快速登录:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

话题: ignoreDrives on MacOS

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

Okay, so how on earth do you use the "ignoreDrives" setting on a Mac? I've found a lot of people on here with this question not getting answered, so I'm not hopeful that there's a solution, but it's worth a try.

Remember that on MacOS there are no drive letters, only volume names, so the binary solution of expressing drive letters (weird way of doing it btw... seriously, what made you think that was a cool plan?) doesn't work. Are we supposed to used the physical disk ID instead of the letter? In which case is there an offset, as the drive I want to exclude is the system drive which is "disk0"?

Come on guys... there must be a way of having a folder list somewhere that we can exclude instead of this daft binary method. No?

发表时间 Thu 03 Sep 20 @ 4:17 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Ignore drives only works on Windows.

发表时间 Thu 03 Sep 20 @ 4:44 pm
Adion wrote :
Ignore drives only works on Windows.

Well that's just dandy.

Not.

发表时间 Thu 03 Sep 20 @ 5:13 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
What do you need it for?

发表时间 Thu 03 Sep 20 @ 5:14 pm
Adion wrote :
What do you need it for?

I have all my music on an external drive that I carry around between two different Macs... my base station where I do radio work, and my laptop where I do on-the-road work (mainly my dance events). I collect all my tracks into virtual folders that relate to the type of thing I'm doing, but I tend to do all the sorting out of tracks when I'm on my base station rather than on the laptop. So far so good, and the folders all port nicely between computers.

But... if I just go to the search box and look for "Destiny" (for example) it searches my current Virtual Folder, but it also searches everything else that's accessible. Which is fine... except that both Macs have iTunes on them and it might show me a version that's part of iTunes... which is again fine, except that files that are downloaded and discoverable on one machine MIGHT NOT BE THERE on the other. I don't keep my iTunes libraries in sync as far as what's on the cloud and what's local because that's the way I need it to be. So when I build my vFolders I need to double check for every file that I'm choosing the one off the right disk. Also there's a pile of other audio tracks on the main drive on both machines that I use for other things... and some of them have weird names, or names similar to tracks, and I have *absolutely* no interest in ever finding them through VDJ.

So I need to have some kind of setting somewhere that tells the main search "don't look on the iTunes main volume". Or better yet, "*only* look on the 'Music' volume".

Any suggestions?

发表时间 Mon 07 Sep 20 @ 3:50 pm

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)