快速登录:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

话题: Pro License issue

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

I dont even know where to begin but its safe to say I'm getting frustrated with the support/email help so I thought I'd try here.
Please know I have contacted support by opening a "ticket" and supplied receipts, screen shots, etc. But they have not been able to help me thus far. However its still in process.

On Saturday 20 minutes before a paying gig, my VDJ-8.2 BUILD 3398 software kept popping up a message that said I had to buy a V-DJ8 license or my software wouldn't run my controller anymore. Then every 10 minutes it basically shut down my Controller functions on my American Audio VMS2 Controller.
However I purchased the Pro license previously on 10/20/15 at 5:05 PM.
VirtualDJ Controller License 1 @ USD $99.00 each

I checked in Settings and my Pro License was missing because the box said I needed to purchase it still. So suddenly my sofware didn't recognize my pro license anymore?

I was in a bad location where theres no wifi and my hotspot wouldn't work because my phone had zero reception. I had to disconnect everything from my laptop. Drive 13 miles to a gas station that had WiFi. And because my set started in about 18 minutes I was forced to purchase the monthly subscription license for $19 per month.....just to make the software work and not lose the income for my gig and burn a bridge with a repeat client.

So the subscription status worked and I was able to perform. The moment I got home I opened a support ticket explaining the problems I had and that I would like to the monthly licence subscription of $19 refunded. But most importantly I want to make sure this NEVER EVER happens again. What needs to be done? This was almost a catastrophic event and would have damaged my business name for a good client.

So I need the following:
1. A SOLUTION as to why my $99 Pro License on my American Audio VMS2 controller is no longer working and not at all reflecting I have the license in VDJ.
2. My $19 fee for the Pro Subscription refunded because I shouldnt have had to purchase it to begin with. Pretty sure only customer service can solve that though.

Is there a phone # I could call to speak with support?
Please review the images below and if someone can tell me what needs to be done I would greatly appreciate it.
Thank you.

发表时间 Mon 12 Sep 16 @ 3:37 pm
There is no phone support any more. The only options are the live chat or ticket system.

Incidentally the $99 controller licence you bought is not the "pro" licence, that is for home use only, not for commercial use or paid gigs. The infinity pro licence is $299 or $19 per month subscription.

Hope you get sorted soon but no-one on the forum can help with licence issues, it has to be dealt with by Atomix staff on the channels above.

发表时间 Mon 12 Sep 16 @ 3:58 pm
locodogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
^That said^ it is unlikely you will get $19 refunded, realistically the best you'll get is your $99 refunded against the purchase of a pro licence [$299]
but I'm only guessing

发表时间 Mon 12 Sep 16 @ 4:07 pm
Time to invest in a backup system too, by the sound of it. :-)

You're out working, getting paid by clients who expect a professional service - yet you're using a controller license (home use only) and it seems as if you had no backup music playback method.

I reckon you simply weren't logged in to VDJ 8. If it doesn't know who you are, it can't tell if you have a license or not. As I always say when this happens to people, keep a backup of your license.dat file somewhere safe. Then if the worst happens, copy it back and restart VDJ (no internet required).

发表时间 Mon 12 Sep 16 @ 4:52 pm
thanks

发表时间 Mon 12 Sep 16 @ 5:07 pm
Glad to see that you worked this out, without pissing on yourself, and crying. Unfortunately, shet happens to all of us, and at least you had the brain power to think your way out of it. Groovin gave you great advise about the license back up, but you need back up for everything. Last night, I could not get any output from my Denon MC6000. I tried everything, but the club is filling up (backup mp3 player playing). I go out to the van and bring in other unit which is in a flight case. Pull the unit out, and all is well.

I'm home now, and as soon as I pulled the first unit out to check, I can see that the switch for channel 2, on the front of the unit is set to A and not Thru. This must have happened when I took it out of the case (I carry this one in a soft case). We all just have to be prepared for the worst because sooner, rather than later, it always hits the fan.

That brings up another question. Why are we always in the front of the fan?

发表时间 Mon 12 Sep 16 @ 7:59 pm
No more issue. I didn't completely understand the license differences and that was my bad. I blame my wife....lol
Anyways VDJ took care of me. Gave me a discount code for the Pro Infinity and I just purchased it.
Now I'm hoping I can get a refund for the $19 subscription fee I bought basically to survive the 1 gig where nothing was working.
And I appreciate the 411 and feedback from people experience regarding having a back up solution. I just don't know what that would be atm....

发表时间 Mon 12 Sep 16 @ 8:46 pm
btw, the discount code basically took into consideration I had already paid $99 for the Pro. So it was basically an upgrade price. Not a perfect 1:1 swap. But I have been using it non commercially for about 6 months now. So alls good.

发表时间 Mon 12 Sep 16 @ 8:55 pm
LuckyDimeEntertainment wrote :
regarding having a back up solution. I just don't know what that would be atm

Well let's look at it logically. On this occasion it was VDJ at the root of the issue. So why not have a second DJ prog on your computer? One that maybe isn't so fully featured etc. but that you can turn to if you need it.

On my laptop, I've not only got VDJ 8, but also 7. Then I have Traktor, Serato DJ and various other more obscure ones! I've got a second (small) laptop in my van if I need it, and also a small DJ controller (Numark DJ2GO).

Then I've got music on my phone, and Pyro to provide a "mix". In addition to that, a handful of music streaming apps and even music making apps, that could provide a danceable beat in a matter of seconds.

What if it had been your laptop that had failed to boot? What if your controller had died? You need to consider all these scenarios.

发表时间 Mon 12 Sep 16 @ 9:08 pm
My 0.02 cents regarding backup....
No internet? On your next live (or at home) record a set. Download winamp. Its the lightest and fastest player out there. Then when shit hits the fan just play your recorded mix on winamp. If you need to restart PC then put your recorded mix on your phone or a tablet. Of course the best backup to have is a bag with a spare laptop and a small controller to get through the night. But if you dont want to carry much, just use winamp with a recorded set ;)

发表时间 Mon 12 Sep 16 @ 11:58 pm

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)