快速登录:  

Forum: General Discussion

话题: Script School - Page: 37
Hey Locodog,

thank you for your answer. The usecase is to have a broadcast button on a controller skin that, when broadcasting, shows the number of connected clients.
The standard text is a bit long for the space of a button.

发表时间 Fri 25 Aug 23 @ 8:19 am
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
Ah then the above will still be too long.

you'll want something like this

broadcast_message & param_cast 'text' 27 &
param_contains " 1 " ? get_text "1" :
param_contains " 2 " ? get_text "2" :
param_contains " 3 " ? get_text "3" :
param_contains " 4 " ? get_text "4" :
param_contains " 5 " ? get_text "5" :
keep going till
param_contains "10" ? get_text "10" :
then keep going as far as you think needed

发表时间 Fri 25 Aug 23 @ 9:15 am
Baldy68PRO InfinityMember since 2019
Hi, I am in preparation to make a custom controller (dubstation) for VDJ software. First I was thinking if there was possible to route the five stem outputs to five audio outputs in audio settings to route all stems live to another software, but until that will be doable (if ever) I was thinking maybe it is better to use VDJ as the only software since it is so powerful with scripting.

For testing purpose, I am now using a midimix (amongst other midi controllers) to try out if my idea is even possible to do.

Without being too technical the first problem I need to get solved is how to map a fader to behave like a crossfader for stems. In other words, I need to crossfade between the stems from two decks, where I am using one crossfader for every "pair" of stems meaning there will be five crossfaders for stems only. (for example, one crossfader for smooth transitions between Bass from deck one and Bass from deck two, and four more crossfaders for the other 4 stems). This will result in full volume on deck one when all five faders are down, and full volume on deck two when all faders are in top position, and a mix of both decks when the faders are in the middle position.
I have read about verbs and parameters and have no problems mapping any buttons, faders or knobs, but to make this crossfading function I can't find the working parameters. I tried adding 0%-100% and 100%-0% and 0.0-1.0 and 1.0-0.0 but either the fader doesn't work at all or as default, meaning 0-100%

When I get this working, I need to have three effects (echo, reverb and flanger resulting in three knobs for each crossfader) affecting only that "pair" of stems, but this shouldn't be any problems since I have seen there already are effects that affects a specific stem only?

If I could be pointed in the right way to learn how to script these things I will be forever grateful! :-D

发表时间 Sun 27 Aug 23 @ 3:35 pm
nothing & nothing & param_invert & param_multiply 0.5 & deck 1 eq_low & param_multiply 2 & param_invert & param_multiply 0.5 & deck 2 eq_low

See this example on a custom_button [dial version]
ignore the nothing & nothing, that's just a quirk of custom_buttons with param manipulation

invert the value so the dial is mapped backwards, and half it, then it's good for deck 1, then multiply by 2 and invert it, [so it once again is the value from the dial], then half it and it's good the send to deck 2

发表时间 Sun 27 Aug 23 @ 4:01 pm
Wow! You are absolutely incredible, just like that, no problems at all for you! Thank you so much, I can't for my life figure out where you found this information though! Thank you so much man! :-D :-D :-D

发表时间 Sun 27 Aug 23 @ 4:44 pm
reading, asking questions, and keep trying stuff long after a sensible person would have found something better to do.

发表时间 Sun 27 Aug 23 @ 4:47 pm
locodog wrote :
reading, asking questions, and keep trying stuff long after a sensible person would have found something better to do.

Hahaha, yeah I don't know how many hours I spent before I gave up and asked here!
Since I got your attention could you point me in the direction how to make an effect (I will use very specific VST-plugin dub reggae effects to make it as true to a real dubstation as possible) applied to just one or in my case a pair of stems?

Can I donate money to you in some way? I really REALLY appreciate the insane work and time you must have spent with all this knowledge, to share it for free!

发表时间 Sun 27 Aug 23 @ 5:36 pm
Wow thanks, the beer fund is always open,
ThrowInToBeerFund

deck 1 effect_active vocals echo & deck 2 effect_active vocals echo
this would turn echo effect on the vocal stems
if you look up the script description for effect_stems you can see the names used for stem effect slots [except for some reason they chose "vocals" for vocal, I don't know why]

发表时间 Sun 27 Aug 23 @ 5:56 pm
This didn't work, maybe since I use knobs to control it?
"deck 1 effect_active vocals echo & deck 2 effect_active vocals echo"
Probably I wasn't clear enough. My knobs shows up as sliders in mapping software.

EDIT:
Actually this did work after I restarted VDJ, lesson learned. :-D
"Deck 1 effect_slider 1 1 & effect_stems Bass on & Deck 2 effect_slider 1 1 & effect_stems Bass on"

I sent some pennies for beer, but don't get too drunk yet! lol.

发表时间 Sun 27 Aug 23 @ 7:30 pm
thank you very much,
I think see the problem, you're calling effect_stems after ? I think

Deck 1 effect_stems Bass on & effect_slider 1 1 & Deck 2 & effect_stems Bass on & effect_slider 1 1
maybe that

发表时间 Sun 27 Aug 23 @ 7:44 pm
Tryed that also, it seemed to work for a while but no. Maybe the effects I use isn't the right ones to send to stems only? I am trying now with default Echo, Reverb and Flanger, but it affects all stems whatever I do. I give up for today. This is an example of the code I use now:
Deck 1 effect_stems Bass on & effect_slider 1 1 & Deck 2 effect_slider 1 1 & effect_stems Bass on

发表时间 Sun 27 Aug 23 @ 9:42 pm
I see, effect_stems is sending all fx to the designated stem

deck 1 effect_active 'bass' 'echo' on & deck 2 effect_active 'bass' 'echo' on
to send bass to echo fx

deck 1 effect_slider 'bass' 'echo' 1 & deck 2 effect_active 'bass' 'echo' 1
to control the echo fx on the bass stem slot, dial 1

you can combine these two scripts with &

发表时间 Sun 27 Aug 23 @ 10:24 pm
Happens nothing with those code lines. :-/

发表时间 Mon 28 Aug 23 @ 7:40 am
More peculiar things that doesn't function is the corresponding function for Bass and Instrument, since those still are Gain and Filter there are no kill function for them as with eq_kill_low/mid/high. I want a mute and solo button for each stem...

deck 1 eq_kill_filter & Deck 2 eq_kill_filter <----Doesn't work, lol

发表时间 Mon 28 Aug 23 @ 8:07 am
filter_activate
that turns the color dial on/off

working out gremlins here myself, will be back.

发表时间 Mon 28 Aug 23 @ 8:34 am
try again but use this first to see if you get movement.

deck 1 effect_show_gui 'bass' 'echo' & deck 2 effect_show_gui 'bass' 'echo'

发表时间 Mon 28 Aug 23 @ 8:47 am
Thank you again, this works fine: Deck 1 filter_activate & Deck 2 filter_activate

This doesn't though: Deck 1 gain_activate & Deck 2 gain_activate

And still no movement at all with: deck 1 effect_show_gui 'bass' 'echo' & deck 2 effect_show_gui 'bass' 'echo'

No hurry man :-)

发表时间 Mon 28 Aug 23 @ 9:03 am
stem_pad isolate 'vocal'
stem_pad 'vocal'

发表时间 Mon 28 Aug 23 @ 9:21 am
Got all mutes and solos to work, thx again. But whatever I do I can't get the FX to work on stems only. Now I need a break, I'm going mad. This isn't the most user-friendly scripting I have encountered, to say the least, lol. But I am sure it must be doable somehow! Maybe with a lot of nothing again? haha

发表时间 Mon 28 Aug 23 @ 12:30 pm
Ok, I did a quick sketch to show how my "proof of concept" looks like for the moment. This layout is only to test if the concept is even possible to do on VDJ only. If it is I will make a proper hardware controller (Dubstation). The picture is absolutely horrible, I couldn't get the grid or straight lines to work in GIMP image editor. LOL But hopefully you will understand what I am after. I got everything to work except the 5x3 (15) knobs with Stem in the label that effect the full song for the moment, and not the specific stem as I want it to do.

发表时间 Wed 30 Aug 23 @ 1:17 pm
81%