快速登录:  

Forum: General Discussion

话题: Mini PC

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

Have any of the mobile guys ever used a Mini itx PC instead of a Laptop?
If so what pros and cons have you been able to notice?

发表时间 Fri 18 Sep 20 @ 1:43 am
First thing comes to my mind is its not a good look. Won't you need a monitor and keyboard?

发表时间 Fri 18 Sep 20 @ 1:51 am
digijoc-Mele wrote :
First thing comes to my mind is its not a good look. Won't you need a monitor and keyboard?

I have that covered already. That's a con that I've already figured a work around with the desk mount arm I already have.

发表时间 Fri 18 Sep 20 @ 2:09 am
I’ve used a Mac mini. Worked great but In the end I just found it was easier to use my MacBook.

Less stuff to carry around.

发表时间 Fri 18 Sep 20 @ 3:13 am
the SOUND INSURGENT wrote :
I’ve used a Mac mini. Worked great but In the end I just found it was easier to use my MacBook.

Less stuff to carry around.

Very big con. What about a case no bigger than a laptop case?
I've watched video editing vids and I know I won't use as much power as 4k video editing. So I'm thinking heat shouldn't be a problem.
I'm thinking heavy on repair and upgrades ability. Tired of buying new laptops. Ease on that aspect is making the lack of ease carrying multiple pieces acceptable.

发表时间 Fri 18 Sep 20 @ 3:24 am
Grok32Home userMember since 2019
I went through four laptops trying to get the same performance that I get with my desktop computer. (All windows laptops.) I started with the high end models $2500 range and found them totally unsuitable. The problem seemed to be the laptop would overheat and slow the processor down. Also the sound quality via usb was terrible. After much research on various DJ sites I came across a recommendation to try the cheapest laptop I could find with a larger case, fixed processor speed large fan, and no touchscreen. It worked to some extent. I ended up with a $300 HP model with an AMD processor. The sound quality is nearly as good as my desktop with no stuttering or glitches.
I also tried a Mac Mini and an ASUS mini PC. The sound quality and performance was excellent with both of these but I did have to increase the Ram to 8Gb. (They came with 4Gb). For my purposes the portability was not a great issue as I utilized TV's already at the remote sites via HDMI.

发表时间 Fri 18 Sep 20 @ 2:47 pm
there's an older thread you can look for - a 'show your gear off' post - where there are even custom rackmounted pc's build directly into a flight case so that you would just have to open it up, plug in, power up, hit play. everything in one case on wheels that you could just about take anywhere. some guys even custom built their own flight cases to go with them.
advantages - raw power and none of the performance throttling, ease of maintenance and upgrading, and you can customize to your hearts content without having to buy a laptop every time the technology improves.
cons - a little extra weight and the time it takes to initially put it together

发表时间 Fri 18 Sep 20 @ 7:18 pm

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)