快速登录:  

Forum: General Discussion

话题: VDJ Licenses

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

I understand that I either need VDJ PRO/Infinity or VDJ business in order to make money from preforming. However, I do have a few questions concerning licenses. I would also like to note that I use LE 8.

1: Can I use my current license to preform as a hobby without payment/tips?
2: I noticed that on my AsktheDJ setup page I can choose to receive tips, even though I only own LE 8. Is it okay to leave receiving tips on?
3: Is it only asked that I purchase a Pro/Infinity/Business licence to receive payment and tips? Or is it actually illegal to preform without the proper license?

Either way, I plan on upgrading my license to PRO Infinity. I'm mostly just asking out of curiosity and for others who may have the same questions as me.

Thank you,
Owen

发表时间 Tue 21 Apr 20 @ 4:59 pm
LE and Home is for home use only, and not professional gigs (meaning paid for dj work)
A dollar tip or two, I guess wont qualify as "professional gig" perhaps ..

(And if we see that someone mis-uses the tip feature, we can always disable it for LE license users ;-) )

The Pro license is required to perform as a working DJ, at paid for gigs.
This is part of the software EULA.

Since you already plan to get VirtualDJ PRO, the main benefit beyond that its for professional use, is that you can use any controller, and get all updates ;-)

发表时间 Tue 21 Apr 20 @ 7:30 pm
Okay, so just to be clear; basically I should be able to leave on the tips feature if I only choose to accept a few tips, and I reduce the amount options to about one or two dollars tops? Is it bad to use a real tip jar as well? And lastly, I still can preform for small parties or gatherings with my current license (for free/small tips)?

发表时间 Tue 21 Apr 20 @ 7:55 pm
Dweebis_ wrote :
Okay, so just to be clear; basically I should be able to leave on the tips feature if I only choose to accept a few tips, and I reduce the amount options to about one or two dollars tops? Is it bad to use a real tip jar as well? And lastly, I still can preform for small parties or gatherings with my current license (for free/small tips)?

Since you are a high-school student playing for free, a few small tips should be fine I guess ;-) Bit of a gray area perhaps.

Technically speaking you need a Pro license as soon as you are a working DJ, earning money from gigs.
A free gig for your friends at home party, isnt quite "earning money from gigs", even if you got a few tips, noone will come arrest you ;-)

But since you are planning to get the Pro license, I guess you might as well take the step soon ;-) that way you are for sure in the clear for earning on your sets

发表时间 Tue 21 Apr 20 @ 8:42 pm
Alright, I believe that answers all of my questions. If I think of any other questions, I'll be sure to ask. Thank you very much! Have a good day!

发表时间 Tue 21 Apr 20 @ 9:16 pm
Okay... so I just thought of another question...

So I noticed on the part of the website that you go to to buy VDJ Pro that there's a half-off discount for LE 8 users. Does that only count for the subscription version or is that also for PRO Infinity?

发表时间 Thu 23 Apr 20 @ 9:41 pm
Dweebis_ wrote :
Okay... so I just thought of another question...

So I noticed on the part of the website that you go to to buy VDJ Pro that there's a half-off discount for LE 8 users. Does that only count for the subscription version or is that also for PRO Infinity?

Thats subscription version only ;-)

发表时间 Thu 23 Apr 20 @ 10:07 pm
There is no serial number for VDJ 8. Just log in with your forum name and password.

发表时间 Fri 24 Jul 20 @ 9:17 am
groovindj wrote :
There is no serial number for VDJ 8. Just log in with your forum name and password.

@groovindj: most users nowadays don't have a forum name and password, they log in using facebook or google.

And as long as the facebook or google email matches the one used to buy the license, everything will work automatically.

发表时间 Fri 24 Jul 20 @ 1:54 pm
OK thanks Stephane. I will alter my responses accordingly. :-)

发表时间 Fri 24 Jul 20 @ 3:09 pm

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)