快速登录:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

话题: Pioneer XDJ RX2 - Deck Muting

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

hi folks,

just switched to a Pioneer XDJ RX2 from an XDJ RX.

i was looking to mirror how i used to run the previous RX but have come up against an issue.

i run a gigaport hd for the sound from the RX2. So, basically have the sound from virtual DJ routing through the line inputs on the controller.
the problem i am having with this new unit is when i switch to the line input straight away on the MacBook i see on VDJ 'MUTE' appearing beside the the track name and title and no sound comes through.
I'm guessing this comes down to some sort of mapping within VDJ!
what is the best way to sort this out. i have zero experience with adjusting mapping.
all help appreciated.
Iain

发表时间 Sat 20 Oct 18 @ 3:07 pm
I think it's because the unit wasn't meant to be run this way...
Isn't the default to have it all working through the USB, and then use the line input's for external inputs from other sources?
Like a CDJ, or even a phone as backup?

Because yes, on a lot of the more complex controllers VDJ will mute the deck when you switch to external input, so that you don't accidentally play anything from within the software on top of whatever is coming in through the line inputs

发表时间 Sun 21 Oct 18 @ 9:20 am
Looking at the mapping, you could try removing "& mute" from the input_hw mapping

Then it will be the same as how the the XDJ-RX is mapped

发表时间 Sun 21 Oct 18 @ 9:23 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
iainaalpine wrote :
i run a gigaport hd for the sound from the RX2. So, basically have the sound from virtual DJ routing through the line inputs on the controller.

A bit confused on your setup. The RX2 doesnt offer any USB Interface Inputs, so you cant route any sound from external source to VDJ using line ins. So curious to know of your VDJ Audio setup.
If you are using the Gigaport as sound card in VDJ Audio setup, then i suppose you use the RX2 in MIDI mode http://www.virtualdj.com/manuals/hardware/pioneer/xdjrx2/mode.html but still dont quite understand your setup.
Could you provide further details ?

Removing the mute actions indeed will unmute the VDJ decks, but still you cant use Lineins so cant route audio signal to VDJ with the RX2.

发表时间 Sun 21 Oct 18 @ 10:34 am
dread,

i basically use the gigaport for channeling all sound from VDJ to the mixer on the controller via the line in's. i do this as i prefer how the levels are managed in the software which ultimately means less input from myself when gigging.
the controller in effect is only used as a midi controller and yes, i do loose some of the functionality when it comes to the effects but this doesn't bother me.

thanks again for all your help and guidance on this guys.

Iain

发表时间 Sun 21 Oct 18 @ 1:38 pm
hi guys,

went into the script and removed the 'mute' so working as would like it.

as ever, thanks again for your help and assistance guys.

cheers

Iain

发表时间 Sun 21 Oct 18 @ 2:26 pm

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)