快速登录:  

Forum: Music discussion

话题: Tips for premixing at home?

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

Hi everyone,

A little introduction might be in place, before asking my questions: I am a amateur DJ, playing at home for hobby and practice and playing at a local sportsclub as a volunteer 2-3 times per year to maintain 'crowdfeeling'. Together with a friend, I am concidering going semi-pro to be a DJ at parties. Our set will mostly be a 2 - 3 hour set. Our set will be an alternation between dancing (having a good time with a lot of guilty pleassure kind of music, alternated with top 40) and some kind of silly minigames every now and then for a laugh and interaction with the crowd.

Now, for my questions :)

1. Does anybody have experience with mixing a tune to play during these minigames (i.e. the "popcorn"-melodie mixed with something else)? I would like to mix thi myself so that it is unique to our performance. What are your tips and would u use VDJ or some other mixing software?

2. As not every 'guilty plessure' song has the same or even a nice beat and tempo, I would like to mix it up a bit, whitg a nice beat under - let's say- YMCA and Waterloo for example. Do you guys recommend mixing this at home per song and mixing it live during the set, or would you recommend making a 10-20 min. mix at home and just playing it at the set? And also, again, what software would you recommend?

I have been reading a lot online, but would really like to hear some theories specific to my questions and needs. It's not that I just place every question here.. I feel like that would not be appreciated, that's why I would like to clear that up :) Any feedback would be welcome!

~Fijne Suiker

发表时间 Sun 26 Aug 18 @ 2:08 pm
my 2 cents it's ok to make your own Remixes or Edits and play them .. many DJs do this.

发表时间 Sun 26 Aug 18 @ 4:13 pm
Thank you for your reply. :)

I still wonder if any of you have experience doing this, and if so, with what software?
~ Fijne Suiker

发表时间 Sun 26 Aug 18 @ 5:20 pm
I use Ableton Live for making edits & remixes.

发表时间 Sun 26 Aug 18 @ 5:55 pm
groovindj wrote :
I use Ableton Live for making edits & remixes.

Honestly, I am looking for a more simple kind of software. One where I input a song, and make a beat under it. Not a piece of software that can create a whole song. I don't even know if it's out there, but I would use it just for a last verse of song A to start a transition and the first verse of the first view seconds even of song B.

The problem is that the music I would be playing are not really suitable for beatmatching, as they have no intro/outro so I have to make a 'mix' beforehand as I do not yet have the skillset to do this live.

Thank you for your reply though!

~Fijne Suiker

发表时间 Sun 26 Aug 18 @ 7:25 pm
FijneSuiker wrote :
One where I input a song, and make a beat under it

Yes, exactly. You can do that with Ableton Live. It's simple to do what you want.

If you're not creating "a whole song" then it's not complicated.

发表时间 Sun 26 Aug 18 @ 7:39 pm
groovindj wrote :
FijneSuiker wrote :
One where I input a song, and make a beat under it

Yes, exactly. You can do that with Ableton Live. It's simple to do what you want.

If you're not creating "a whole song" then it's not complicated.

I will look futher into it. Thanks! And not just in this topic ;)

发表时间 Sun 26 Aug 18 @ 7:59 pm
you may also check out Acid Music by Magix

发表时间 Sun 26 Aug 18 @ 9:12 pm
wickedmix wrote :
you may also check out Acid Music by Magix

Thank you! I will!

发表时间 Mon 27 Aug 18 @ 1:15 pm
I use Cubase. A lot of the tracks I play are my own re edits. Some are my own mash ups, known vocals used over different instrumentals. It can be a long complicate process, depending on what level you want to take it too. The track I'm currently working on, Whoomp! there it is and the melody of Utah Saints Piano, has been created form scratch (except the vocal), hopefully testing the latest mixdown tonight.

Premixing a set at home is bad but making mash ups, quite essential. Especially us bar/club dj's, not so much wedding!

I'm interested in your idea. I've helped a few rave Dj'ins have a song they like from a different genre (slower), made into what they can play.

发表时间 Fri 07 Sep 18 @ 5:59 pm
mitchiemasha wrote :
I use Cubase. A lot of the tracks I play are my own re edits. Some are my own mash ups, known vocals used over different instrumentals. It can be a long complicate process, depending on what level you want to take it too. The track I'm currently working on, Whoomp! there it is and the melody of Utah Saints Piano, has been created form scratch (except the vocal), hopefully testing the latest mixdown tonight.

Premixing a set at home is bad but making mash ups, quite essential. Especially us bar/club dj's, not so much wedding!

I'm interested in your idea. I've helped a few rave Dj'ins have a song they like from a different genre (slower), made into what they can play.

Do you ever have sync issues when you do the mashups and re edits when using cubase?

发表时间 Tue 18 Sep 18 @ 12:00 pm

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)