快速登录:  

Forum: General Discussion

话题: Transfer History File

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

I am getting a new laptop and upgrading to VDJ8. What do I need to do to transfer my old history file from my old laptop (VDJ7) to the new laptop?

发表时间 Tue 13 Feb 18 @ 1:36 am
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
I'd suggest you upgrade to VDJ 8 on your old laptop first.
Database conversion is done by VDJ automatically.
After that, you might have to copy your history files from ../Documents/VirtualDJ/ (or ../Documents/VirtualDJ/ Playlists, not sure ATM) to the new folder ../Documents/VirtualDJ/History

Now to your new Laptop:

Make sure you are using the same User profile name as on the old laptop.
After that, make sure you create the exact same file structure to you music files.

I.E:
If you music was on D:\Music, it has to go to D:\Music on the new laptop too.

If you are using an external drive for your music, no extra work has to be done. Just connect it to the new laptop and you should be good to go.

Optional: Assign the same drive letter to the external HDD as on the old laptop.

发表时间 Tue 13 Feb 18 @ 8:09 am
PachN wrote :
I'd suggest you upgrade to VDJ 8 on your old laptop first.
Database conversion is done by VDJ automatically.
After that, you might have to copy your history files from ../Documents/VirtualDJ/ (or ../Documents/VirtualDJ/ Playlists, not sure ATM) to the new folder ../Documents/VirtualDJ/History

Now to your new Laptop:

Make sure you are using the same User profile name as on the old laptop.
After that, make sure you create the exact same file structure to you music files.

I.E:
If you music was on D:\Music, it has to go to D:\Music on the new laptop too.

If you are using an external drive for your music, no extra work has to be done. Just connect it to the new laptop and you should be good to go.

Optional: Assign the same drive letter to the external HDD as on the old laptop.

Awesome, great information. Thanks. I had a feeling it just wastn't copy the file over on a thumb drive.

发表时间 Tue 13 Feb 18 @ 9:44 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
If you do the copying to the thumb drive from within VirtualDJ, then VirtualDJ will also copy the database information on the thumb drive, and it is really that simple :)

发表时间 Thu 15 Feb 18 @ 9:37 am

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)