快速登录:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

话题: v8.5-64 b6042 breaks LPD8 Driver and Mappings

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

DJ HeyePRO InfinityMember since 2017
The latest VDJ version (8.5-64 b6042) breaks my Akai LPD8 (driver) mappings.

Before i had the possibility to use all 4 sets of PADS.
Now it resets, and i have only 1 set.

发表时间 Sun 26 Jul 20 @ 6:22 am
I can't figure it out either. The LPD8 gets detected when VDJ starts, and the on screen pads display a stems 2 deck mode, but I couldn't get the LPD8 to trigger anything at all.

Despite the hardware being detected, on the mapping page in config, the LPD8 mapping is not selected. When selected, the only choice is Stems Dual Deck Mode.

Selecting that stems pad page, the LPD8 pads don't affect anything. The mapping config page shows no MIDI response when the LPD8 is used. Other controllers show activity there.

Now I've just used my mouse to click on a pad (on the skin) and VDJ has frozen. Restart VDJ and it's not seeing my database.

The description text at the bottom right side of the mapping page is wrong too. It talks about "the ith pad" no matter what you select.

The info button (top right) leads to a dead page - no manual.

发表时间 Sun 26 Jul 20 @ 8:11 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
@DJ Heye
I suppose you have a definition file in /Devices folder for the AKAI LPD8. If so, you can rename it as .. force-WhateverName.xml and then your previous custom mapping should work again.

We will check and update the default files to include the missing keys.

发表时间 Sun 26 Jul 20 @ 11:06 am
DJ HeyePRO InfinityMember since 2017
djdad wrote :
@DJ Heye
I suppose you have a definition file in /Devices folder for the AKAI LPD8. If so, you can rename it as .. force-WhateverName.xml and then your previous custom mapping should work again.

I renamed the D:\Users\MCX8000\Documents\VirtualDJ\Devices\Akai LPD8.xml folder to force-Akai LPD8.xml

I left the D:\Users\MCX8000\Documents\VirtualDJ\Mappers\Akai LPD8.xml the same.

Restarted VDJ, that did the trick.

发表时间 Sun 26 Jul 20 @ 3:01 pm
I'm not using any custom mapping, but my LPD8 doesn't work.

VDJ detects it, but no data is registering in the mapping window when I use it.

发表时间 Sun 26 Jul 20 @ 3:19 pm
Make sure it’s set to pads. Works for me.

It’s only a basic mapping at the moment. And is dedicated to stems.

发表时间 Sun 26 Jul 20 @ 3:30 pm
Make sure what is set to pads? The skin defaulted to show the stems 2 deck pad page, but nothing I did on the LPD8 changed anything.

Only later I noticed it didn't seem to be sending any data. If I plug in another controller, I see data in the mapping window.

If I go back to an earlier VDJ I can also see data - from the LPD8. Just not in the current version.

发表时间 Sun 26 Jul 20 @ 3:49 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Maybe you are not using the default preset for the LPD8?

发表时间 Sun 26 Jul 20 @ 4:37 pm
I'm using the mapping that says Akai LPD8...

If I start VDJ without the LPD8 connected, then plug it in, I get a detection popup, then the mapping is shown as Akai LPD8.

发表时间 Sun 26 Jul 20 @ 4:47 pm
I mean the preset in the LPD8 editor

发表时间 Sun 26 Jul 20 @ 4:54 pm
What, the Akai software?

OK I just sent all the presets back to the LPD8, and now it works. So why did it work in an earlier build but not in this one?

I notice VDJ is not showing me a dedicated pad page menu for it now. It was before I reset the LPD8.

发表时间 Sun 26 Jul 20 @ 5:24 pm

发表时间 Sun 26 Jul 20 @ 5:38 pm
I noticed the sliders are off by 1. They are number 0 through 7 in the Akai default preset but they are number 1 through 8 in the VDJ mapping, so you will need to adjust that.

发表时间 Thu 20 Aug 20 @ 9:51 am
chreddyPRO InfinityMember since 2009
I'm having the exact same issue with my LPD8 and the most recent update of VDJ. At least it still seems to work with VDJ 2018 (v8.4 b5874), but obviously I'd like for it to work with the newest version as well.
I've been using these mappers for years, and these have literally never caused any issues for me: https://www.virtualdj.com/addons/10154/Akai_Lpd8_Def___Mapper.html
And I'd like to keep using these or something very similar, otherwise it seems to me like I'm unable to use the knobs (which is probably what I use the most).

I tried renaming \Documents\VirtualDJ\Devices\Akai Lpd8.xml to force-Akai Lpd8.xml, but somehow this doesn't seem to do any difference. Tried the same for the mapper files, but no change here either. Shouldn't this work though?

发表时间 Sat 22 Aug 20 @ 7:09 pm

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)