快速登录:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.1 Technical Support

话题: VirtualDJ\Cache\Covers question

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

mcs1234PRO InfinityMember since 2010
VDJ Pro 8.1 user here. Posting this here because it isn't really a "support" issue.
As a matter of preference, I don't use the "covers" feature at all, not on my browser, not during dragging ... etc. It's cool, I just don't need it. I do use the embedded jpeg on the jog wheels of my skin.
I'm noticing though that when a track is played, VDJ copies the embedded jpg and writes a "cover" record in the Cache\Covers folder.
That file is growing.
I see plenty of options in "Options" about the USE of covers, but I don't see anything that will allow me to keep 'cover' records from being generated to begin with.
Thoughts? Thanks.

发表时间 Sat 12 Mar 16 @ 1:30 pm
had a look and after months or over a year i should say of use and not paying attention there are only 3 JPG files in the folder so it doesn't seem to be growing but self pruning or else i would have hundreds of files in there.....

not sure what you are asking?

发表时间 Sat 12 Mar 16 @ 1:35 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
The only covers that are saved in the Cache folder are the ones downloaded from the internet.
This only happens when you have coverDownload option enabled, or when you click the cover in the tag editor to open the cover selection window.

发表时间 Sat 12 Mar 16 @ 1:42 pm
Ah, ok; I see what it's doing now. And it's not an embedded jpg in the mp3's showing up on my jog wheels, it's the cover art.
So I do need them after all, even though I don't use them in the browser section.
Cool. Thanks guys.

发表时间 Sat 12 Mar 16 @ 2:51 pm
PS: Any way to write a "filtered folder" where "cover art" is "-none-"?

发表时间 Sat 12 Mar 16 @ 2:58 pm
this should work

exists = 1 and Album Art = 0

发表时间 Sat 12 Mar 16 @ 3:15 pm
Will try it. Thanks!

发表时间 Sat 12 Mar 16 @ 3:22 pm
Tried it. Brought up a ton of tracks that had album art.
Any syntax sensitivities there?

发表时间 Sat 12 Mar 16 @ 5:14 pm
maybe the track were not scanned it brought up? only thing i can think of other wise it works fine for me.

发表时间 Sat 12 Mar 16 @ 7:02 pm
mcs1234 wrote :
Tried it. Brought up a ton of tracks that had album art.

Maybe the filter is only looking in one tag ID, and the art is in another....

A file can have more than one set of tags (different ID3 versions). Ideally VDJ would read any/all. Not sure if it does.

发表时间 Sat 12 Mar 16 @ 7:23 pm
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
Please try:

exists = 1 and hascover = 0

发表时间 Mon 14 Mar 16 @ 9:32 am
RobRoyPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2012

发表时间 Mon 14 Mar 16 @ 9:55 am
Follow up ... neither of those formulas work. In PachN's example, fully scanned folder has 4759 items.
exists = 1 and hascover = 0 produces 1573 and
exists = 1 and hascover = 1 produces 3186 records
The total of 4759 is accounted for, but BOTH datasets have a differing set of tracks, some with and some without Cover Art.
Not sure what that formula actually looks for, but it can't be the presence of Cover Art.
FYI...

发表时间 Mon 14 Mar 16 @ 3:26 pm
exists = 1 & Album Art = 0
That's the correct syntax.

However please notice:
The query is based on the info stored on the db. Any changes made on your files that are not picked up by the db updating mechanism won't reflect on the query.
What I mean is that if a file was changed since last time VirtualDj saw it and now has a cover, VirtualDj won't know that.
The cool thing though is that unlike some other tag related functions of VirtualDj, it checks for cover data (if they exist or not) not only the first time it locates a track, but every time it displays it as well.
So, it IS possible for tracks that didn't had cover the first time VirtualDj saw them to appear on that filter folder.
However, after displaying these tracks on the browser they should be removed from the filter folder as VirtualDj updates it's database and now knows that they have a cover.
The refresh is not instant (live) though. You need to go to another folder first, and come back on the filter folder to re-run the query. Then these files should be removed from the results.

I just tried the query on my own library. I got 21795 results. As I was trying to see if there were any files with covers I spot two of them being listed.
Once I clicked the filter folder again they were removed from the list and now it shows 21793.
I hope it makes sense now how it works.

发表时间 Tue 15 Mar 16 @ 11:43 pm
That does make sense and I'll try it in the morning.
Thanks much!

发表时间 Wed 16 Mar 16 @ 12:41 am

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)