快速登录:  

Forum: General Discussion

话题: vdj 8 vs rekordbox dj sound difference - Page: 1

由于该帖子的部分内容已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

vdj 8 vs rekordbox dj sound difference

All settings on mixer and laptops are same. Both laptops are the same spec
In fact laptop running rekordbox dj the master volume is set at 3 o'clock and the laptop running vdj8 is at max please watch the video and let us know what you think

please click on the link

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wb4Hu-7hFxk&t=18s

发表时间 Tue 07 Mar 17 @ 9:09 pm
VDJ has come a long way but it still has a flat or dull sound to me. Bass isn't as punchy and the highs scream.

Even with SDJ I can hear the difference. Even when messing with the eq's you can hear a difference between the programs.

VDJ still needs work.

发表时间 Tue 07 Mar 17 @ 9:35 pm
i agree

发表时间 Tue 07 Mar 17 @ 9:37 pm
louder isn't always better .....

发表时间 Tue 07 Mar 17 @ 9:38 pm
this is very true but sound quality matters :)

发表时间 Tue 07 Mar 17 @ 9:39 pm
In my case vdj 8 is louder comparable to recordbox check in settings output level on both programs ...
even I set them the same values inside of softwares vdj 8 is louder
try to use on the same computer that's what I did

发表时间 Tue 07 Mar 17 @ 10:06 pm
hi all settings are the same did double check all that several times in fact rekordbox dj master was set at 3 o'clock and vdj8 was set at max dont get me wrong i still love vdj8

发表时间 Tue 07 Mar 17 @ 10:11 pm
depends how your zerodb is set in VDJ to be fair. I have mine at -6 to avoid software limiting and compressing the sound. So it will technically outputs 6db less than if i run itunes. +10db would be a doubling of the perceived sound volume, so 6db makes a massive difference. Doesn't matter to me, because i run the sound into an analogue mixing desk where the sound is then gained back to 0db (where it should be) before hitting the speakers. IMHO, and i am OCD about sound quality, then the source file, equipment and speakers are way way more important to sound quality than the software. So unless you are outputting wav or flac files to Funktion-one speakers, then upgrade your gear and tracks for better sound quality, the software has little to do with it.

发表时间 Tue 07 Mar 17 @ 10:12 pm
I run VDJ at -6 as well and there is a definite difference in sound quality. Doesn't matter if I'm using my Mac or PC I can hear the difference.

It's not that it's bad but it doesn't sound as full, crisp or warm as the other programs.

When scratch over a kick that's where I always notice the difference the most.

发表时间 Tue 07 Mar 17 @ 10:27 pm
Andy7689 wrote :
depends how your zerodb is set in VDJ to be fair. I have mine at -6 to avoid software limiting and compressing the sound. So it will technically outputs 6db less than if i run itunes. +10db would be a doubling of the perceived sound volume, so 6db makes a massive difference. Doesn't matter to me, because i run the sound into an analogue mixing desk where the sound is then gained back to 0db (where it should be) before hitting the speakers. IMHO, and i am OCD about sound quality, then the source file, equipment and speakers are way way more important to sound quality than the software. So unless you are outputting wav or flac files to Funktion-one speakers, then upgrade your gear and tracks for better sound quality, the software has little to do with it.

to be fair i do play at some big clubs who do have the bees knees kit and i do buy my music from replica sites as i said before i do love VDJ and yes all settings are the same ie in the software and the middi controller im not running VDJ down as it as lots of pros to other software on the market

发表时间 Tue 07 Mar 17 @ 10:27 pm
the SOUND INSURGENT wrote :
I run VDJ at -6 as well and there is a definite difference in sound quality. Doesn't matter if I'm using my Mac or PC I can hear the difference.

It's not that it's bad but it doesn't sound as full, crisp or warm as the other programs.

When scratch over a kick that's where I always notice the difference the most.

Is that because other programs are artificially increasing some of the frequencies though to try and trick you into thinking they sound better, whereas VDJ outputs flat, as it should be so we can tweak it? Beats headphones do the same, and many people buy them because they sound so bass'y and full. Whereas i wear AKG so it sounds perfect. I can tweak it myself if i need to? Sound is such a subjective thing. It will sound different on the same equipment in the same room if its 10 degrees colder. Everyone has their opinion, but thats just mine. I doubt anyone could prove they were right

发表时间 Tue 07 Mar 17 @ 10:33 pm
I When scratch over a kick that's where I always notice the difference the most.

I dont dance and I cant scratch, so i cant comment on that :) but would that not be more to do with the scratch algorithm?

发表时间 Tue 07 Mar 17 @ 10:42 pm
Andy7689 wrote :
I When scratch over a kick that's where I always notice the difference the most.

I dont dance and I cant scratch, so i cant comment on that :) but would that not be more to do with the scratch algorithm?

this could be the beginning of a new topic lol

发表时间 Tue 07 Mar 17 @ 10:44 pm
Haha, yeah, you start it and ill join in :)

发表时间 Tue 07 Mar 17 @ 10:46 pm
whoops

发表时间 Tue 07 Mar 17 @ 10:46 pm
....there it is

发表时间 Tue 07 Mar 17 @ 10:48 pm

发表时间 Tue 07 Mar 17 @ 10:50 pm
Hahaa!!

发表时间 Tue 07 Mar 17 @ 10:55 pm
wish i never posted this now

发表时间 Tue 07 Mar 17 @ 11:00 pm
Why?? It's your opinion and no one can take that away from you.

No one here is bashing VDJ or any other program.

It's not a big deal bro.

发表时间 Tue 07 Mar 17 @ 11:14 pm
23%