快速登录:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

话题: BPM detection range

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

Hello

Is there any setting for the BPM detection range?
I mainly have drum an bass tracks in the range of 172 to 176 BPM and the detection algorithm always detects half the tempo so I manually have to double it for every single track. Other dj tools have a detection limit settings with which you can avoid mistaken half tempos.

Many thanks.

发表时间 Wed 19 Aug 20 @ 6:42 am
No, there's not such a setting. However you can double the BPM by mass instead of one-by-one.
Just select the tracks you want, open them on TAG Editor, and click the x2 button next to BPM.
Done!

发表时间 Wed 19 Aug 20 @ 8:15 am
I do find it strange that tracks which to our ears are clearly slow get detected as fast, and tracks that are clearly fast get detected as slow.

I find here in the UK with the charts being full of very slow autotuned trap stuff, most of it gets detected as over 130bpm.

发表时间 Wed 19 Aug 20 @ 8:52 am
PhantomDeejay wrote :
No, there's not such a setting. However you can double the BPM by mass instead of one-by-one.
Just select the tracks you want, open them on TAG Editor, and click the x2 button next to BPM.
Done!

I think you can combine this mass editing with a filter folder where songs below say 150BPM are displayed. Might make it easy enough for you.

发表时间 Fri 21 Aug 20 @ 4:20 pm
groovindj wrote :
I do find it strange that tracks which to our ears are clearly slow get detected as fast, and tracks that are clearly fast get detected as slow.

I find here in the UK with the charts being full of very slow autotuned trap stuff, most of it gets detected as over 130bpm.

True.
However technically the most trust-worthy sound for BPM detection is snare, not bass or kick. That's why sometimes on specific genres BPM detection algorithms detect half/double BPM. Now that stems separation is more easy, perhaps the BPM algorithm can be improved more in order to use kick to decide between half/double BPM's when in doubt...

PS: Trap tunes are indeed produced with high BPM values on corresponding DAWs, despite that for the human ear they are "slow" tunes...
On a DAW producers usually prefer to produce a trap song with 150 BPM instead of 75 (better quantize, and tighter effects manipulation)

发表时间 Fri 21 Aug 20 @ 5:04 pm
Indeed some AI that could be taught how different genres sound would help. Even if VDJ just read the genre tag to check if it was analysing drum & bass or (t)rap.

My main wish though is for the BPM analysis to know when the tempo varies, and vary the beat grid accordingly. In 2020 this should be possible :-)

发表时间 Fri 21 Aug 20 @ 5:12 pm

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)