快速登录:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

话题: Widescreen monitor

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

Hello, how can I use VDJ with a widescreen monitor?
Now it covers the complete screen, cannot make it smaller.
In this mode I can't see the playlists etc.
Is it possible to make it smaller?

发表时间 Tue 29 Sep 20 @ 11:59 am
Are you using Mac or PC? What is the resolution of your screen?

Most screens now are widescreen. It's standard. Most VDJ skins are also widescreen (1920 x 1080).

VDJ works in the same way as other software. It has minimize, maximize and close buttons.

The maximize button switches between full screen and windowed / floating, which you can resize. Standard software behaviour.

发表时间 Tue 29 Sep 20 @ 12:16 pm
NicotuxHome userMember since 2014
Yes it is possible.... but will give oval jogs

manually set "skin_height"
i.e. skin_height 1080 & skin_width 3840

That's a BIG issue,
VDJ do not want users to use large resolutions, small width resolution (< skin width/2) but allows any height
and worth it resizes wrongly to skin ratio for the width to fit in one display only

this gives strange windows with not accessible resize zone and half the window out of screen in height
i.e. 3840x1080 only displays jogs
if manually resized to 3840x1080 jog are ovals

if 1080x1920, (portrait or rotation 90) the browser is insane

the same time, preview video and texts in popups are resized
preview can becomes pixelized just because main window is small, text in popups being very big

发表时间 Tue 29 Sep 20 @ 12:16 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Half the skin width is still plenty, and allows you to use more than half of your 21:9 monitor and still have similar view as on 16:9.
You should be able to just resize by clicking the bottom-right corner of the skin and dragging it smaller.

发表时间 Tue 29 Sep 20 @ 12:20 pm
Thanks for your info!!

发表时间 Tue 29 Sep 20 @ 12:28 pm
NicotuxHome userMember since 2014
@adion:
bottom right corner is mainly out of the display area

@groovindj: no VDJ does not work the same way as other software. It has minimize, maximize and close buttons but they do not work as any other softwares

close button closes software even mouse is not over anymore
minimize is working for all the currently open windows, but often restore them with other windows top levels (sometime usefull though)
maximize seems to do it ok

and dual click on resize zone (reset to skin default) fit only one display,; with nvidia grid, AMD Eyefinity ... only width of seems to be used making windows right ratio, but part out of desktop

发表时间 Tue 29 Sep 20 @ 12:29 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
By default the window is resized to fit the display, so on a 3840x1080 monitor, yes the browser will be cut off, but the resize corner will still be available at the bottom right to drag it smaller.

发表时间 Tue 29 Sep 20 @ 2:30 pm

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)