快速登录:  

Forum: General Discussion

话题: Pioneer XDJ-XZ with VDJ

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

How does the built-in fx works with virtual dj, can I choose to use the unit with the Pioneer FX (guess it's hardware FX) and later select to use VDJ software fx engine?

发表时间 Thu 22 Oct 20 @ 4:55 pm
locodogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
you can use both at the same time

发表时间 Thu 22 Oct 20 @ 5:02 pm

发表时间 Thu 22 Oct 20 @ 7:06 pm
Thanks both of you for response as usual.
I still look eventually to buy the XZ but cannot really justify

My technerd inside me want it today
My wallet says ’wait’
And my general thinking is that since I already have the DDJ-1000, is it ’okey’ to spend the cost of TWO ddj-1000’s for a unit that does not offer very much extra except for the stand-alone mode

发表时间 Thu 22 Oct 20 @ 7:29 pm
Standalone is so useful though. Since I got a Prime 4 earlier this year, it's not been put away. It's just a pleasure to use.

发表时间 Thu 22 Oct 20 @ 7:47 pm
Hi Groovin’
Yes absolutely stand alone for backup and perhaps simpler gigs without need of pc is quite interesting aswell.
How is your general workflow in terms of standalone and vdj use ?

发表时间 Thu 22 Oct 20 @ 8:27 pm
Well there's not much work because of the damn covid situation, but flow - I really find the Prime 4 very easy to use without involving VDJ at all.

Having had things with small screens before, I was dubious about how easy it would be, but they've nailed it this time.

The numerous ports, internal SSD, line and phono inputs. It's all covered.

I'm sure once I get this thing on the road, my VDJ computer will be relegated to emergency backup only.

发表时间 Thu 22 Oct 20 @ 8:44 pm
A final question for the moment. It's not actually related to VDJ but I have really struggled to find a good explanation of it.
It says the XDJ-XZ has some kind of "Link export" mode or similair name which enables to import media from up to 2 external pc's.
Can anyone explain what this means ? Can it be used with VDJ ? Only RB ?

发表时间 Fri 23 Oct 20 @ 10:29 am
From Google search:

For “Link Export” you will need to connect your unit using a Ethernet cable to a computer, and the only available function is to load music from the computer directly to the unit."

That's a Rekordbox-only function.

发表时间 Fri 23 Oct 20 @ 11:03 am
Yes that is what I have seen also, but pretty much it all.

So it enables one to transfer audio from Rekordbox to the XZ without having to stream the audio then ?
Then I guess it will work pretty much as an extension of the standalone mode without having to keep all the tracks on an USB device and also not even needed to actually see the connected pc.

发表时间 Fri 23 Oct 20 @ 11:27 am
If comparing DDJ-1k (software mixer) with XDJ-XZ (hardware mixer) what does this change in terms of operation together with VDJ ?

发表时间 Mon 26 Oct 20 @ 7:53 am
Hello everyone...
Just off the topic please.. I have a question and I have been struggling to solve it or find a solution yet I failed. I am using Numark NS7III, Traktor S8, Rane 72 and 12's ... now I got me another gear which is the Pioneer XDJ-XZ
My question is: Why when I use any of the above controllers and starts recording, all of my files comes in perfect sound but not the new Pioneer XDJ-XZ? It's too low and I can't figure it out why and where to fix that.. Any help, would be much appreciated.
Thank you and happy weekend to all

发表时间 Sat 14 Nov 20 @ 12:09 pm
The XDJ-XZ is a high end controller with separate deck output from the software (aka, the songs audio are not crossfaded or "mixed" in software but rather hardware).

Therefore you need to loop back the sound out of the mixer, back into a pc-line in, to be able to record the sound from the mixer.
Luckily this is built-into the driver, and with a simple "Record" entry in VirtualDJ sound setting, and the software capture this sound for recording.

That works great, but keep in mind (unlike controllers that record internally at the computer), the master volume level, and channel volume on the controller itself dictates how loud the recording is. So perhaps you just need to turn up the master a little ;-)

发表时间 Sat 14 Nov 20 @ 6:53 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
From XDJ-XZ Utilities (hold down MENU button for 2 secs) under MIXER , see if setting the USB Output Level to a higher (lower negative) value affects recording output.

发表时间 Sat 14 Nov 20 @ 7:51 pm

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)