快速登录:  

Forum: Video Discussion

话题: JammText ? - Page: 1

由于该帖子的部分内容已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

freppaPRO InfinityMember since 2002
Does anybody use this program with Vdj ?
How good is it ?
Today I use Pushbullet with TellyVisuals and it works great but, I would like too see some good samples/videos of it working together.

发表时间 Mon 12 Sep 16 @ 4:15 pm
I've never used JammText, I use FlyBoost which is 30 bucks a month.

I do have a way of doing this for free on the Mac side but Flyboost is easier.

On the PC side I use Pangolins IMU software with TellyVisuals/TellyMedia.

I might give JammText a try in the future.

发表时间 Mon 12 Sep 16 @ 6:40 pm
as I told you yes I use it on a daily basis. It cost $25 dollars a month. you can stop your billing anytime just make sure you download any info if you stop your billing or you will lose it. It works great.

发表时间 Tue 13 Sep 16 @ 3:46 am
Heres what FlyBoost looks like with a video playing,

You can make the pics bigger or smaller and this switches between Twitter and Instagram.

发表时间 Tue 13 Sep 16 @ 12:24 pm
Hi I'm one of the owners of Mixcity Inc. Thanks for the props, Tony. But I think you misspoke - our product is $19.99 / month, cheaper than most alternatives and with a lot more features.

JammText integrates with Virtual DJ in two different ways. First, we created a control window that allows you to moderate messages without having to go into the main app. This control window sits on top of Virtual DJ and can be placed anywhere so it's unobtrusive. Second, for video DJs, the output window sits on top of Virtual DJ video output. It will automatically detect video so that if you are playing a video, it will show as a banner overlay across the bottom. If you play an mp3, it will automatically switch to a full screen display. Both modes show audience messages and pictures as well as any advertisements or other media you have pre-loaded. The display video at http://jammtext.com (scroll down just below where it says Explore) shows what your output window would look like, including a banner overlay on top of a music video. That was a real video capture that we simply sped up.

Another thing I'd like to point out is that we get significantly more interaction with texting than with social media alone, up to 10 times as many messages. If you use a social media only product, you'd be missing out on these messages.

发表时间 Tue 13 Sep 16 @ 2:51 pm
the SOUND INSURGENT wrote :

You can make the pics bigger or smaller and this switches between Twitter and Instagram.

It sounds like it switch / taking messages between booth Twitter, Instagram and Sms ?

And Welcome DrMistry.

发表时间 Tue 13 Sep 16 @ 4:55 pm
the SOUND INSURGENT wrote :

It sounds like it switch / taking messages between booth Twitter, Instagram and Sms ?

And Welcome DrMistry.

Thank you! I think the sound insurgent was referring to a different program. JammText does show Twitter, Instagram, and SMS/MMS messages and pictures. When you have it full screen, it'll show multiple messages kind of like a news feed. In banner mode over video, it'll show one at a time on the lower third and will rotate among messages, instructions to the audience, and any advertisements.

I can post some screenshots of what it looks like over video if you can explain to me how to post images on here. I don't see any of the usual forum buttons.

发表时间 Tue 13 Sep 16 @ 5:20 pm
Thanks.

What kind of message can J.T handle.
Is it just Sms or social media (twitter& instagram) + Sms ?

Try to quote the SOUND INSURGENTS post above and you will see how to post images ;-)

发表时间 Tue 13 Sep 16 @ 6:48 pm
We support SMS, MMS, Twitter and Instagram. For SMS/MMS every JammText account includes a dedicated phone number that you select from among available numbers. There is no separate account or external device needed. For social media, you select the hashtag that your audience will use to send messages and pics to the screen.

Still not getting how to post images. On sound insurgent's post I just see some filename wrapped in brackets.

发表时间 Tue 13 Sep 16 @ 8:01 pm
If the pic is to big it won't post, try to shrink it some and try again. Would love to see some screen shot of JammText over a video.

And yes Flyboost does switch between Twitter and Instagram, NO SMS. Not really sure why Im paying for it as it can be done free just a pain to setup the QTZ file, lmao!!

发表时间 Wed 14 Sep 16 @ 3:27 am
DrMistry wrote :
our product is $19.99 / month

But its only a 1000 texts in a month. Thats not a lot if your playing out 4 nights a week?? Then the next up grade is 30 bucks more, thats pretty steep when compared to iWall or Pangolin which are 1 time purchases don't ya think??

Ive never tried your program and Vince has called me (left a message) so Ill probably check it out in the future.

发表时间 Wed 14 Sep 16 @ 3:33 am
@ Sound Insurgent, have you looked at Pushbullet Pro?
I have been using it for a long time now and I am very satisfied with it.
Its between $5 to $4/month depending how long you want to subscribe.

But I always sneak on other programs like now ;-)
I would like to see the menu on JT for changing things like size of pics and text.

发表时间 Wed 14 Sep 16 @ 1:39 pm
>But its only a 1000 texts in a month. Thats not a lot if your playing out 4 nights a week?? Then the next up grade is 30 bucks more, thats pretty steep when compared to iWall or Pangolin which are 1 time purchases don't ya think??

If you're rocking 4 gigs a week with JammText on the screens, then sure, the base plan might not be enough. But if you get to use JammText at that many gigs, $50/mo is well worth it for the promotional opportunities it gives you. It's $3/gig.

It's really not a fair comparison looking at price alone. We developed JammText because existing programs and technologies were cumbersome, extremely limited, and expensive to get started. There are a number of things we do differently.

MMS. To our knowledge there aren't any services that incorporate picture texts like we do. About 40% of our text messages are picture texts. People love sharing pictures at events, especially weddings and other private parties. You can then export those pictures and share them with the bride and groom or use them for promotional flyers. From my own wedding experience, I can tell you I would have been thrilled to get a bunch of photos instantly versus having to wait 12 weeks for a single photo from our photographer.

Mac and Windows. Our program works on both platforms and works the exact same way on both. Flyboost needs a quartz file, so no Windows with video. Pangolin doesn't work on Mac.

Run ads or other media. You can drag and drop your own custom banners to be shown in rotation with audience messages. This helps in several ways. You can promote your own brand and upcoming events all night long. Use it to build relationships with club management - promote their other events. Or at a sweet 16, show pictures of the birthday girl all night long, not just during a 10 min slide show.

Better filtering options. You can easily and conveniently moderate messages so inappropriate ones do not appear on screen. In addition to automated filters on vulgar words, we have a control window that integrates with DJ software. It takes no time to look at a message, approve or reject, and get back to spinning.

No extra accounts or equipment. You do not need a separate account with a phone provider or a hardware device. More on this below.

Cloud based. You can run JammText on multiple computers at the same time. The same pictures, messages, and preloaded media will be shown on each computer.

Video detection. JammText will detect whether a video is playing and automatically switch between full screen and a banner overlay. You can mix videos and mp3s and have interested full screen content all the time.

Getting back to the price, even on price JammText is likely still cheaper than alternatives. If you get the Pangolin Virtual DJ version plus a modem, that's $250 + 75 = $325. Then on top of that you need a phone plan. That's $10/mo plus taxes and fees. The taxes add up. I added a phone a while back, and I was paying $16/mo for that one extra line. So now you're looking at saving $4/mo versus JammText. It would almost 7 years to break even on Pangolin. Even with the pro plan it takes you a year of usage to start saving versus JammText, and you miss out on all the cool features I outlined. iWall is even more expensive. It's $650 upfront to get SMS features and you still need a Twilio account, which might end up costing you $10-20/mo anyway if you really are a heavy user.

发表时间 Wed 14 Sep 16 @ 1:51 pm
>If the pic is to big it won't post, try to shrink it some and try again. Would love to see some screen shot of JammText over a video.

Still confused on how to do this. Do I just put a url in brackets?

EDIT: I'm also confused by the quoting system. Half the time it doesn't work, the other half of the time it says I said something when it was someone else.

发表时间 Wed 14 Sep 16 @ 1:52 pm
No problem here ?

发表时间 Wed 14 Sep 16 @ 5:25 pm

发表时间 Wed 14 Sep 16 @ 5:32 pm
Maybe it's because I'm new, but I don't have any of those buttons. It's just a plain message box. I can click on Previous Messages and hit the chat button to quote (which doesn't always work). I see nothing to format text or post a picture.

发表时间 Wed 14 Sep 16 @ 5:42 pm
Ok I think I know what the issue is. The license we're using is under a different account. We'll post from that...

发表时间 Wed 14 Sep 16 @ 5:46 pm
Here are 3 screenshots over video: one with a picture message, one with an advertisement, and one with an audience instruction. The screenshots don't do it full justice as we have some animation behind it. On picture messages the picture slides up while the message is up then slides back out. It also shows who sent it (only for social media) and what hashtag or phone number they used.

发表时间 Wed 14 Sep 16 @ 6:05 pm
Can you hide the phonenumbers ?

In Pushbullet and TellyVisual it can show the three last digits or hide it all.

发表时间 Thu 15 Sep 16 @ 3:10 pm
51%