快速登录:  

Forum: General Discussion

话题: Slip start/stop like on CDJ?

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

ScooxHome userMember since 2018
On CDJs if you enable Slip mode then hit the Play/Pause button the track will stop but as soon as you hit Play again the track will continue playing where it would have been had it not been paused. When used in combination with the the This can be used in combination with the [Vinyl Speed Adjust Touch/Brake] and [Vinyl Speed Adjust Release/Start] CDJ knobs you can get really cool vinyl brake/start FX going without losing sync.

VDJ provides two parameters, rampStartTime and rampStopTime, which work as expected, however slip mode in VDJ only affects scratching and hotcues, and it doesn't care about the [Play/Pause], any ideas how this could be done? I need both brake and start.

发表时间 Wed 21 Nov 18 @ 7:00 am
That's why the global "SLIP" action exists.
But it's a bit tricky... You enable it with "slip on", you do your stuff and then you (manually) turn it off with "slip off"
On "Slip off" the tracks goes where it should have been...

Slip on/off is an advanced feature and requires a little remapping of your device to get it work "correctly" (aka the way other gear does)

发表时间 Wed 21 Nov 18 @ 7:38 am
For brake I often use the SlipBrake8 effect
There are some examples in this video:

发表时间 Wed 21 Nov 18 @ 7:50 am
... and here is a quick example of using the global slip like Phantom Deejay described:

发表时间 Wed 21 Nov 18 @ 7:59 am
RanikiPRO InfinityMember since 2018
What is the difference between the global 'slip' mode and slip_mode scripts?

Cheers

发表时间 Wed 21 Nov 18 @ 6:59 pm
Raniki wrote :
What is the difference between the global 'slip' mode and slip_mode scripts?

Cheers

As I've experienced it:
Slip_mode works where you normally need slip on a deck. Like if you do some looping, effects or scratching and you want the track to continue in the background and kick back in
Global slip also works on the transport functions like pause, which IMO makes it more confusing to use - as in: a stopped track is not a stopped track anymore - so I rarely use it, eventhough it's pretty powerful when you want/need it
There may be more

发表时间 Wed 21 Nov 18 @ 9:03 pm
Thanks Klausmogensen, I found the difference in the descriptions from the 'List of Verbs' a little unclear:
slip : activate or deactivate a global slip mode, that will save the position on "slip on" and resume where it should have been if untouched on "slip off", letting you do any scratch/loop/effect/etc in between
slip_mode : activate or deactivate the slip mode. While in slip mode, the loops, hotcues and scratch actions will have a temporary effect

It also explains why I'm having a little bit of difficulty with some scripting I am trying to do and getting some odd results (because I ended up using 'slip' rather than 'slip_mode' not knowing the difference!).... to help with this a query:

What would the script be for querying slip_mode - slip_mode 0 ? / slip_mode 1 ? or slip_mode off ? / slip_mode on ? as I didn't seem to be able to get this to work and so resorted to using slip on/off?

Cheers

发表时间 Thu 22 Nov 18 @ 8:53 am
1) For slip:
When activated, slip will start an internal counter for the track. Now, no matter what you do, this internal counter will keep tracking "elapsed" time.
When you disable slip, the track will resume at the position dictated by the internal counter.

2) For Slip_mode:
When activated slip_mode does not set an internal counter. Instead it "counts" and slips only loops, hotcue jumps, and scratching

3) The main difference with these 2 actions (besides their different behavior) is the way you call them when you want to use them
You activate slip_mode and the track "slips" automatically when you loop/jump/scratch e.t.c. every time you perform such an action. You turn slip mode off whaen you want to stop the deck to automatically slip
When you activate slip though, the slipping is not automatic. It occurs only at the time you deactivate slip. So, if you enable slip and scratch, the track won't skip when you release the jog. You need to turn slip off, for the track to jump on the "where it would have been" position.

Finally:
Slip_mode ?
Returns true/false indicating if slip_mode is active or not
get_slip_active ?
Returns true/false when the internal counter of the track is active (like when you scratch with the jog while slip_mode is active)

You can try this script on a custom button or a led to understand the above script's differences:

slip_mode ? get_slip_active ? blink 500ms : on : off

(If you use it on a custom button remember to name the button 'query')

发表时间 Thu 22 Nov 18 @ 10:30 am
PhantomDeejay...... You're a star! :-)

发表时间 Thu 22 Nov 18 @ 11:30 am
ScooxHome userMember since 2018
When SLIP is ON, if I pause the waveform stops and the slip cursor advances, but when I resume playback, the track position doesn't jump to the slip cursor position, which means SLIP won't do the trick.

The following command does what I need, in a different way:

touchwheel_touch & slip_mode 1

发表时间 Sat 01 Dec 18 @ 6:34 am
hi guys!

mc7000 & vdj8.3
my play_pause buttons needs slip mode!
slip mode on, but when i hit pause button, the playing stop and when i press play button again the music continuous from the pause position.
witch script i need?
thx
(sorry 4 my english)

发表时间 Sat 20 Apr 19 @ 10:27 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Why wouldn't you just use the volume fader then?

发表时间 Sat 20 Apr 19 @ 10:29 am
my stop time is 0.5s.
i use this like brake effect.

发表时间 Sat 20 Apr 19 @ 10:37 am
anybody?

发表时间 Wed 24 Apr 19 @ 8:06 pm
headbundy wrote :
anybody?

See second video above

发表时间 Wed 24 Apr 19 @ 9:59 pm
I hope to have this function,too!!!!!!This function is very practical!!!!Don't want to touch the computer when operating CDJ2000NXS2!!Hope to solve this function as soon as possible!!!Thanks!!

发表时间 Sun 09 Feb 20 @ 3:52 pm
so, quite an old post but anyway...

i'm super noob at this but i was fiddling around with this concept and i wrote this script:

slip_mode? play? slip & pioneer_play : slip off & pioneer_play : slip off & pioneer_play

it seems to work as intended if you're only going to use global slip for this purpose: basically it checks for slip_mode (which I have already mapped to a button on my controller) and if true it activates global slip right after pause, and deactivates it on play..., if false it behaves normally (and it sets global slip off just to be sure).
So I mapped this to my play/pause and I'm a happy guy =)

As I said, i know nothing about scripting and this was a lot of trial and error, if anyone knows how to better implement this, please share!
cheers

PS: i just noticed that the play button LED wasn't functioning correctly, so I had to manually map the LED_PLAY/PAUSE to pioneer_play, and it now behaves correctly

发表时间 Thu 06 Aug 20 @ 1:50 am
@deejaypaanda Please don't post your VDJScripts just into any thread you find that relates to slip mode...

发表时间 Fri 07 Aug 20 @ 5:05 pm

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)