快速登录:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

话题: Script for cloning and auto crossfade

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

i use the following script "deck 2 clone_deck 1 & crossfader 0%" which does exactly what i want it to...but there is a slight glitch/pop sound(clearly audible if using headphones with the output set all the way to mix) when it clones and switches to deck 1 output. Is this a bug? or is it just because of the instantaneous switch to deck 1 after cloning..my laptop cannot process it quick enough and gives the pop sound.
Things i have tried/observed with no resolution:
tried all load priority options,
tried highest buffer settings.
However when i remove the crossfader 0% from the script and do it manually on the controller,there is no pop sound...but obviously it is not instantaneous as the script...leading me to the think that i must give the program/laptop just a few milliseconds to properly clone the deck before the deck goes live.
So i was thinking along the lines of delaying the 'crossfader 0%' part of the script by a few ms with some variation of the script..but i cant really think of anything.
For now im just doing the crossfader bit manually,but when im inna rush,i forget to do lower the line fader on deck 2 and although i move the crossfader back to the left quickly,i still get the both decks audio for just a brief moment..which im trying to avoid.
Thanks in adv!

发表时间 Wed 13 Mar 19 @ 5:23 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
use the repeat_start action to add a delay.
deck 2 clone_deck 1 & repeat_start "rsDelay" 33ms 1 & crossfader 0%

发表时间 Wed 13 Mar 19 @ 6:25 pm
Ok nice..the pops seems to have cleared up..curious of the ms value though..i tried it with 1ms and i didnt really hear any pops..

发表时间 Thu 14 Mar 19 @ 12:36 am
I've found from testing 33ms is the fastest any repeat_start script will run. Anything less than 33ms still = 33ms

发表时间 Thu 14 Mar 19 @ 4:52 am
Thanks for the clarity

发表时间 Thu 14 Mar 19 @ 5:00 pm
No worries, I wish i could remember how I proved 33ms, but it was so long ago, adion has since confirmed, but I've yet to test x64 build.
But hey 33ms is less than a 1/10th of a blink, who's going to notice...

发表时间 Thu 14 Mar 19 @ 5:46 pm
Ok cool..having said that...i think the script works in order of commands..so without using the repeat start..and just simply using '& crossfader 0%'...the crossfader part should execute after? So that's why i was curious if it were a bug...ps im just curious ok...the problem is solved lol

发表时间 Fri 15 Mar 19 @ 5:37 pm
No worries, we find a problem, then a solution, then discussing it further we might learn something. Curiosity is no bad thing.

You're right scripts execute in order of being seen, i guessing the cloning part of the script takes a few ms to actually happen,
I don't know exactly what cloning entails at the code level but as we observe, it needs a few ms.

发表时间 Fri 15 Mar 19 @ 7:26 pm
very well...i guess although the audio is already in the memory..it still need that few ms to properly be applied to the other deck.ok thanks again loco

发表时间 Sat 16 Mar 19 @ 1:27 am

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)