快速登录:  

Forum: General Discussion

话题: New Pioneer DDJ-1000 - Page: 1

由于该帖子的部分内容已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

Amazing piece of equipment. It'll probably be crazy expensive (my guess is upwards of $2,500 US). It appears that Pioneer is breaking away from Serato also and all their new stuff is strictly Rekordbox. Hopefully it'll be opened up though so it can be mapped with VDJ or other software.

发表时间 Tue 16 Jan 18 @ 1:00 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005

发表时间 Fri 02 Mar 18 @ 9:54 am[ selected best answer by djdad on Fri 02 Mar 18 @ 10:10 am ]
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009

发表时间 Tue 16 Jan 18 @ 2:26 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Just a personal comment here.. Why does a unit need to work as a standalone too ? Isnt good enough to have a B-plan like the dual USB ports and have a 2nd laptop connected, just in case ?

And probably we need to explain what "stand-alone" means ? Does it mean that a) the mixer can work as a standalone and be able to connect a CD/media Player and keep the show running from the "analog sources" or b) needs to be able to play tracks from a USB stick ?
a) is usually available and probably this unit offers that as well .. need to check its specifications
b) no, it doesnt offer this, but if if would, it would require a "firmware-software" builtin which would make the cost to be much higher.

发表时间 Tue 16 Jan 18 @ 2:36 pm
Having had the MCX8000 since June I have hardly used standalone mode because it's just so bad. Even getting tracks on to the USB with Engine 1.5 is a major hassle.

I can see the benefits of it though, especially as an instant backup or playing a couple of tracks at the end of the night so you can get your gear split down quicker.

I'm sure Pioneer's implementation will be far far better than the current offering from Denon, that's for sure.

发表时间 Tue 16 Jan 18 @ 3:15 pm
will this not work with vdj? im in the hunt for a new controller really i want an SZ but i can probably only afford the SX2 this sits right in the middle price wise

发表时间 Tue 16 Jan 18 @ 4:06 pm
Depends how deeply Pioneer have locked it to their own software.

发表时间 Tue 16 Jan 18 @ 5:45 pm
arkadarka wrote :
will this not work with vdj?

Give them a chance! It's not even available yet.

I too would've liked to see something in the way of being able to play back files without a computer - even if it's very simplified 'emergency only' kind of thing. Really useful when disaster strikes, and should IMO be standard for DJ equipment at this price range and above. Even their RZX doesn't have USB playback, and it's their flagship unit, with proper sceens.

Having a mixer that still works is not much use if the decks can't be used. Needing to bring a separate playback device shouldn't be required when you've got all that lovely hardware in front of you.

发表时间 Tue 16 Jan 18 @ 5:58 pm
bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003

I'm the fussiest controller consumer on the planet and I have to say this ticks all of the main boxes for me, VDJ support will make this a no brainer purchase for me.

This is because I've found myself stuck between two 'classes' of controller;

The portable and small DJ booth friendly DDJ-SX2 and MC7000 vs the larger DDJ-SZ and MCX8000, in a nutshell I much prefer the DDJ-SZ for its layout (headphone controls in the correct place for example), but the size of the device too restrictive for the venues I play in, at the same time I wasn't prepared to compromise and buy an SX2, so I've been waiting.

This is the bridge between the DDJ-SX & SZ series that will fit in most DJ booths with a minimal amount of compromises.

Apparently the FX are hardware, so can be assigned to the inputs, making 3 or 4 deck performance sets worth considering.

Some sort of standalone media player version of this would be extremely popular, but Pioneer want to upgrade the RX's incrementally, so they never quite offer a next level standalone device that would compete with their modular systems.

发表时间 Tue 16 Jan 18 @ 6:03 pm
bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003
groovindj wrote :
arkadarka wrote :
will this not work with vdj?

Having a mixer that still works is not much use if the decks can't be used. Needing to bring a separate playback device shouldn't be required when you've got all that lovely hardware in front of you.

Totally agree, but a fairly small compromise.

发表时间 Tue 16 Jan 18 @ 6:22 pm
bagpuss wrote :

Apparently the FX are hardware

Looks like it to me. I think that's a first for controllers.

发表时间 Tue 16 Jan 18 @ 6:45 pm
This looks dope! I still hate how the mic doesn't have a mid on the EQ. That's every mobile guy's biggest gripe with the SZ

To be honest, I may even get this prior to VDJ support. I would like to play around with rekordbox anyway.

I only see the release FX on/off and no general FX buttons. That would be a big blow to VDJ if the effects are only usable via rekordbox and are not hardware FX. It also doesn't seem like there are a lot of extra buttons/knobs that could be reassigned for FX.

发表时间 Tue 16 Jan 18 @ 6:58 pm
The FX are on the Pads.....

发表时间 Tue 16 Jan 18 @ 8:34 pm
I've been lusting after the Denon MC7000 for a while (when I get paid for all those mad 28 gigs in December).

Thought it would be prudent to wait for the NAMM Show and see what is available, then this appears!

Will have to do some more waiting........

I'm tempted instead of the MC7000, be interesting to see if/when it gets natively supported. I'm pleasantly surprised by the price too.

发表时间 Tue 16 Jan 18 @ 8:48 pm
938MyDJPRO InfinityMember since 2007
kradcliffe wrote :
Depends how deeply Pioneer have locked it to their own software.

IMO - Layout and feature wise, Rekordbox mostly competes with Serato DJ previously...

Now that it will have Automix, I think they’re trying to compete with VDJ too.

Lol!

发表时间 Tue 16 Jan 18 @ 9:46 pm
this is a sweet unit, hope fully its mapable

发表时间 Tue 16 Jan 18 @ 10:00 pm
This looks like the controller I've been waiting for but VDJ mapable. The lack of a dedicated MIC channel on the RX, SX2 made them a no go. The RZ too expensive.

发表时间 Tue 16 Jan 18 @ 10:12 pm
djdad wrote :

a) is usually available and probably this unit offers that as well .. need to check its specifications

Yes... the stand alone point does get confusing. I only realised the problem last night writing up a brief for my venue, how it needs to be worded, with out confusion and too much speal. Personally I've no interest in the memory stick units, but a incorporating a mixer that works with out the laptop, as stand alone, is very important.

发表时间 Tue 16 Jan 18 @ 10:21 pm
hrdnxPRO InfinityMember since 2011

"The DDJ-1000 comes with a Rekordbox DJ licence, and it’s compatible with Rekordbox DVS, meaning you can connect your turntables or media players to spin with timecode vinyl / media.
It also works as a standalone mixer, meaning you can run audio without a laptop: there are four pairs of switchable RCA phono / line inputs for hooking up turntables and DJ media players like CDJs or XDJs. You also get two microphone inputs, two USB jacks for hooking up two laptops, XLR and 1/4″ master outputs and 1/4″ booth outputs."

发表时间 Tue 16 Jan 18 @ 10:58 pm
the SOUND INSURGENT wrote :

Yes, but it would be lacking the knobs which I use fairly often on my sx2.

发表时间 Tue 16 Jan 18 @ 11:05 pm
dj5826 wrote :
the SOUND INSURGENT wrote :

Yes, but it would be lacking the knobs which I use fairly often on my sx2.

Not if the Pads are pressure sensitive.......

发表时间 Tue 16 Jan 18 @ 11:24 pm
7%