快速登录:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

话题: Hidden Color FX...

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

How many hidden color FX are they and what are their names?

To be more specific... FX that can be triggered via effect_colorslider and 'colorfx' that are preset to have more than 1 parameter change, with out extra mapping to those buttons. FX that don't need to be in the FX slot and manually turned on to utilise.

So far I know of 'echo' and 'reverb'

If we add a custom knob (custom button 5) effect_colorslider and load the effect into the first FX slot (or the 2nd/3rd if putting the correct number after the action: effect_colorslider) we can visually see how it affects the FX but my minds about explode.

Can I cheat by downloading a Pioneer mapper and looking through the script?

Many thanks in advance.

发表时间 Thu 15 Feb 18 @ 1:51 pm
I'll give an example, DISTORTION, Crush FX. In the GUI it only shows the Downsample change from 01x to 08x when turning the 'effect_colorslider' custom knob in both direction, yet turning to the left or the right we can clearly hear a different filter application depending on direction, which is not visual in the GUI, hidden!

发表时间 Thu 15 Feb 18 @ 2:17 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
The 'effect_colorslider' action indeed acts like u said , thats what the description of the action says too..

For Color Effects, you need...
COLOR FX Select : effect_select 'colorfx' 'name' where name can be Noise, Pitch, Filter, Echo, Flanger, Distortion, Reverb
or effect_select 'colorfx' to get a list, or effect_select 'colorfx' -1/+1 (for previous/next)
COLOR FX On/Off : effect_active 'colorfx'
COLOR FX Parameter : effect_colorslider 'colorfx'

'colorf' is the name of the "slot" so you can use that with other effect_ actions ..like get_effect_name 'colorfx' to get the name of the selected Color FX

The Color FX are a bit different than the "normal" ones.. E.g. the Echo applies like the Pioneer Echo Dub, Flanger should sound like JET etc.

FYI, in Pioneer units, we use .. deck all as they have global buttons to select and enable a Color FX.
deck all effect_active 'colorfx' will turn on/off the CF in all decks.

One way to get control of ColorFX per deck would be to create a Custom Pad page or use some custom buttons and knobs to control the ColorFX on Master, using deck master in front of each action

发表时间 Thu 15 Feb 18 @ 3:44 pm
Thank you, much appreciated, i'll have a play with those.

I did look into the Pioneer maps and they were using a '$CFX' and a few others depending on controller. For sure jumped into the deep end with this. So much to learn but it's all good fun.

Any more input will be greatly received and i will be reading it many times.

发表时间 Thu 15 Feb 18 @ 3:58 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
the $CFX is just a variable and probably seen this in older units , before we implement Color FX slot.

发表时间 Thu 15 Feb 18 @ 4:02 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
So far Distortion, Echo, Filter, Flanger, Noise, Pitch, Reverb and Spiral have actual color fx support. (Although for some it doesn't do much special)
For other effects, it will simply control the first parameter, but from center to left/right instead of from left to right.

As you noticed, it is indeed possible that the color fx slider makes additional changes to the effects from what is available when using the regular parameters.

发表时间 Thu 15 Feb 18 @ 4:13 pm
Adion wrote :

As you noticed, it is indeed possible that the color fx slider makes additional changes to the effects from what is available when using the regular parameters.

Yes, this is the part i'm most interested in. As well as how for the Distortion, Crush FX the default button that is moved isn't the strength.

Is there only 1 color FX slot? I believe this was the issue of why both LED's lit up on my controller (mentioned in the Dub Echo thread).

发表时间 Thu 15 Feb 18 @ 5:50 pm
Adion wrote :
So far Distortion, Echo, Filter, Flanger, Noise, Pitch, Reverb and Spiral have actual color fx support. (Although for some it doesn't do much special)

I find pitch to be a little different

If I map buttons to specific effects like this:
effect_active 'colorfx' && effect_select 'colorfx' 'Flanger'
effect_active 'colorfx' && effect_select 'colorfx' 'Echo'
and I go back and forth between them, they "take over" from one another, so that one effect stays one, unless I click the button for the already selected effect, which turns it off

But if I add this to a button:
effect_active 'colorfx' && effect_select 'colorfx' 'Pitch'
and I go back and forth between this button and the other buttons, this button will also take over, but when I then select one of the others, the first click becomes a "turn off" click

Does this make sense?
If so, can I prevent this?

发表时间 Fri 16 Feb 18 @ 1:46 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
effect_select for color fx switches between the effects, and keeps the state (on/off and position)
So if you want to be able to switch color fx on/off it's better to have effect_active on a different button.
If you don't mind it always being on, you could simply force it on on selection
effect_select 'colorfx' 'Echo' && effect_active 'colorfx' on

发表时间 Fri 16 Feb 18 @ 8:29 am
klausmogensen wrote :
I find pitch

Does the color pitch FX offer any other parameter change over the normal pitch adjust. Other than it becoming assigned to the FILTER. I didn't think it did and as we already have a pitch/key shift rottery button, not required as a color FX. I'll test the on/off behaviour here.

发表时间 Fri 16 Feb 18 @ 10:11 am
SimfabHome userMember since 2018
Hi i have tried this mapping but its not working on my VDJ 8.2. If i follow those steps and use the effects they are sounding the same even if i dont map them

发表时间 Wed 21 Feb 18 @ 8:03 pm

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)