快速登录:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.1 Technical Support

话题: Database transfer on Mac

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

Hello,

I've tried resolving this issue on my own, but it's kicking my arse! (lol)
Basically, I need to add my existing Database (cue points, playlists, etc) from Version 7 to Version 8. I tried following instructions to do a clean install with my existing Database, but it's not working out.

I've attached a picture of my external hard drive. I only use this drive while working in the application.
Please help.

发表时间 Thu 17 Dec 15 @ 12:10 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
So, nothing is changed in your computer (no Windows upgrade, no different User-name) and want to use the ver7 database with 8 ?
If so, then do these..
- From Documents/VirtualDJ folder, delete (or rather move to a different folder as backup) database.xml , settings.xml and the "Folders" folder
- From any other External Drive (other than C:) , delete (or rather move to a different folder as backup) the database.xml and the /VirtualDJ folder
Launch VirtualDJ 8. Normally it should see ver 7 databases and create new ones for version 8 (hopefully the ver 7 databases are present : )

for Playlists, all u need to have is your Playlists in the /Playlists folder. Version 8 will read them properly. But keep in mind that Playlists are actually links/paths, so if the path is changed VDJ will fail to load files)

发表时间 Thu 17 Dec 15 @ 8:03 am
Thanks. So, version 7 databases are the ones called v6.xml ?

发表时间 Thu 17 Dec 15 @ 5:03 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Yes indeed.

发表时间 Thu 17 Dec 15 @ 11:22 pm

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)