快速登录:  

Forum: General Discussion

话题: volume normaliser

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

that issue was discussed many times in the past but during my last session i had to adjust GAIN very frequently during mixes. Many times the volume difference was substantial ,especially during Automix . Sometimes , adjusting the gain to match the volume of the other track took lights into red (and wasn't enough to match the volume) , especially between new and older recordings. Perhaps a Volume Normalizer shouldn't have to do ONLY with Gain. Maybe Gain (Loudness) should be different than Volume. Thanks

发表时间 Mon 01 Jun 20 @ 11:08 am
VirtualDJ does "replay gain" analysis, and it uses the average "loudness" of the entire track. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ReplayGain
It certainly does NOT normalize the tracks. Instead it tries to match their overall loudness.
However when you mix a "loud" outro with a soft "intro" there's no algorithm that can compensate the difference without having to alter the dynamics of the track(s) involved.

发表时间 Mon 01 Jun 20 @ 11:24 am
PS: Assuming that you have autoGain setting set to "auto", take your playlist from yesterday and try to scan the tracks again for gain. Do they still have this issue ?

发表时间 Mon 01 Jun 20 @ 11:25 am
I will do that, but from your explanation of ''loud outro'' and "'soft intro'' , i understood why VDJ doesn't simply introduce a Volume Normalizer. It would wrongly normalise based on '' soft intro"' so it would play the rest on an innapropriately high volume. Now , correctly ,by matching their overall average loudness makes sense. It's clear now. Thanks. P.S The rescaning for gain works the same for tracks in folders or do the tracks have to be in a playlist?

发表时间 Mon 01 Jun 20 @ 11:44 am
Works the same under any case (as it exams each track contained within a folder/playlist separately)

发表时间 Mon 01 Jun 20 @ 12:27 pm
Thanks.

发表时间 Mon 01 Jun 20 @ 12:29 pm

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)