快速登录:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

话题: Pioneer DDJ-RZX Various problems - Page: 2
I believe that after the time has elapsed the RZX issue with release effects will not be resolved. So unfortunately they are unusable and if you press the lever you risk having serious problems during a DJ set due to the fact that the effects do not respond correctly and often remain enchanted or stop everything.
To recover the function of the lever I was trying to assign the command of a vst that has similar functions and I wanted some help on this:

effect_slider 'vst used' 44 0.50
effect_slider 'vst used' 44 0.75
effect_slider 'vst used' 44 1

I have already assigned these values individually to 3 pads of xp1 and they work perfectly with the vst, so what could be the correct script to enter these three values and match them with the three pressure levels of the lever that controls the release effects of the RZX ?

Thank you

发表时间 Wed 15 Dec 21 @ 2:42 am
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
the lever doesn't have pressure levels, it's a simple on/off switch.

发表时间 Wed 15 Dec 21 @ 3:32 am
The lever is not exactly an "on/off" switch.
Technically it's defined as slider.
And as you move the lever, the firmware of the device may send different values on "middle" position/click depending on the velocity of the lever.

So, to answer the previous question the correct script would be:

param_multiply 0.5 & param_add 0.5 & effect_slider 'vst used' 44

发表时间 Wed 15 Dec 21 @ 8:06 am
PhantomDeejay wrote :
The lever is not exactly an "on/off" switch.
Technically it's defined as slider.
And as you move the lever, the firmware of the device may send different values on "middle" position/click depending on the velocity of the lever.

So, to answer the previous question the correct script would be:

param_multiply 0.5 & param_add 0.5 & effect_slider 'vst used' 44

I apologize for the delay in replying but I have not had an internet connection for two days in my area.

Correct, the lever of the RZX works with 3 different midi parameters based on the pressure level. Thanks to your advice I was able to do some tests, the command that allows you to interact better with the vst is this:

param_multiply 1.1 & effect_slider 'rmx-1000' 44

In this way the releasefx lever of the RZX dialogues perfectly with the lever of the rmx-1000 and the result is really excellent. I was also able to edit the XML file of the screens, in this way I can select the releasefx of the rmx-1000 (Vinyl Brake, Echo, Back Spin) as I selected the releasefx of virtual DJ by touching the button on the RZX screen.

The only thing that remains to have and the perfect functioning are the 3 leds of the lever, I have done some tests but I have not yet been able to make them work correctly all three (I only managed for two), the original controls were these:

LED_FX_RELASE_TOP
effect_active 'releasefx'? param_bigger 0.25 effect_releaseslider: off

LED_FX_RELEASE_MIDDLE
effect_active 'releasefx'? param_bigger 0.4 effect_releaseslider

LED_FX_RELEASE_BOTTON
effect_active 'releasefx'? param_bigger 0.75 effect_releaseslider: off

Could you give me some advice on how to map them?

Thanks always for everything PhantomDeejay

发表时间 Fri 17 Dec 21 @ 9:47 pm
Cool Angel D.J. wrote :

The only thing that remains to have and the perfect functioning are the 3 leds of the lever, I have done some tests but I have not yet been able to make them work correctly all three (I only managed for two), the original controls were these:

LED_FX_RELASE_TOP
LED_FX_RELEASE_MIDDLE
LED_FX_RELEASE_BOTTON

My guess would be:
LED_FX_RELEASE_TOP

effect_slider 'rmx-1000' 44 & param_bigger 0.2 ? on : off

LED_FX_RELEASE_MIDDLE

effect_slider 'rmx-1000' 44 & param_bigger 0.54 ? on : off

LED_FX_RELEASE_BOTTOM

effect_slider 'rmx-1000' 44 & param_bigger 0.9 ? on : off

发表时间 Sun 19 Dec 21 @ 3:39 pm
PhantomDeejay wrote :
Cool Angel D.J. wrote :

LED_FX_RELASE_TOP
LED_FX_RELEASE_MIDDLE
LED_FX_RELEASE_BOTTON

My guess would be:
LED_FX_RELEASE_TOP

LED_FX_RELEASE_MIDDLE

LED_FX_RELEASE_BOTTOM

Thanks, I'll try as soon as possible and I'll tell you the result!

发表时间 Sun 19 Dec 21 @ 6:23 pm
PhantomDeejay wrote :
Cool Angel D.J. wrote :

LED_FX_RELASE_TOP
LED_FX_RELEASE_MIDDLE
LED_FX_RELEASE_BOTTON

My guess would be:
LED_FX_RELEASE_TOP

LED_FX_RELEASE_MIDDLE

LED_FX_RELEASE_BOTTOM

It works perfectly, with the help of the vst the release FX in RZX are now wonderful!
Thanks for your advice PhantomDeeJay

发表时间 Wed 22 Dec 21 @ 2:45 am
PhantomDeejay, I wanted to add a note that maybe can help:

Doing the various tests I noticed that the original RZX releasefx have problems also because the physical lever of the RZX when released and should return to 0, for Virtual DJ it does not always return to 0, it often remains enchanted on small higher values, in this way the releasefx are enchanted. When this happens just touch and push the lever upwards as if to force the value 0 and then the releasefx unlocks. It seems that the sensitivity of the Virtual DJ action is not perfect and I think it is the same problem that happens with the equalizer on the stems which, turning the relative knob all the way to the right does not make the panel created in the new live skin appear (turning it all to left works fine and the panel is visible). This problem only happens with connected controllers, if you use the mouse or trackpad directly on the Virtual DJ skin it works well, I had reported to the Italian assistance, I don't know if you are aware of it but, if you want to do some tests and that that I told you can help you could possibly solve two problems.

Thanks again.

发表时间 Wed 22 Dec 21 @ 11:16 am
We are familiar with the RZX "return back" issue.
If you do a lot of tests you'll see that you end up getting values all over the place depending mostly on the velocity of the lever.
That's why it was somewhat "hard" for us to program this lever sufficiently.
If the lever was always sending 0, or let's say a value smaller than 0.1 every time it returned back, it would be easy to "fix".
However from our tests on 2 different units the values seem to be anywhere from almost 20% (0.2) to 0.
So, we had to make a "cut off" estimation at around 10% I think.

In other words:
The MIDI messages send from the lever may work fine with Pioneer's own effects at Rekordbox, but from a technical standpoint are a real mess and painful to resolve for any other MIDI compatible software.
When we mapped the device we hoped that a firmware update would solve the issue as it's not common (especially for Pioneer) to have controls that may send different values on the exact same spot every time you use them.
However this was not the case. Maybe because the unit was not as popular as Pioneer would like it to be.
Anyway, there's nothing VirtualDJ can do to improve the lever's behavior.
At best, you could probably make a software cut-off on your mapping.
param_smaller 0.1 ? effect_slider 'rmx-1000' 44 0 : param_multiply 1.1 & effect_slider 'rmx-1000' 44

With this code you turn the effect slider to 0 for all values lower than 10%.
Mind you though that you loose the 0-10% range of the effect. Which given what the lever is used for should not matter much I believe. But still you should be aware of it.

发表时间 Wed 22 Dec 21 @ 11:44 am
PhantomDeejay wrote :
We are familiar with the RZX "return back" issue.
If you do a lot of tests you'll see that you end up getting values all over the place depending mostly on the velocity of the lever.
That's why it was somewhat "hard" for us to program this lever sufficiently.
If the lever was always sending 0, or let's say a value smaller than 0.1 every time it returned back, it would be easy to "fix".
However from our tests on 2 different units the values seem to be anywhere from almost 20% (0.2) to 0.
So, we had to make a "cut off" estimation at around 10% I think.

In other words:
The MIDI messages send from the lever may work fine with Pioneer's own effects at Rekordbox, but from a technical standpoint are a real mess and painful to resolve for any other MIDI compatible software.
When we mapped the device we hoped that a firmware update would solve the issue as it's not common (especially for Pioneer) to have controls that may send different values on the exact same spot every time you use them.
However this was not the case. Maybe because the unit was not as popular as Pioneer would like it to be.
Anyway, there's nothing VirtualDJ can do to improve the lever's behavior.
At best, you could probably make a software cut-off on your mapping.
param_smaller 0.1 ? effect_slider 'rmx-1000' 44 0 : param_multiply 1.1 & effect_slider 'rmx-1000' 44

With this code you turn the effect slider to 0 for all values lower than 10%.
Mind you though that you loose the 0-10% range of the effect. Which given what the lever is used for should not matter much I believe. But still you should be aware of it.

No, I'm sorry, maybe I explained myself badly because of the google translator which doesn't always help. :-)

I wrote this note because I was not aware of the PIoneer firmware problem ... in fact the RZX is a fantastic but particular and also expensive machine that perhaps did not sell as PIoneer expected, however it is a real shame that a sign to fix this.
Having said that the lever with the VST of the RMX-1000 works perfectly does not have the problem of the non-zero value. All three effects in all three pressure levels work perfectly and correctly it's really nice to use them especially because it doesn't stop the deck in play .. in short it works as if you were using rekordbox, it was a great solution to remap like this.

So I ask you, since for the RZX lever problem depends on the signature software, the same is true for the stem equalizers? The problem I wrote before is present with any controller I connect to the pc, personally I have tried: Wego, SX2 and RZX and I have tried two Macbook Pro and a Win 10 pc. What do you think could be the problem that prevents the panel from being displayed ? If it is clearer to you, I can send you the video via We Transfer to your email

Thanks again.

发表时间 Wed 22 Dec 21 @ 1:44 pm
Cool Angel D.J. wrote :
So I ask you, since for the RZX lever problem depends on the signature software, the same is true for the stem equalizers?

The RZX lever issue does not depend on the software. It's just how you use the lever on software/mapping level that makes a difference.
In other words, when the lever returns to 0.05 (5%) instead of 0% as an example, your VST effect (or the corresponding effect on Rekordbox DJ) may still be "bleeding" some sound on your mix. Yes, it may almost be inaudible, but that doesn't mean that it's not present, or that the effect is not using any CPU. On the contrary, you have an effect using some CPU all the time without actually being needed.

Anyway, let's keep on...

There are no known issues with EQ knobs and their MIDI messages with RZX.
Also, as soon as the knob controls the software it's not a MIDI / controller orientated issue.

Cool Angel D.J. wrote :
The problem I wrote before is present with any controller I connect to the pc, personally I have tried: Wego, SX2 and RZX and I have tried two Macbook Pro and a Win 10 pc. What do you think could be the problem that prevents the panel from being displayed ? If it is clearer to you, I can send you the video via We Transfer to your email

Thanks again.

I don't know and I'll have to investigate. I didn't explore the code of the Live skin to see what conditions it uses in order to display panels.
But from your description it seems like a generic issue/bug. And if that's true it will have nothing to do with the "sensitivity" (as meant by you) of the MIDI knobs reading.
So, I will take a look myself, and will also reach the guy who's responsible for the Live skin to take a look as well.
In the meanwhile if you can provide (at least for me) a video with the issue in question it would help to better understand what I need to look after for.

发表时间 Wed 22 Dec 21 @ 2:10 pm
PhantomDeejay wrote :
Cool Angel D.J. wrote :
So I ask you, since for the RZX lever problem depends on the signature software, the same is true for the stem equalizers?

The RZX lever issue does not depend on the software. It's just how you use the lever on software/mapping level that makes a difference.
In other words, when the lever returns to 0.05 (5%) instead of 0% as an example, your VST effect (or the corresponding effect on Rekordbox DJ) may still be "bleeding" some sound on your mix. Yes, it may almost be inaudible, but that doesn't mean that it's not present, or that the effect is not using any CPU. On the contrary, you have an effect using some CPU all the time without actually being needed.

Anyway, let's keep on...

There are no known issues with EQ knobs and their MIDI messages with RZX.
Also, as soon as the knob controls the software it's not a MIDI / controller orientated issue.

Cool Angel D.J. wrote :
The problem I wrote before is present with any controller I connect to the pc, personally I have tried: Wego, SX2 and RZX and I have tried two Macbook Pro and a Win 10 pc. What do you think could be the problem that prevents the panel from being displayed ? If it is clearer to you, I can send you the video via We Transfer to your email

Thanks again.

I don't know and I'll have to investigate. I didn't explore the code of the Live skin to see what conditions it uses in order to display panels.
But from your description it seems like a generic issue/bug. And if that's true it will have nothing to do with the "sensitivity" (as meant by you) of the MIDI knobs reading.
So, I will take a look myself, and will also reach the guy who's responsible for the Live skin to take a look as well.
In the meanwhile if you can provide (at least for me) a video with the issue in question it would help to better understand what I need to look after for.

Yes, of course the VSTs definitely load on the cpu but despite my two macbooks are very dated (Late 2011) with the 17 '' quadcore I can still work in video while always keeping an RMX-1000 and a RMX-500 deck 1 and a RMX-1000 and a RMX-500 deck 2 without having any slowdown even in long-running shows, with the 15 '' dual core I have not tried very long with four RMX but I am sure that two keeps them without problems and for this reason I had the idea of mapping the RMX-1000 instead of the original releasefx and always keeping 2 RMX-1000s lit in the custom buttons of decks 1 and 2, an experiment that seems to have worked very well.

Of course I am attaching the video and I will give you a better explanation via email, I think it is Rune who takes care of the Live Skins but I do not have his email so I send it to you and I always thank you for your availability.

发表时间 Wed 22 Dec 21 @ 2:47 pm
bmac16PRO InfinityMember since 2005
I just purchased an RZX. It looks like for the most part the release fx work with the script in this chain. Where do I put the script to fix the issues with the release FX on the RZX?

Thanks

发表时间 Thu 31 Mar 22 @ 7:21 pm