快速登录:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

话题: Change Username

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

I was wondering if there was any way to change the username on the ask.the.dj service? My username isn't really "gig friendly" and would ideally like to change it to my disco company name.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

发表时间 Thu 07 Jul 16 @ 6:37 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
If you right click "Ask The DJ" and go to "Set Up" then you will be able to add a venue and that name will be displayed on the end user page instead.

发表时间 Thu 07 Jul 16 @ 7:22 pm
CannenPRO InfinityMember since 2016

发表时间 Thu 07 Jul 16 @ 8:51 pm
if u follow the steps above the url will change to

http://ask.the.dj/"what ever you set as the venue"

发表时间 Thu 07 Jul 16 @ 10:28 pm
wickedmix wrote :
if u follow the steps above the url will change to

http://ask.the.dj/"what ever you set as the venue"

Yes, I understand that. It will change when you add a venue. But, your base URL will still be your username from the forums. If I wanted to link from my website or any of a bunch of reasons, the base URL still isn't my DJ name and I haven't seen anywhere to change that.

I believe there should be an option in our account settings.

The name I use for a username here and around is not my professional name. Personally, I don't want the two to be associated.

发表时间 Thu 07 Jul 16 @ 11:32 pm
Atomix have never allowed us to change the forum username. I for one would've preferred to use a more professional name than my full name. i never use my surname :(

发表时间 Fri 08 Jul 16 @ 12:08 am
sonicgtPRO InfinityMember since 2013
I was just looking into ask the dj feature and was about to post this same question.

I want to change to something else for my base URL

I guess also when it comes to venues, since I am a DJ at various venues possibly if I create the venue does that mean no one else who dj's there can use it and all requests will come to me?

发表时间 Fri 08 Jul 16 @ 12:21 am
Personally, I'm not concerned about my forum name. I'm among friends. But, my DJ image is a different thing. I don't go by, nor do people recognize me by my forum name in my DJ life.

I don't know how the decision was made to represent my business with a forum profile. I have a crazy email address from when I was in high school, I wouldn't want that to be chosen either.

发表时间 Fri 08 Jul 16 @ 12:23 am
Any word on what we can do to correct this issue?

发表时间 Fri 08 Jul 16 @ 10:31 am
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
You could always embed the ask the dj page into your own website and cloak the URL that way if people seeing your forum username is a big problem.

I will ask if it's possible for the venue URL to not redirect to your personal URL.

发表时间 Fri 08 Jul 16 @ 11:26 am
so if i do decide to create a new login for my virtual dj will i be able to carry the license over or is it only for that username. And if we can't carry it over is there a way that virtual dj can make it possible to just change a username.

发表时间 Fri 08 Jul 16 @ 10:29 pm

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)