Pro.xml file

---------------------------------------
Nicotux wrote :
strangely the opposite can be done!, you can set the eq_mode to "disabled" and control stems from the other controler

Where does make that change?

In options there are only the 4 choices from the drop-down for the option: eqMode
and
created a custom button: eq_mode "disabled"
which gave me the menu to change the mode when clicked.

发表时间 Sun 07 Feb 21 @ 11:08 pm
NicotuxHome userMember since 2014
in the dropdown page it is called "disabled" but in fact it is eq_mode 'frequency'
and setting mode eqMode frequency too

发表时间 Sun 07 Feb 21 @ 11:27 pm

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)