快速登录:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

话题: Trouble using VDJ with multiple screens

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

With all the amazing things I've found that VDJ can do (already, plus what I can actually do to tweak things to my liking), and then writing something like a 5-page synopsis and thank you to the community for "building" such an amazing and capable product, I find it INCREDIBLY frustrating trying to deal with this system on multiple screens. I typically have at least two (one is my 2019 16" MacBookPro Catalina, and the standard second is just a standard ~32" TV that helps me see all the details on the crowded operation screen without reading glasses. I keep my Mac for things like notes on what songs have been or should be played, and often even keep a separated browser window for song searching that doesn't interrupt the operation screen (6 virtual decks run by one Denon SC5000 deck through a Pioneer DJM-750MK2 mixer (with pad + phone remotes as well).

Screen/window management is, to put it mildly, pathetic. I can find no way to decide which screen to PLACE and KEEP the VDJ components on.. they don't seem to want to me on one display, but sometimes they don't want to seem to move. When they do move, they don't adapt to the resolution of the other displays like most other programs do without thinking... Sometimes they become so tiny you can't even see the window control buttons (and a "THANKS" TO ALL FOR DECIDING ON A SKIN-BY-SKIN BASIS WHICH TOP COERNER WAS GOING TO BE USED FOR THAT... A LITTLE COMMON SENSE CONSISTENCY WOULD HAVE BEEN NICE THERE...). Sometimes the component gets so large that you literally have nothing to grab it from and move it to attempt a manual resize... and they certainly don't seem to like to be resized the "normal" way (edges or diagonals). Then there are the fit tones where they do a just-above-mini size , but also cutting off like 2/3 of the element - making it impossible to handle... Restarting and/or rebooting (sometimes a couple times) is typically needed to fix it. I've even gotte MooM for the MacBook, since I heard it could "contain" things, but that doesn't see, to work,... s

Now that I'm trying to add video and get read for streaming, I'm using a third display, managed by AirPlay/AppleTV - only for "Main"
video display, so I want... but then things like crazy-sized POI editors show up there, when called from one screen, then the menu (or at least part of it, and of course in a drastically different scale, can show up one the third screen... l'm getting whiplash looking around my space to see where things are appearing, and taking my glasses off and on so many times because of all the size shifting.

I can't be the only one dealing with this in a system that is meant to be used with videos and kareoke. can someone help me quickly? I really want to keep my high praise for this system, but when such a basic function seems to be difficult, it doesn't sit well with this DJ guy who is also a 25+ year experienced engineer...

Thanks
Bernie Meenan. Pro license
Feel free to direct message or call if it's easier - not sure if that's ok here or not (sorry if not) - but it does seem that other community pages on here encourage you to contact local users - I know my pin is on the map right on top of my house on that page!

发表时间 Wed 10 Jun 20 @ 8:52 am

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)