快速登录:  

Forum: General Discussion

话题: BrowserColumns Fix Width

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

Hi,
I would like to have FIXED WIDTH for some columns in the browser (e.g. BPM, Length, Gendre, Key, User1, etc.) that ALWAYS appear FIXED.
When the window size is changed, THESE columns remain as specified, only the remaining columns adjust proportionally.
Is there any programming that fixes a part of the 'browserColumns' to FIXED values?

发表时间 Wed 08 Jul 20 @ 11:13 pm
When you resize the window?
Should stay same (relatively).

But perhaps you mean if you open side view?
Would be a bit strange then perhaps, since that would imply the sideview would be "over" the regular browser view, and hide its columns

发表时间 Fri 17 Jul 20 @ 8:05 pm
Hi, thank you for answering
My wish is that I can fix the WIDTH of some columns (e.g. of BPM/GENRE/RATING/LENGTH/KEY), so that also the TOTAL information of these columns is ALWAYS completely visible, as far as the current width of the window allows it.
All other columns will then move/reduce/enlarge proportionally.

发表时间 Sat 18 Jul 20 @ 7:58 pm
Yes, I can understand what you're asking. I agree that it can be annoying to have a column compress when adjusting another column.

For example I like to have just the Camelot key visible in the browser, not the ticks. The way that the data switches around based on column width means that often if I've just moved something else then I need to go back and move the key column to show just the key again.

发表时间 Sat 18 Jul 20 @ 8:17 pm
I understand what your asking. The issue will be is what columns should be locked in terms of width. You’ve suggested some, others might want title, other artist.

Before you know it everything could be locked then people will wonder why the side view won’t open (because there isn’t the space to open it).

But I can see the benefit. Just unsure as to the how. Be up to the dev team to decide whether it’s possible and workable.

发表时间 Sat 18 Jul 20 @ 8:20 pm
NicotuxHome userMember since 2014
+1
In one word : that's a request for a "standard" browser

Resizable Tree, resizable columns set (fixed columns size and variable global display area, right ones/part possibly hidden), sideview/info/tips/add/fxgui possibly overlapping columns pan, and a bottom slider

something in the style of "Windows explorer", "task manager", and any other app using list views in any OS

and by the way, detach instances (opening a second browser not affecting the first one)
not same folder/files, not same effect guis, not same sideview,...

发表时间 Sun 19 Jul 20 @ 8:07 am
With a sliding out sideview., sampler etc, not sure it would be "better" to be rigid column width ;-)
Can see what you mean, but at least me I probably would prefer to see all columns as I move sideview in and out, and the width adapt dynamically :) (as it currently does)

发表时间 Sun 19 Jul 20 @ 4:36 pm
Hi,
I read that I'm not alone in this.
Well, in my opinion "The function" could be realized in such a way that "as before the width of the column is set" and then "by right-clicking on the column header a FIX-PIN is activated" - thus the width of the column selected by the USER is fixed. He can change this again at any time.
So the program development only needs to "override automatic adjustment by mouse click".
The thing with the "progress bar" at the base of the browser window is a FINE ADDITION.

Hope that the FULL display of "PATH-ADRESS" will be possible then (currently always a difficult sliding of the column boundaries - and in the INFO area it is not displayed properly - this jumps quite strongly when the width is changed).

发表时间 Sun 19 Jul 20 @ 8:50 pm

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)