快速登录:  

Forum: General Discussion

话题: Samples as a separate Window.

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

riccojsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
VDJ Team and users

I am a long time user of VDJ. This is the first time I need some help from the community. What I need is a un-docked browser window that holds the Sampler section of virtual DJ. I am going to move the sampler section to a USB Touch screen (size to be determined 15.6" most likely 1920x1080) including the top scroll bar that scrolls through the various sample pages.

This thread was the closest that I am looking for. I have a DDJ-XP2 and this works great combined with my controller. But I have so many samples and guest DJs that use the system. No one really knows what all the buttons are on each page while DJING live.

I have the most current version of VDJ, and I want to modify the default skins (Starter , Essentials, Pro, Performance) to include Samples as a window or undock the sampler section to move to another screen. This touch screen would then become the pads screen with the bonus of lables! And just like the sampler section be able to change the view to include more or less buttons by changin the size.

We do not use the pads for tapping a beat they are only used for audio and video drops.

Can anyone give me some guidance or could someone code these skins up for my needs and I would pay for that.
I have contacted VDJ about this and they said several skins have un-docking features but I need to use the default skin.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks
John VJ Ricco @DJRiccoInTheMix

发表时间 Sat 21 Nov 20 @ 6:40 pm
The sampler can already take over the whole browser area simply by dragging the sampler wide.
So to make things as simply and easy as possible, you just need to add a browser window xml., that is basically just around 5-6 lines ...

See here : https://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/Browser-in-Window.html

And you can even easily map a keyboard key to turn it on and off

If you want to get a little more advanced you can create a custom browser in the window with only the sideview that holds sampler.
But not really needed, regular browser will do fine
http://virtualdj.com/wiki/Custom-Browser.html

发表时间 Sat 21 Nov 20 @ 6:52 pm

发表时间 Sun 22 Nov 20 @ 6:31 pm
I have make 2 Skins where I can dock out the Sampler as a Window and a Pair of other things also.
Send me Pn when you wil have these , I have not uplouded because I work on it more and more.

发表时间 Sun 22 Nov 20 @ 7:01 pm
Thanks for all your feedback. I was testing with the browser window idea, which could not get to work. I have found the flaw and now the browser window works. This is perfect. Will be doing more testing to see how well this works.

Thanks
John

发表时间 Mon 23 Nov 20 @ 8:52 pm
Here is what I have and it works great.

I have two issues one the background: It becomes the current buttons view so as you change FXs you can see the previous pages FX between the buttons.
The other is I would like to add the FX chooser menu and options to the top of the page.

<window name="Pads_Window" posx="100" posy="100" width="1024" height="768" image="Blank.png" shown="false" effects="yes" >
<sampler>
<size width="1024-10" height="768-10"/>
<pos x="5" y="5"/>
</sampler>
</window>

Thanks
John

发表时间 Tue 24 Nov 20 @ 11:48 pm
NicotuxHome userMember since 2014
<Window > needs either an image="" (you use) or a color="" parameter or a <background /> child in a way to set anything as a background)
( but the default "transparent" , the colors 'transparent' 'none' or '' and a blank 'transparent' image which in fact do nothing else but using raw data in the not refreshed buffer )
i.e.:
<window name="Pads_Window" posx="100" posy="100" width="1024" height="768" color="white" shown="false" effects="yes" >
border="" parameter is also supported
(it looks like image have to be at least 1 pixel wider the window to appear, maybe a bad use use or a bug in some builds only
when "image" is used, all graphics for drawings will come from this one, not the one defined in the <skin > first line)

For FX select add a button with action="effect_select 'sampler' "

发表时间 Wed 25 Nov 20 @ 12:24 am
Thanks for the info, I will give it a shot. More of a learning curve at this point. I have plied with all the background settings for some time with no success. I will work through what you said, and this is what I have. The color option was great, but I can't get the syntax right for border and adding the effect selector button.

<window name="Pads_Window" posx="100" posy="100" width="1024" height="768" color="black" shown="false" effects="yes" >
<sampler>
<size width="1024-10" height="768-10"/>
<pos x="5" y="5"/>
</sampler>
</window>

Thanks
John

发表时间 Wed 25 Nov 20 @ 1:46 am
NicotuxHome userMember since 2014
for border it is as simple as color="black" : border="yourcolor"

example of big manual sampler fx double button with activation and select on top of the window
<button action="effect_active 'sampler'" >
<pos x="+5" y="+5"/>
<size width="165" height="33">
<text action="get effect_name 'sampler'" size="17" align="center" scroll="yes"/>
</button>
<button action="effect_select 'sampler'">
<posx="+170" y="+5"/>
<size width="30" height="33"/>
<text size="22" text="▼" />
</button>

you of course have to move down the sampler in a way to get it appear at least to "y=5+33" and reduce the height="768-10-33"
you can add other buttons and sliders for volume and fx control ... as well as sampler options or vumeter ...

发表时间 Wed 25 Nov 20 @ 6:04 am
Thanks for your input: Boarder is working and I have moved the buttons down to make room for the sample selector. But for the life of me I can not get any button configuration to load.

Like on the default skin you have a right left arrow and other options. Ihave tried to pull this info from other skins with no success. I will pay for your time but can you code out the buttons like in the default skin?

<!--
BUTTON BANK
-->
<window name="Pads_Window" posx="100" posy="100" width="1024" height="768" color="black" shown="false" effects="yes" border="white" >
<sampler>
<size width="1024-10" height="768-10-33"/>
<pos x="5" y="5+33"/>
</sampler>
</window>

Thanks
John

发表时间 Wed 25 Nov 20 @ 1:03 pm
Newer Versions of Skin OrangeJuice (v4.x) offers a Samples Window or samples as a stretchable Rack

PM me to get a brand new V5.0 preview skin

发表时间 Sun 29 Nov 20 @ 12:28 pm

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)