快速登录:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

话题: renaming..renaming stuck in endless loop - Page: 1

由于该帖子的部分内容已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

hi I never got notification of my last posts a while ago for the renaming issue and its still doing it
least with the latest fixes where I helped that it wasn't displaying it over with the mouse over the renaming renaming.. but t does
and its stuck in endless loop... I didn't wanna delete my folders etc..and I tried database fix.. but is there a virtual folders repair.. to fix any glitches errors it may have

发表时间 Sat 06 Jun 20 @ 1:11 am
and I only noticed this issue as I changed my drive letter to X: instead of E: and then I seen this loop stuck

发表时间 Sat 06 Jun 20 @ 2:24 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
So both of these files don't exist at this location and they are actually on drive X now?

发表时间 Sat 06 Jun 20 @ 4:48 am
yes both files both exist in same location... I never changed anything all I did was change E: to X: so I didn't have conflicts when I plugged a hard drive in my computer... and when I was adding new music from my subscription when I added to a folder don't remember what one.. it started renaming.renaming.. and it stuck in that loop

so I dunno when I transisitioned from vdj7 to 8 it glitched or not.. as I remember vd7 sometimes crashed.. but also v8 crashed at times too where I forced the X to close program or end task

so don't know.. but ya both files are located in those directories but are now at X:\<same directories> as E:\<....>

发表时间 Sat 06 Jun 20 @ 11:47 am
and how do I get email notifications that there is a reply.. unless I keep this message open in my browswer I forget if I reboot etc and doesn't come back.. and I forget the topic … is there a button I need to click to get email notifications

发表时间 Sat 06 Jun 20 @ 12:01 pm
It's a bell icon when you post.

发表时间 Sat 06 Jun 20 @ 12:11 pm
It would be helpful if there was a label next to the icon, telling users what it's for. Even better if the bell could be put next to the save button for example, or if there was a popup asking if you want to monitor the topic after you've posted.

发表时间 Sat 06 Jun 20 @ 12:44 pm
ah ok ya I see the bell I never noticed it before... when you mentioned I clicked it.. be nice when you post there button that says "NOTIFY" or words similar a check box so its auto... or heck.. Auto Notify is turned on .. just check it off when you don't want it.. because when you write a post you want notifications.. as on other forums im used to auto notifications you write a post and you hope to hear a reply not look for it lol.. but that's my opinion anyways

but I got it turned on now.. as I lost my old posts...

so least I got notify on.. 1 problem fixed next issue need fixing lol

发表时间 Sat 06 Jun 20 @ 2:39 pm

发表时间 Sat 06 Jun 20 @ 4:10 pm
oh ok thanks.. that's cool I couldn't find anything like that I tried... as "my posts" only list 4 posts the link you sent showed up a lot of posts I had.. as I couldn't find that that's great...

least I know that.. I didn't see a my topics in any of the sub headings unless it was there and I missed it lol...

2 fixs now the damn renaming loop issues.. I appreciate all the help so far least I know how to see old posts and notification thing

发表时间 Sat 06 Jun 20 @ 4:20 pm

;-)

发表时间 Sat 06 Jun 20 @ 4:25 pm
ah ic see I usually just hit Community and Tech Support or General.. I see how to get Posts and Topics right side I had to click Virtual DJ Forums then that popped up

learn something new everyday lol... now only if I could learn how to fix my virtual folder renaming issue gonna try something tomorrow use 2nd hard drive maybe if I have 2 hard drives E: and the X: and move in Virtual DJ from E: to X: if it fix the renaming.,renaming endless loop its stuck in

发表时间 Sat 06 Jun 20 @ 4:45 pm
so I have currently moved E:\ to X:\ a new drive in virtual DJ to try to fix the endless loop..
I still have isses with missing folders

but I did notice one issue.. if you have File Folders
so Folders/2019/Hip Hop

when doing the move in Windows it doesn't delete the old folders.. it still leaves them there.. so I currently going through all my folders in documents to see for any vdj files left but figured vdj would erase the empty folders in the documents virtual dj folder when creating them on the X: drive

发表时间 Tue 09 Jun 20 @ 2:21 pm
also is there a way.. as now when I did the move its founded like 6800 dead links when using the missing file location option when I highlight all

is there an Auto mode. with Auto Skip if it cant find the file?
currently I put a weight on the ENTER key to goto the next one... but if it cant find the file it sticks in endless loop beeping at me. as it cant find that file..

any way to auto search be nice to autosearch all the folders
once all this is finally done my database be much better lol
all happens because VDJ renaming folders files is a pain in the butt so reason I rename in Windows File Explorer or use Tag and Rename.. but seems to be do all this before you add to VDJ as its a headache afterwards

发表时间 Tue 09 Jun 20 @ 2:30 pm
so after closing Virtual DJ and reloading it it seemed to find th 5900 of the 6800k I guess and fixed
but its stuck in that Endless loop it just found a new file

so its moving from E: to E: but its not renaming to X: for some reason
as the Database and the Move I did inside Virtual DJ E: to X: as it took 24 hours to move it... so it should say X: but dunno why its E: to E: not E: to X: so still endless loop

also noticed maybe a glitch? it says there are dead links as im going into each virtual Folder too now... and I have Exisit on so I can sort by Yes or blank for no
if I right click to choose Search for a missing file.. it populates with Yes so its saying dead link yet its not.. as each time I reopen Virtual DJ it finds more Dead links then the previous time yet not dead..
so guess its just best to delete all old dead links it cant find proper and give up as it cant do what I want it to do and its still stuck.. which is frustrating me

发表时间 Tue 09 Jun 20 @ 2:39 pm
so I restarted virtual dj moved some files and re added to the search database..
it bypassd the endless loop above not sure if it comeing back its doing normal renaming E: to X: and add to db
so ill let it run a few hours maybe it fixes itself

but ill make sure to have the files renamed or in folders I want before I add to virtual dj .. as this is a headache to fix later lol

least its only files really from my v7 days and mostly I been properly naming I want things prior to loading loading in v8...

so ill probably just manually search each later

发表时间 Tue 09 Jun 20 @ 3:38 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Have you tried the new early access release? It might fix the issue

发表时间 Tue 09 Jun 20 @ 4:29 pm
I dunno how?

currently running v8.4-64 b5754

发表时间 Tue 09 Jun 20 @ 5:03 pm
how do I find early release?
and does it fix the 1 file at a time relocating missing files

it be great if you can highlight the 2000 or so missing files... it will do auto... it will relocate best it can do but not constantly prompt me but to auto find all the ones it can find so Im not trying to find one by one..

as I select a bunch and hold ENTER key down so it finds say 10 out of 100 I selected 11th one it cant find then boom cant do anymore I then rehighlight say the rest and hope it finds the rest

and will there be a search.. if relocate cant find the file name.. it finds a Similar name

say if I had "1. LMFAO - PARTY ROCK" and I renamed it to "LMFAO - PARTY ROCK" removing the "1." and so relocate cant find..
cant virtual dj find similar so then it renames "1, LMFAO....." to "LMFAO....."

发表时间 Tue 09 Jun 20 @ 5:24 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
DJ M.C. Pimpin wrote :
how do I find early release?

From VDJ Settings->OPTIONS tab, search for EarlyAccessUpdates, set to Yes and restart VDJ

发表时间 Tue 09 Jun 20 @ 5:31 pm
80%