快速登录:  

Forum: General Discussion

话题: Pioneer DDJ-1000 SRT Mapper - Page: 3

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

PhantomDeejay wrote :
What do you mean gain has special behavior ?

I already made an own topic about this behaviour:
https://virtualdj.com/forums/230018/Wishes_and_new_features/We_should_talk_about_cloning___some_TakeoverModes_.html
and I also did a comment at the beginning of this topic here.

Everything in short is:
When I clone decks the gain gets cloned as well... This is cool for pure internal mixing, but it can get really annyoing when you have a controller that has got its own gain-knobs. Means that after every cloning the user has to pickup the gain from its possition (or whatever setting 'controllerTakeover' is set to).
This can get defused a little bit by setting the controllerTakeover to "instant" or "gradual", but this would mean that every slider behaves this way which also can confuse in between different controllers.
I generally think (besides of just NOT cloning the gain) there could be a nice addition to the controllerTakeover-modes which behaves "absolute"
--> No ability to change sliders with the mouse, only take the absolute position of the controller.

The second strange behaviour is:
If the sampler is routed to a channel, the gain-knob of this channel does not work for the sampler at all, this is confusing because on an actual external mixer it would behave another way.
(This topic is related to it: https://virtualdj.com/forums/230023/Wishes_and_new_features/Sampler_should_respect_Gain_(when_routed_to_a_channel).html)

And I just don't why it is like this with the gain.
I also tried switching every gain-related setting off, but it still stays the same for both cases (sampler & cloning channels)

发表时间 Mon 30 Sep 19 @ 4:00 pm
Was it ever confirmed if the SRT has hardware effects or not?

发表时间 Mon 30 Sep 19 @ 4:19 pm
The Hofff wrote :
Was it ever confirmed if the SRT has hardware effects or not?

Yes, it has standalone hardware effects on internal USB as well as on external sound sources.
It's a 'full-time-standalone-mixer' if you will :)

发表时间 Mon 30 Sep 19 @ 4:59 pm
andy-chiles wrote :
Everything in short is:
When I clone decks the gain gets cloned as well... This is cool for pure internal mixing, but it can get really annyoing when you have a controller that has got its own gain-knobs. Means that after every cloning the user has to pickup the gain from its possition (or whatever setting 'controllerTakeover' is set to).
This can get defused a little bit by setting the controllerTakeover to "instant" or "gradual", but this would mean that every slider behaves this way which also can confuse in between different controllers.
I generally think (besides of just NOT cloning the gain) there could be a nice addition to the controllerTakeover-modes which behaves "absolute"
--> No ability to change sliders with the mouse, only take the absolute position of the controller.

In DDJ-1000SRT the gain knobs are hardware operated. Yes their movement is visible on the GUI but it's NOT USED.
Therefore the gains behave as in any "hardware" mixer. Nothing special here.

andy-chiles wrote :
The second strange behaviour is:
If the sampler is routed to a channel, the gain-knob of this channel does not work for the sampler at all, this is confusing because on an actual external mixer it would behave another way.
(This topic is related to it: https://virtualdj.com/forums/230023/Wishes_and_new_features/Sampler_should_respect_Gain_(when_routed_to_a_channel).html)

And I just don't why it is like this with the gain.
I also tried switching every gain-related setting off, but it still stays the same for both cases (sampler & cloning channels)

Well the sampler does not get routed to a deck. It shares the deck's output channel.
Anyway, in DDJ-1000SRT the sampler has it's own separate channel so that should not be an issue

发表时间 Tue 01 Oct 19 @ 8:27 am
PhantomDeejay wrote :

In DDJ-1000SRT the gain knobs are hardware operated. Yes their movement is visible on the GUI but it's NOT USED.
Therefore the gains behave as in any "hardware" mixer. Nothing special here.

Well the sampler does not get routed to a deck. It shares the deck's output channel.
Anyway, in DDJ-1000SRT the sampler has it's own separate channel so that should not be an issue

Oh sorry I think you got me wrong.
I know that the SRT is an all-hardware-mixer and that the fake-mixer-option is turned on in VDJ.
The behaviour of the gain in VDJ even was the reason why I changed to the SRT from the standard DDJ-1000,
because I wanted a hardware-mixer instead of a midi one.
So I know about the function of the SRT in detail.

What I'm meaning is the behaviour of the gain in general:
Everything stays as is it is when a deck gets cloned (EQs, Levelfaders, etc.) but the gain gets cloned.
This causes the problem to pick up the gain with midi-controllers.

发表时间 Tue 01 Oct 19 @ 11:14 am
andy-chiles wrote :
Ps.:
Could you explain me why the gain has a special behaviour, other than the normal channel-controls?
I just want to understand the reason for this :)
You can write a personal message if you want, since this is slightly off topic.

I was refering to this part of your previous post. I thought you meant specifically the 1000SRT mapper, and not MIDI controllers in general...
That's why I asked.

发表时间 Tue 01 Oct 19 @ 6:49 pm
PhantomDeejay wrote :
andy-chiles wrote :
Ps.:
Could you explain me why the gain has a special behaviour, other than the normal channel-controls?
I just want to understand the reason for this :)
You can write a personal message if you want, since this is slightly off topic.

I was refering to this part of your previous post. I thought you meant specifically the 1000SRT mapper, and not MIDI controllers in general...
That's why I asked.

Oh ok, yes this could be confusing... But I meant MIDI-controllers in general...
Or let's just ignore the MIDI-controller thing, the question that remains is:
Why do all the knobs on a channel stay in their old (and "correct") position, while the position of the gain gets cloned from the other deck instead?

发表时间 Sun 06 Oct 19 @ 9:56 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Because you want the track to sound equally loud when cloning?
Gain is supposed to be used to level out different tracks, so once adjusted for a specific track it should be right.
Level and eq are your live controls to adjust volume per channel.

Of course there are people who use gain as an alternative level slider and for those this behavior would be less logical.

发表时间 Mon 07 Oct 19 @ 8:33 am
Adion wrote :
Because you want the track to sound equally loud when cloning?
Gain is supposed to be used to level out different tracks, so once adjusted for a specific track it should be right.
Level and eq are your live controls to adjust volume per channel.

Of course there are people who use gain as an alternative level slider and for those this behavior would be less logical.

Yes I know what the gain is for ^^
If it is used like this then of course this behavior makes a lot of sense, so I understand you in this case.
For my part I'm working very fast, and I found the gain be more suitable for a alternate level slider as well as adjusting the gain at once.
So I guess I mostly belong to the second group which changes the gain for a lot of reasons, thats why this behavior really confuses me.

Might I ask very friendly if there is a possibility to give this behavior an option or some other solution to disable it, to fit better into the needs of people who like to work with a fully manual adjusted gain?

发表时间 Mon 07 Oct 19 @ 11:55 pm
PhantomDeejay wrote :
1) We were able to find a way to control Crossfader Curve from within VirtualDJ (and in fact use the crossfaderCurve setting to adjust it).
This will come in the following software update.

Hi!
There were some software-builds since this post, but somehow I this doesn't seem to work yet.
The crossfader doesn't respond to curve changes as far as I figured out...
Is this function already in VDJ?

发表时间 Sun 24 Nov 19 @ 9:50 pm
I have two questions about the 1000SRT.

In Audio Settings, how do I set the 4 deck output to match the 3/1, 2/4?
Is there a way to use all of the board effects?A few of the top ones work. Enigma Jet, Flanger. Spiral, Slip Roll, etc don't work.

发表时间 Mon 25 Nov 19 @ 2:34 am
andy-chiles wrote :

Hi!
There were some software-builds since this post, but somehow I this doesn't seem to work yet.
The crossfader doesn't respond to curve changes as far as I figured out...
Is this function already in VDJ?

Yes it is and it works fine here.
Mind you that if you use a custom mapper you'll have to go back to factory default and then redo your changes since the new key that controls crossfader curve didn't exist at original mapper and new keys don't get added on custom mappers automatically.

Gregscot1969 wrote :
I have two questions about the 1000SRT.

In Audio Settings, how do I set the 4 deck output to match the 3/1, 2/4?
Is there a way to use all of the board effects?A few of the top ones work. Enigma Jet, Flanger. Spiral, Slip Roll, etc don't work.

Are we talking about the SRT (Serato version) or the plain (Rekordbox version) DDJ-1000 ?
Default audio configuration for DDJ-1000SRT is here:
https://www.virtualdj.com/manuals/hardware/pioneer/ddj1000srt/installation.html
The default audio configuration allows you to mix with 4 decks AND use the hardware effects of the board.

发表时间 Mon 25 Nov 19 @ 9:19 am
Yes, SRT. I downloaded 2020. Set up Audio as shown. The main 2 decks play. Switching with Deck Select on the unit 3/1, it doesn't play or even show up on the platter.I can play

发表时间 Mon 25 Nov 19 @ 11:34 pm

发表时间 Mon 25 Nov 19 @ 11:43 pm
That was it. Thankyou. Only problem is I use the outputs for Line. I'll have to switch back and forth.

发表时间 Mon 25 Nov 19 @ 11:46 pm
cj-janPRO InfinityMember since 2004
djdad wrote :
andy-chiles wrote :
And can I somehow help with the unit that is in our show room? Maybe over remote access or something?

Won't be necessary. We will have the SRT available in our offices as well next week. Thanks for your offer anyway, we may ask your assistance in the future on another device.

Please send a picture :D

发表时间 Thu 30 Jan 20 @ 5:15 pm

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)