快速登录:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

话题: Pioneer DDJ-RZX Various problems - Page: 1

由于该帖子的部分内容已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

Hello everyone, I had already made months ago some reports to the Italian assistance, sending videos also comparative with the original software rekordbox. I have had the DDJ-RZX for a few months and in using it with virtual DJ I have noticed several problems that I try to explain.

Internal mixer mode:

1) The color FX Filter often does not activate, you must switch from another active FX color to the Filter without turning off the buttons to activate it, if active, turning off the button does not deactivate and turning the knob always acts. Having reported the problem, a change was made in the map in a new build of Virtual DJ which, however, from this problem, before this change with the old command worked well but did not move the knob of the skin when it was used.

2) FX releases are practically unusable, they should work in briefs as on rekordbox but this does not happen (only the backspin has been fixed at the first pressure level of the lever), often the effects crash and do not end the action in a way correct, there would be a lot of inconvenience if they were used during a party, also in some of them the second level of lever pressure does not work.

3) When using the effects it seems that the volume of the effect used is louder than the song being played and often the VU Meters go into clips and then return to normal as soon as the effect is deactivated

4) The Vu meters both in peak setting and in power setting have an anomalous behavior, seem sensitive to low frequencies, when you remove the bass from a song they disappear from the mixer unless the gains are raised but in this way they would go in peak.

5) the master output seems a little too low.

I also own a DDJ-SX2 which, you know, works only in the internal mixer, with the same computer I don't have any of the listed problems, everything works perfectly.

External mixer mode:

1) Color FX work perfectly because they are hardware affects in this case.

2) FX releaze not usable as in internal mixer mode.

3) When effects are applied, their volume compared to the song being played appears to be more balanced than when used in internal mixer mode.

4) The Vu meters behave correctly

5) The audio output is much lower than the internal mixer mode, to have a decent volume the master knob must be set at 3/4 of its stroke and the gains of the individual channels must also be raised a lot.

I have all the videos of the problems even comparative with rekordbox, if those who deal with RZX need these videos I will be happy to send them, I hope to receive your help soon, it is really a shame not to be able to take full advantage of this wonderful machine with our beloved software.

I make one last report, from several previous builds there is a problem with the live skin video. All the controls that are pressed appear and disappear normally when using the various buttons but, if any equalizer knob is touched, it remains locked and always visible for a long time, it disappears randomly but as soon as it is touched again an Eq knob reappears and it does not disappear even when the knobs are not touched (this applies to any deck in use). I tried with three different controllers and the problem is always present, I tried again with a much older version of Virtual DJ the problem is not present.

Thank you all for your attention and sorry for my long post and my bad English.

发表时间 Sat 01 Aug 20 @ 7:32 pm
I have been able to use the Controller with different audio systems, I confirm that it has a much lower master out than the SX2.

发表时间 Tue 04 Aug 20 @ 11:25 pm
Can anyone on our team help me?

发表时间 Tue 04 Aug 20 @ 11:28 pm
I can confirm the low master volume. Ive reported that the sandmox mode is much louder. They promised to me to solve it at the next release:

https://www.virtualdj.com/forums/235842/VirtualDJ_Technical_Support/_bug_report__When_entering_Sandbox_mode__the_master_output_becomes_louder.html

I can confirm the bad LED behavior. If a song is going to 60% of the led scale, and i will increase just a little bit with the gain encoder, the song ist going to over 100%. Its really hard to gain it to 90% of the scale. If you rotate the encoder just a little bit, there is just a small difference on the volume (what you hear), but a very big difference on the led scale (what you see), much more then on all other controllers.

发表时间 Wed 05 Aug 20 @ 12:24 am
VDJ Monty wrote :
I can confirm the low master volume. Ive reported that the sandmox mode is much louder. They promised to me to solve it at the next release:

https://www.virtualdj.com/forums/235842/VirtualDJ_Technical_Support/_bug_report__When_entering_Sandbox_mode__the_master_output_becomes_louder.html

I can confirm the bad LED behavior. If a song is going to 60% of the led scale, and i will increase just a little bit with the gain encoder, the song ist going to over 100%. Its really hard to gain it to 90% of the scale. If you rotate the encoder just a little bit, there is just a small difference on the volume (what you hear), but a very big difference on the led scale (what you see), much more then on all other controllers.

Thanks for your information, it's good news. I confirm everything you wrote but also have the same problems I described with the color FX and release FX ?, I hope that our team has taken into consideration my videos (also those of comparison with rekordbox) to solve the other problems of the RZX, a warm greeting

发表时间 Wed 05 Aug 20 @ 9:03 am
Do you mean the Video Effect "Colorize"? This works well at my installation.

发表时间 Wed 05 Aug 20 @ 7:13 pm
No, I mean the release FX that are selected from the display of the relevant deck and activated with the levers at two pressure levels next to the effect knobs. Could it be that you didn't know about this feature?

发表时间 Wed 05 Aug 20 @ 7:20 pm
No, i mean this:
Quote :
1) The color FX Filter often does not activate

发表时间 Wed 05 Aug 20 @ 10:20 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Do you have the problem with release fx with any specific effects?

发表时间 Thu 06 Aug 20 @ 6:52 am
These are real problems already taken into consideration by the assistance, only that at the moment, after months, they have not yet been resolved. They are problems are of VDJ because with rekordbox everything works perfectly. I see to upload the videos that I sent to youtube for assistance and then link them here in order to make them known to everyone.

发表时间 Thu 06 Aug 20 @ 10:43 am

发表时间 Thu 06 Aug 20 @ 12:11 pm
Adion wrote :
Do you have the problem with release fx with any specific effects?

Hi Adion, with all three release effects (Backspin, Loop Out and Brake Start). I added the video links if they can help, as you can see the effects behave in a strange way with VDJ in fact I purposely put the comparison with rekordbox to help understand. Sometimes they don't activate, other times we stop the song (they should all work in slip mode) and even the second level of lever pressure often doesn't work. While for the FX color filter a change had already been made after my report. With the first command of the first original mapping of the RZX the filter activated, deactivated and worked correctly but the knob on the VDJ skin did not move. After the report, the command was modified with only the word "filter" and in this case it behaves as in the video I have attached. Thanks for your attention

发表时间 Thu 06 Aug 20 @ 12:35 pm
Has any of our great team had the opportunity to view the video links I attached? Thank you

发表时间 Mon 10 Aug 20 @ 9:11 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Yes, we will further check the issues and provide a fix

发表时间 Mon 10 Aug 20 @ 9:37 am
Adion wrote :
Yes, we will further check the issues and provide a fix

Thanks Adion, I am very confident in your work! If you need the other videos regarding the VU Meter and the Live skin problem (even if it is not just about the RZX but VDJ in general) please ask and I will provide you with the links. A greeting

发表时间 Mon 10 Aug 20 @ 9:43 am
I add video link of the problem to the VU meters in internal mixer mode, I take this opportunity to make it present that the RZX output volume is lower than any other controller, to get to the volume level I have with the SX2, with the RZX I have to turn up the gain of the individual channels and masters up to a permanent clip_

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oze16U1kmY8

Summing up:

Internal mixer mode very low volume compared to other controllers and VU meters malfunction.

External mixer mode: much lower volume than internal mode but the VU meters work correctly.

发表时间 Wed 12 Aug 20 @ 6:55 pm
I have the same problems with mine RZX. hope VirtualDJ team will resolve them!!!! Only one thing. Cant find in extensions the screen plugin

发表时间 Sat 14 Nov 20 @ 6:57 am
Omar121978 wrote :
Cant find in extensions the screen plugin

It's not listed, because it's an automatic download when the controller is detected by VDJ.

发表时间 Sat 14 Nov 20 @ 11:03 am
Hi! Have the same problems with color fx. but another one. with last release, pressing Long time for menu in display, display is not shown on Rzx screens. Have you the same problems?

发表时间 Tue 24 Nov 20 @ 10:20 pm
I resume my post because unfortunately despite the various Virtual DJ updates, the problems with the RZX have not been solved.

1) Low master output
2) Releases FX unusable
3) Color FX that clip the channel leds as soon as they are activated, coof Filter FX that has mapping problems and the Reverb FX stops as soon as the ColorFX knob is moved

I knew support was working to fix this but I have not heard from again. If whoever takes care of it wants to contact me directly, I can provide all the details of the malfunctions via email.

I hope for a solution in the short term.

Thanks

发表时间 Sun 03 Jan 21 @ 12:56 pm
61%