快速登录:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

话题: Sound Switch Playlists/Folder Structure

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

Just purchased the new Sound Switch Dongle and was setting everything up to run. I have all DMX addressing, MIDI, and lights working great, but the problem that I am having is with my folders and songs showing up in Sound Switch. I kind of fly by the seat of my pants when DJing and have done so for 15yrs in that I do not use or have playlists, and do not use a flash drive with preset music, I take requests and mix on the fly. I run 3 external hard drives, with an internal, in case something goes wrong. One is Video, one audio, and one karaoke. I have everything organized within in a specific folder structure that makes sense to me.

According to Sound Switch, Virtual DJ 8 does not map these in a manor that SS can identify them. They need to be in a playlist or VDJ Virtual Folder. I will only need the internal, video, and audio drives to be mapped for use in sound switch.

Does anyone know of a way to do this without hand creating all new virtual folders and/or playlists from scratch so they show up in SS?

发表时间 Mon 19 Aug 19 @ 8:54 pm
Not a single reply, no one can help?

发表时间 Tue 08 Oct 19 @ 3:19 pm
I was looking at SS too. I can't see the logic in that .... surely SS can read any file as long as it has a beatgrid?

发表时间 Tue 08 Oct 19 @ 6:18 pm
It's probably for speed of access. It's quicker to read a list of files from a playlist or virtual folder, than it is to scan through all the files on your hard drive.

Same reason VDJ uses a database - speed. I can't see why SS didn't go for just reading the main database file though. Maybe they couldn't be bothered to decipher it?

I guess the simplest solution is create a virtual folder (call it SoundSwitch?) and put everything in it.

发表时间 Tue 08 Oct 19 @ 7:24 pm

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)