快速登录:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

话题: Master tempo key input?

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

GGCOMPRO InfinityMember since 2008
Might be missing something here, but, i want to be able to double click on the bpm value in the deck and manually (via keyboard) enter a bpm value.
This would then be the new master bpm.

Now all it does is allow me to manually adjust the timing of a track.. ( which could be a lesser used right click feature)

As it is now, if i want to change the bpm i first have to load a dummy track with said bpm as a sync tool only...

Thx:)

发表时间 Tue 28 Oct 14 @ 1:41 am
Why not use the pitch control? It changes the BPM of the track.

发表时间 Tue 28 Oct 14 @ 6:06 am
mm, i prefer the pitch control to stay at X% increments... - if I use it , the bpm value is never spot on which is ok in some cases..
in others, I would prefer a manual bpm entry without having to go into the options and switching the pitch control increment value settings to bpm... (.1 bpm is too little and 1bpm too much)

I prefer to manually enter a value than fiddle around hoping for the closest match ;)

=)

发表时间 Tue 28 Oct 14 @ 6:25 am
You know there's a "match bpm" option for setting the pitch of a deck to exactly the same as the other?

Sync does that too....

发表时间 Tue 28 Oct 14 @ 9:05 am
? Thx, but..
All i am asking for is an option for manual bpm entry;)

发表时间 Tue 28 Oct 14 @ 5:04 pm
There's already a set_bpm command that could be assigned to a custom button.

It doesn't pop up a box for typing in, but it does allow you to set a specific BPM - so for example you could have a set of custom buttons, each with their own set_bpm value.

发表时间 Wed 29 Oct 14 @ 2:51 am
Not a viable workaround sadly..

Thx nyway :)

发表时间 Wed 29 Oct 14 @ 4:04 am
Forget that suggestion - set_bpm doesn't actually change the playback speed of the track.

Why is it that you need the BPM to be an exact figure anyway?

发表时间 Wed 29 Oct 14 @ 6:03 am
Cuz i might intro at 118, goto 122 and want to go to 123-128 later if needed... Its possible to slowly pitch bpm transitions to the felt speed, but if the track is then on 121.83 it complicates certain things .. (This scenario actually happens sometimes)
I can pitch close to the desired tempo, but the last .xx needs to be set to a solid bpm for..reasons..:p

Also, when i start a set at 122, i dont want to have to load and sync to a dummy 122bpm track to get my desired start bpm...

发表时间 Wed 29 Oct 14 @ 10:48 am
Why are you concerned about all BPMs being nice round figures?

I don't see how anyone listening or dancing would be bothered. I've certainly never had anyone approach me and complain that I was playing a track 0.17 BPM too slow :-)

If you load a track and it reads 121.83 do you feel compelled to make it 122, just for your own satisfaction? LOL!

发表时间 Wed 29 Oct 14 @ 11:00 am
Yah, 122 feels better than 121.83.. Thats a fact.:p

-> Have fun trying to mix in an external deck/source , or pingpong with someone at 121.72;)

Oh, and theres always "that one guy" ;)
Also, it might be some sort of ocd thing with round numbers instead of .xx :p

发表时间 Wed 29 Oct 14 @ 11:46 am
GGCOM wrote :
trying to mix in an external deck/source , or pingpong with someone at 121.72

That's what pitch controls and ears are for. :-)

发表时间 Wed 29 Oct 14 @ 12:07 pm
Ohh, i thought those things were head decoration.. Its all coming together now...! :o ;) (cue the lights and angel choir)

I think vdj can provide a better solution than vinyl tactics for exotic bpms, thus, speeding things up and leaving more time and energy for other creative (or not) stuff;) >(especially for round number fetishistas..)

I guess i have bumped into this wish a bunch of times, hence the suggestion :p

"Awaiting your counterpoint" :p ;)

发表时间 Wed 29 Oct 14 @ 12:41 pm
+1

发表时间 Fri 28 Nov 14 @ 7:40 pm

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)