快速登录:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

话题: 2020.. first question - Page: 1

由于该帖子的部分内容已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

eq knobs on the interface. we could right click them in all previous versions - unable to in 2020 default
can manually drag with mouse to alter and double clicking centers them but unable to right click for fast kill
switching back to 8.3 skin returns full functionality.

edit

right clicking other knobs still works on master tab

发表时间 Sun 22 Sep 19 @ 12:57 pm
 Best Answer
DJ FORMAT wrote :

This guy gets the "point".......

发表时间 Thu 24 Oct 19 @ 11:12 am[ selected best answer by locoDog on Thu 24 Oct 19 @ 11:14 am ]
Confirmed - looks like right click on EQ knobs got removed. Probably considered a rarely used option, so killed off.

I notice the S D R buttons on the rhythmwave are gone now too. Did anyone ever use those? :-)

发表时间 Sun 22 Sep 19 @ 1:27 pm
nevermind

发表时间 Sun 22 Sep 19 @ 1:40 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
I never used them[ S,D,R buttons] I have one keyboard key to toggle, zoom in or out,.

zoom 36% ? zoom 75% : zoom 36%

发表时间 Sun 22 Sep 19 @ 1:40 pm
groovindj wrote :
Confirmed - looks like right click on EQ knobs got removed. Probably considered a rarely used option, so killed off.

I notice the S D R buttons on the rhythmwave are gone now too. Did anyone ever use those? :-)

not rarely used. I use them all the time. and they do work on master screen - remember - not everyone uses a controller or practices with one for some things

S D R... not so much. just dragged to a comfortable speed.

发表时间 Sun 22 Sep 19 @ 2:23 pm
How does this new version work with custom skins?

I have blocks currently on b5281, but if I load the new.exe it displays the new interface with the mega padding. I change it to blocks and when I go back in it defaults to the new skin.

Seems if you swap between the different versions it wipes the selected skin on the new version.

发表时间 Sun 22 Sep 19 @ 2:30 pm
not having that issue here ... changed it and on each load has the skin i picked not the default

I'm using windows 10 so if your on mac maybe its a mac issue?

发表时间 Sun 22 Sep 19 @ 2:32 pm
wildcountryclub wrote :
not rarely used. I use them all the time

I didn't say you rarely used it. I said that it was probably considered rarely used (by Atomix).

You know, like they decided to remove the Timeline feature before we even got to try it.

发表时间 Sun 22 Sep 19 @ 2:34 pm
I'm on Windows 10.

Have just recovered my backup to b5281 and wait a couple of weks to see how this pans out as this build didn't even go to early access.

发表时间 Sun 22 Sep 19 @ 2:39 pm
Confirmed what Keith said.

If I set VDJ 2020 (64 bit) to the Blocks skin, then close it & run my older 32 bit version of VDJ, when I swap back to VDJ 2020 again, the skin is reset to the default.

发表时间 Sun 22 Sep 19 @ 2:47 pm
didn't realize he was running 2 different versions so of course i didn't try that

发表时间 Sun 22 Sep 19 @ 2:53 pm
groovindj wrote :
If I set VDJ 2020 (64 bit) to the Blocks skin, then close it & run my older 32 bit version of VDJ, when I swap back to VDJ 2020 again, the skin is reset to the default.

Yes, that's exactly what's happening.

发表时间 Sun 22 Sep 19 @ 3:06 pm
wickedmix wrote :
didn't realize he was running 2 different versions so of course i didn't try that

kradcliffe wrote :
Seems if you swap between the different versions it wipes the selected skin on the new version.

发表时间 Sun 22 Sep 19 @ 3:24 pm
dcomoPRO InfinityMember since 2012
The S-D-R buttons are indeed removed from 2020. They were nearly never used and folks were asking for a clean, modern interface, so rarely used options and items were removed for simplicity.

发表时间 Sun 22 Sep 19 @ 7:15 pm
groovindj wrote :
Hm, I am one of those who use it a bit, and the code needed is minimal; I can't really see a good reason removing those features as the code takes about 6-700 bytes, and neither does it clutter the UI..

In any case, for those who would like it back, you can edit the skin you're using and add the following:

- Find the deck sections you're using: <group name="2ch_mix_deck1" ... deck2, etc.
- Within these sections there are the sliders for EQ high, mid and low deck -> group -> panel -> slider
- add this code for each slider inside the tags (<slider action="eq_* ... --somewhere here-- ... />:

The code for high is:
rightclick="eq_high 0% ? eq_high 50% : eq_high 0%"

for mid:
rightclick="eq_mid 0% ? eq_mid 50% : eq_mid 0%"

for low:
rightclick="eq_low 0% ? eq_low 50% : eq_low 0%"

You should end up with something like this (in each respective place, shown contracted as only three lines here):

<slider action="eq_high" dblclick="eq_high 50%" rightclick="eq_high 0% ? eq_high 50% : eq_high 0%" frommiddle="true"/>
<slider action="eq_mid" dblclick="eq_mid 50%" rightclick="eq_mid 0% ? eq_mid 50% : eq_mid 0%" frommiddle="true"/>
<slider action="eq_low" dblclick="eq_low 50%" rightclick="eq_low 0% ? eq_low 50% : eq_low 0%" frommiddle="true"/>

Repeat for each deck you use. Save, and done...

发表时间 Wed 23 Oct 19 @ 8:15 am
except for those of us who DON'T code, who DON'T edit xml OR skins, and to whom scripting is a foreign language (..and why the company assumes that every user will have to learn these things when they just plain want the features they use to work) and are used to the software working as it has even through all the versions released
it's that small a bit of code - that was needlessly changed.
all that is kinda useless to us.
anything that changes functionality or changes the default is a detriment to users who rely on the functions and stability.
and the scenario just keeps playing back over and over in my head - someone literally sat there and thought "well we do it like this.. so everyone else should too."

发表时间 Wed 23 Oct 19 @ 12:44 pm

Rightclick to kill EQ is a mouse thing.. And its there in Essential skin.

(For the pro/performance layouts, its intended controller users, and you do this on the controller)

发表时间 Wed 23 Oct 19 @ 1:24 pm
No one's forcing you to use the new skin that has the code removed...

You could carry on using whatever skin you used before 2020 was released.

发表时间 Wed 23 Oct 19 @ 4:23 pm
groovindj wrote :
No one's forcing you to use the new skin that has the code removed...

And yet again you miss his whole point here.......

发表时间 Wed 23 Oct 19 @ 5:38 pm
Which is what? One skin doesn't work the way he wants, so he's going to throw his toys out the pram until it gets put back?

There are plenty of solutions, of which some are listed in this thread - but what, that's not good enough? It has to be his way or the highway?

If some users are not prepared to be at least a little flexible, then there's no helping them.

As the saying goes, you can't please everyone. VDJ has so many options. There's no one skin that has everything.

Those who can't (or won't) do a little XML coding can get assistance from those who can.

发表时间 Wed 23 Oct 19 @ 6:01 pm
69%