快速登录:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

话题: Pioneer DDJ-SZ DVS Setup - Page: 1

由于该帖子的部分内容已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

raywongPRO InfinityMember since 2014
I really love the interface of VDJ but this issue continues to haunt me. Can't seem to get the DVS to work at all. Using a vdj tutorial online, it states switching the inputs to phono. On the pioneer site, setup guide says to have the inputs on USB. Either way I can't get the timecode to estabish itself. Audio interface is correct. What am I doing wrong?

发表时间 Tue 09 Dec 14 @ 4:37 pm

发表时间 Tue 09 Dec 14 @ 5:07 pm
It keeps telling me no sound card detected or time code isn't playing??

发表时间 Tue 09 Dec 14 @ 9:41 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Without the Timecode Inputs in the Audio Setup of VirtualDj, do you get proper sound without any error messages ?
If yes see further below. If not, then probably you need to re-install the necessary drivers (exist for both Windows and Mac)

If you carefully read the Operation Manual (link above), you will notice that there are actually 2 things that you need to take care.
a. turn the Top Switchers to USB on the DDJ-SZ (for the Channels you have connected the Timecodes)
b. Select Phono or Line (for TT or CD players) from the Pioneer Utility for the Channels that you have connected the Timecodes.
So, both Operation Manual and Pioneer state correct here.

发表时间 Tue 09 Dec 14 @ 9:49 pm
After following the virtual dj operation guide, I've been able to have some success. Now the issue is loading track on deck 3 my turntable working flawlessly....until I load a track onto deck 4. No matter what, I get no output using dvs on deck 4. Here the real strange thing. When both decks 3 & 4 are loaded with tracks and I attempt to play from deck 2, both tracks will play on deck 3. Yes the timecode is calibrated correctly so I don't see any reason why these issues are arising. Note everything works perfectly in serato dj. Note my copy was purchased last year and now pioneer has just included it in the box. Is the downloaded copy for the ddj-sz any different that my pro version???? Just asking :)

发表时间 Wed 10 Dec 14 @ 3:03 pm
Hmm try this..
In the SCRATCH center panel of the 4 decks default skin, you will see 4 Timecode buttons. If for example you use 2 Timecode CDs or TTs, you will need to switch the controlled deck with those TC buttons. So if you need to control deck 4 with the right TC, you will need to turn on the Orange TC button.

And you have Pro Infinity with your DDJ-SZ. No difference.

发表时间 Wed 10 Dec 14 @ 3:28 pm
All confirmed. Also tried running the software on my laptop which runs osx & windows in a dualboot. Same bloody thing happens in windows and osx. Doubt if my issues are hardware related as everything works like a charm in serato dj. I just don't like the serato interface which is why I bought vdj in the first place. Unfortunately I've never been able to use it.

On another issue, my jogwheel led displays don't work at all and just stay stationary. Any ideas here. These two issues have prevented me from using vdj since my purchase.

Thx

发表时间 Wed 10 Dec 14 @ 4:13 pm
Ok i ll try to reproduce it here too.. Just need some info from you...
How many timecodes are you using .. 1, 2 more ?
In which Input(s) at the rear panel of the DDJ-SZ have you connected your Timecodes ?
Post here a screenshot of your Audio configuration too.

发表时间 Wed 10 Dec 14 @ 4:57 pm
Using 2 timecodes 1, 2
Input(s) at the rear panel of the DDJ-SZ hare connected to Phono

Thx for all your efforts....much appreciated!!!!

发表时间 Wed 10 Dec 14 @ 11:51 pm
Ok everything works great here.

Here is what i set TC up.. but can differ of course...
- Cd players connected to Inputs CH1 and CH2 at the rear side of the DDJ-SZ
Pioneer Utility Outputs set like this...

Notice that CH1 and CH2 (used in my case) are USB CH1,2 and USB CH3,4 for Pioneer sound card so you need to use the same Channels in the Audio Setup of VirtualDJ
In my case i had

Now the most important part is how you enable the Timecode inputs if you want to use the left Timecode input to control the left decks (1 and 3) and the right Timecode Input to control the right decks (2 and 4) whenever you switch those using the DDJ-SZ swap buttons.
You need to turn off all TC buttons from the SCRATCH panel and create 2 new Custom buttons like..
deck left timecode_active 1
and
deck right timecode_active 2
Press them once to turn them on.
You re ready.

If you need to use Turntables then you will need to use the CH3 and CH4 at the rear side, and make sure the USB 5,6 and USB 7.8 from the Pioneer Utitltiy are set to PHONO (not LINE)
Then in Audio Setup of VirtualDJ, Timecodes a1 and 2 need to be assigned to Chans 5,6 and 7,8

发表时间 Fri 12 Dec 14 @ 7:39 am
I think this is what you were explaining to me but I seem to get the same results. Also after doing this, no additions buttons come up on the scratch window either to turn on the TC's

发表时间 Fri 12 Dec 14 @ 9:46 am
At long last finally have all my issues resolved and working 100%. Opposed to what you suggested, this is what worked for me.

deck 3 timecode_active 1 & deck 4 timecode_active 2

Also I uninstalled the app & settings, recreated them and now my jogwheel display functioning correctly for decks 1&2.

发表时间 Fri 12 Dec 14 @ 2:13 pm
dont meant to hog the thread, but i have ddj-sz allso and i wanna use a turn table for timecode allso, the vinyl is even in the list for compatible.

im using deck 3 its set to usb in the top . an connected in phono

in ddj-sz utility its set to deck 3 : channel 5/6 allso in vdj 8 and i still cant get any signal to the calibration for some reason.

i have been looking through this thread for clues but it seems im fine with my setup. but i dont get any signal at all for the calibration. using torq vinyls.

发表时间 Thu 13 Jul 17 @ 5:15 pm

发表时间 Thu 13 Jul 17 @ 5:56 pm
okay ill try and post some screen shots. but as i see it i have the right things.

发表时间 Thu 13 Jul 17 @ 6:08 pm
must be doing something wrong here

发表时间 Thu 13 Jul 17 @ 6:28 pm
??

发表时间 Thu 13 Jul 17 @ 6:29 pm
seems like my pictures wont show up

发表时间 Thu 13 Jul 17 @ 6:31 pm
my pictures is not uploading i guess.

发表时间 Thu 13 Jul 17 @ 6:36 pm
the only place i can see is diffrent from the guide. is the custon button, but is this vital for a turntable to function?

发表时间 Thu 13 Jul 17 @ 6:40 pm
87%