快速登录:  

Forum: General Discussion

话题: Transferring Cue point from VDJ to Serato - Page: 1

由于该帖子的部分内容已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

DJadamtPRO InfinityMember since 2008
I probably know the answer is no already but I'll ask anyway. Is there any way to copy the cue points I have created in VDJ over to Serato DJ. I use both programs and I don't want to go back through and recreate all my cue point in serato that I have made in Virtual DJ, It will take me months if not years. The problem is VDJ creates a database file with all cue points info, where as in Serato the info gets saved onto the track itself (sort of) there isn't a database file with all the details saved hence the problem copying the cue points over but if someone has figured out a way to do so then I would be forever grateful.

发表时间 Sat 23 Apr 16 @ 4:38 am
Serato doesn't really ready anything that isn't it's own.
But the other way around works. If you set the getCuesFromTags to yes in VDJ it will read the Serato cue points

But you asked if there is a way, and I guess that depends on how well you know computers and programming

Serato stores it's cue points in the "General encapsulated object" (GEOB) part of the mp3 file, which you can manipulate with for instance a Java program
Reading the VDJ cue points from a Java program is easy, since the database file is simply an XML file
So you should be able to download a Java library for instance from github that works with mp3 files including the GEOB (a quick google search showed that a few exists), build a quick java program to read and analyze the GEOB of an existing Serato mp3 file with cue points to fully understand the Serato implementation, use another JAVA library to be able to read the VDJ database file (a lot of those exists), and then build a combined java program that reads through every mp3 file entry vdj database file, gets the cue point info, locates the .mp3 file on disk, puts the cue point into it in Serato format, and thereby does the cue point conversion for you.

But it's a little bit of work, especially if you don't know Java or another programming language.

Then again maybe someone has already build such a program. That would make things easier

I've read that a new software called Rekord Buddy 2.0 should be able to do this, but that's currently in closed beta (since January). You could take a look at their homepage

发表时间 Sat 23 Apr 16 @ 8:22 am
klausmogensen wrote :
I've read that a new software called Rekord Buddy 2.0 should be able to do this, but that's currently in closed beta (since January). You could take a look at their homepage

It's true that Rekord Buddy will (or should) eventually support VDJ databases, but when it does finally get released it will be Mac only until it's been out for a while and settled down, then a Windows version will come. Some time down the line after that, support will start to be added for other s/w.

There's a site where people can go to vote for VDJ support. https://trello.com/b/PungvY7X/rekord-buddy-roadmap

VDJ's only got 8 votes at the moment!

发表时间 Sat 23 Apr 16 @ 9:36 am
Such a weird problem.

klausmogensen laid out the general workflow for the utility program. I'm not a programmer, but its beyond me why no one has done this already. Seems like a good programmer could almost drum this utility up in one afternoon......

发表时间 Sun 10 Jul 16 @ 11:21 pm
Done.
PM me if you still need to do this.

发表时间 Sat 19 Nov 16 @ 8:15 pm
digijoc-Mele wrote :
Done.

Could you tell me how you've done this as I would like to try it. Thanks.

发表时间 Sun 20 Nov 16 @ 5:46 am
hrdnxPRO InfinityMember since 2011
well.........
anything yet?????

发表时间 Sun 20 Nov 16 @ 10:26 am
Would prefer only private conversation about the method. Thx

发表时间 Sun 20 Nov 16 @ 5:29 pm
DJadamtPRO InfinityMember since 2008
digijoc-Mele wrote :
Done.

What you had created a way to copy cue's from VDJ to Serato??

发表时间 Thu 13 Jul 17 @ 2:41 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Reading Cues from Tags (where Serato stores them) is now available in VirtualDJ 8.
The setting GetCuesFromTag is the one that you may need to change, depending on when u want VDJ to read/get Tags (always, only for new files etc).
You may also need to batch reload Tags (right-click menu option)

发表时间 Thu 13 Jul 17 @ 5:45 pm
He wants to go the other way - from VDJ to Serato.

发表时间 Thu 13 Jul 17 @ 6:26 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Oh, miss-read, sorry. For that, there is no way currently.

发表时间 Thu 13 Jul 17 @ 9:10 pm
Any updates on this process?

发表时间 Tue 07 Aug 18 @ 8:51 pm
Solar Fade wrote :
Any updates on this process?

That is really a question for the Serato people.
VDJ handles everything on it's end.
Serato? Not so much. As usual

发表时间 Tue 07 Aug 18 @ 10:21 pm
Good day y'all, any progress on how to get virtual dj cues transferred to serato dj?

发表时间 Mon 02 Dec 19 @ 5:08 pm
ZJ ONIEL wrote :
Good day y'all, any progress on how to get virtual dj cues transferred to serato dj?

That's really a question to ask the Serato people

发表时间 Mon 02 Dec 19 @ 5:48 pm
ZJ ONIEL wrote :

Its been a few years since I have been in this forum. When I first posted that I did this some years ago, I had high hopes of commercializing the process, but gave up on it as other interests took priority. Anyway enough about the past.

Many PMed me asking how it was done, so I don't mind sharing at this point. The basic concept was to use 3rd party MixedInKey application as a surrogate, because that application knows how to write Serato compatible cues to Mp3/Mp4 files. I'm sorry I don't remember all the details any more, but basically; because the MixedInKey SQLite database can be manipulated, the vDJ cues could be read and converted (have to do a little bit of math) to Serato cue values using SQL scripting wrapped in a little utility. As you realize from what I just described, the process was a little involved and I was hoping to simplify and package it, but just never got around to it. My prototype worked great and I was able to convert all of my about 8000 tracks in about 15 mins and make the move to Serato.

Its an interesting problem and whats more interesting is that not many have tried to solve it. This was my effort, worked out for me personally but unfortunately I wasn't able to help the rest of you. Good luck.

p.s. I'm back in this forum because I have a new idea to use vDJ for a new purpose. Blessings on my rite :-)

发表时间 Fri 10 Jan 20 @ 5:19 am
^ share it! :D

发表时间 Mon 30 Mar 20 @ 3:54 pm
dceeceePRO InfinityMember since 2018
Rekordcloud. U can switch. From all. Vdj 2 serato. Serato 2 tractor. Its 15 a month. Its simole fast and the cue point stay the same. Plus. Windows. And mac. Both work.

发表时间 Fri 03 Apr 20 @ 11:13 pm
did anybody try this all these areas are south of balad.

发表时间 Sat 04 Apr 20 @ 1:49 pm
77%