快速登录:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

话题: Metadata exposure via file
Is there any way to ask for, or does it already exist? I need to split the single Icecast stream into two, and need a place to access the song info metadata in either a file or via TCP (I'm assuming a file would be FAR easier to do than to expose a TCP endpoint to do it).

发表时间 Mon 07 Sep 20 @ 7:34 am

发表时间 Mon 07 Sep 20 @ 8:51 am

发表时间 Mon 07 Sep 20 @ 9:29 am

发表时间 Mon 07 Sep 20 @ 12:04 pm

发表时间 Wed 16 Sep 20 @ 3:26 pm

发表时间 Wed 16 Sep 20 @ 3:33 pm
TristanX wrote :
TristanX wrote :
wickedmix wrote :
best solution i can find is here and I've been using it for a long time

https://www.virtualdj.com/plugins/index.html?addonid=80483

This is exactly what I need, I'll try it out today, ,thanks a MILLION!!!

How do I get this to work? LOL

Ok, ,I sort of got it to work, however ... it only works with files I store locally, if I stream in via say, Soundcloud or Beatport ... I get the weird code used to id the song, not the actual track info ,... any suggestions??

发表时间 Wed 16 Sep 20 @ 3:59 pm
TristanX wrote :
TristanX wrote :
TristanX wrote :
wickedmix wrote :
best solution i can find is here and I've been using it for a long time

https://www.virtualdj.com/plugins/index.html?addonid=80483

This is exactly what I need, I'll try it out today, ,thanks a MILLION!!!

How do I get this to work? LOL

Ok, ,I sort of got it to work, however ... it only works with files I store locally, if I stream in via say, Soundcloud or Beatport ... I get the weird code used to id the song, not the actual track info ,... any suggestions??

I do get an error if I set it to "Advanced" ... Sequence contains no elements ... not sure how to address that either.

发表时间 Wed 16 Sep 20 @ 4:05 pm
1) You don't need to quote the entire text of a message that's immediately above yours
2) You can edit your original message rather than create a new one each time

:-)

发表时间 Wed 16 Sep 20 @ 4:13 pm
Hah, sorry about that, I didn't see the "New Message" button lol

发表时间 Wed 16 Sep 20 @ 4:49 pm
Pretty sure this only works correctly with local files.

I don't use any of the streaming services so can't say for sure.

发表时间 Wed 16 Sep 20 @ 4:58 pm
Yeah, that's what it looks like, however, working with it helped me to get BUTT working right, so that's an optional solution.,

发表时间 Wed 16 Sep 20 @ 5:27 pm
What i posted works with streamed media (any media), but requires some basic NodeJS programming knowledge.

发表时间 Wed 16 Sep 20 @ 6:36 pm
FunctionGer wrote :
What i posted works with streamed media (any media), but requires some basic NodeJS programming knowledge.

it was a good idea be he is trying to get the data to the server not from the server :-)

发表时间 Wed 16 Sep 20 @ 7:57 pm
wickedmix wrote :

it was a good idea be he is trying to get the data to the server not from the server :-)

He could fetch the data from one icecast stream and use it for the other. Or am i misunderstanding the problem here?

发表时间 Wed 16 Sep 20 @ 8:47 pm
I could totally do that, ,but I am not well versed in JS ... only C# :( I did consider writing my own app to do it but I think I found a solution using BUTT and the file VDJ stores it's history in as it goes. Thanks for all your awesome help, I wouldn't have found that solution without it.

发表时间 Wed 16 Sep 20 @ 8:49 pm

发表时间 Mon 11 Oct 21 @ 4:16 am
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
@TristanX
I made an in app plugin to send metadata via HTTP for somebody. Advantage over play2text is there is zero delay [for file to count as played] and as it's a in app plugin it doesn't sleep like play2text.
Would that work?

发表时间 Mon 11 Oct 21 @ 8:45 am