快速登录:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

话题: stanton scs1d & scs1m VDJ8 - Page: 1

由于该帖子的部分内容已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

Hello, the stanton SCS1 system (SCS1m+SCS1d) is having platter issues and no text on LCDs windows on the mixer, and no color or text on LCDs on the deck, the mixer EQ knobs turn on-screen but the sound isn't affected;
platter issues : sometimes I have to restart the software several times until it gets stabble pitch with the platter (using one deck only), most of the times the track isn't stabble,warbles and stops/starts very quickly,like i touched the vynil, then after several closing/opening VDJ8 I get it stable,its not a CPU on Red issue, because when its OK, the meter can be on Red,and scratch with no sound problems.
looking forward
thank you

发表时间 Wed 21 May 14 @ 6:07 pm
You've already got a long thread about this here.

Why did you start a new one?

发表时间 Wed 21 May 14 @ 6:14 pm
I think that the pre-release forum will be deleted,doesn it?

发表时间 Wed 21 May 14 @ 6:24 pm
hmm,good point.everybody bail out!....:)

发表时间 Wed 21 May 14 @ 6:27 pm
It's the VirtualDJ 8 Pro-Users forum now. Didn't you notice?

Plus you're still posting in it, so if the other thread goes, this one will too.

发表时间 Wed 21 May 14 @ 6:31 pm
sorry about that, but I'll be posting on this topic, from now on, because on my other topic ,and all other topics(I've got bookmarked) inserted in the "old" pre-release, I cant read long comments,the right side of the comments windows are cuted...dont know why,maybe a bug, I had to copy paste in notepad to read the "right edge" of the pages,like 2/3 words are hidden (I hope I'm beeing clear).

发表时间 Wed 21 May 14 @ 6:43 pm
today I experienced a few bugs,sometimes I cant control deck 3,switching between decks simply jumps deck 3, sometimes when I switch between decks, the deck unloads the track on-screen,but the track keeps playing in the background,and I cant stop it, several crashes, VDJ8 sometimes hangs when switching between skins, platter issues on scs1d...

发表时间 Thu 22 May 14 @ 5:59 am
the EQ knobs work ok now, I have no clue what happened, but I still have problems with platter, sometimes work fine,on a fresh reboot, sometimes I have to restart VDJ8 several times, other times I just turn on/off the platter(vynil mode) to get the deck running without pitch warble, now I cant control deck2, pressing deck select jumps to deck 3!!! also problems with the LCDs and LEDs off on the deck,the shift keys on the mixer that work fine in VDJ7,dont shift between FXs/filter.these I think I would like to edit the mapper and make TP2 style with the 4 presets keys.
thank you

发表时间 Thu 22 May 14 @ 11:04 am
I deleted VDJ8 from my mac and re-installed, the problem control in deck 2/3 didn't happen again. the platter issues seems to ocurr less, after the re-install but its still there, sometimes a 2nd/3rd restart or turn vynil off/on solves the warble issues.
bug found:when switching to 4 decks,or 6 decks my SCS1d assumes to control 4 or 6 decks but doesnt revert back to 2 or 4 decks.
and switching to 6 decks can cause that "deck 2 un-controlled"!!!

some skins crash VDJ8.I've had very weird bugs on some skins like deck1 and 3 switching positions on-screen.crashing after restart VDJ8.

发表时间 Thu 22 May 14 @ 12:11 pm
Hi, tonight it was a pain to not get platter warble on the SCS1d, after a lot of restarting VDJ, reeboots, I manage to get it right,I can't seem to find a pattern for the issue, Help Support!

tweaked some settings I would like to share to SCS1 system users
use the Search in Options:
SCS.1d deck
MotorWheelSmooth 2048
RampScratch 0.1
JogSensitivityScratch 1225
JogSensitivityCue 1.15
JogSensitivityBend 0.0001
SCS.1m mixer
MixerOrder 1234

I've been reading the Manual and VDJ Pedia,commands, verbs,etc, can I map a shift button, but not as press and hold button, but like a toggle on/off shift key? I would like use the preset buttons on my mixer to switch between Deck Transport Commands, Loops , and FXs.
is this possible??
thank you

发表时间 Thu 22 May 14 @ 6:03 pm
Hey partyboy,

Thanks for sharing your settings. I will have to give that a try in the next few days. Sorry I haven't been more active providing feedback of my own, just been buried in work lately. I will try to put some feedback here soon, to help out my fellow scs.1 system users.

In the meantime, I wanted to mention that I tried starting a facebook group for Stanton SCS.1 users to share ideas, experiences, whatever... don't have a lot of posts of members as of yet, but you are welcome to join.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/583569668381041/

I do want to keep the feedback concerning vdj8 and scs1 issues in here of course, cause that's where we will get help/advise from the devs... but for another place to share ideas, it could be cool :)

I'd love to get some good information, posts, and so forth going on in there :)

Brady Mikesell

发表时间 Fri 23 May 14 @ 4:03 pm
Hi Brady, just got a ticket from VDJ8 Support saying that the next updates will provide more support to SCS1 system!

EDIT: new build 1.806.666, there is still pitch warble, on startup, but its getting much better, when scratching fast chirps/babies the sound is not affected has it did before! NICE ;)
the LCDs+LEDs+text on the deck are still off, so is the Deck selected LCD, so its not possible to check which deck I'm controlling.
when switching to 4/6 decks I can't revert back to 4 decks,or 2;
and sometimes when switching to 4/6decks I loose control over deck 2,jumps from deck 1 to 3.I have to switch back to 2 decks and restart VDJ.sometimes if I restart with 4 decks view it still jumps deck 2.

All in all I'm loving VDJ8!
looking forward
thank you

发表时间 Tue 27 May 14 @ 6:59 am
that weird sound,I think its called "underwater sound", still happens if I scratch in -8% BPM, -16%BPM and on...
thank you

发表时间 Tue 27 May 14 @ 9:16 am
sorry to say that the pitch warble is back tonight, after several restarts of VDJ8,mac reboots, I can't get rid of that pitch warble...DAMN! spent practically all day mixing & scratching with no problems,auto-updated VDJ8 this morning and never shutted down the macbook, tonight I shut it off for a couple of hours,and now the problems are back...
looking forward
thank you

发表时间 Tue 27 May 14 @ 4:09 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
No changes have been made for these controllers yet I'm afraid.

发表时间 Tue 27 May 14 @ 5:31 pm
SBDJ wrote :
No changes have been made for these controllers yet I'm afraid.

right!looking forward for those updates. but I'm sure about the "underwater" sound, it still happens when Tempo Fader is -8% or -16%, but scratching sounds great on 0% BPM,or +8/16% BPMs.

edit:new build 1.814.666 scratching chirps/babies, are again sounding better then before, sounds ok on -8%BPM but begin to sound strange after -10%BPM and so on...
again still a pain to avoid the pitch warble,sometimes it runs ok right after opening VDJ8,sometimes I have to wait a couple of minutes,before mixing/scratching,most times I get "pitchwarble",with track stopping now and then... I have to restart VDJ8;reeboot macbook, run VDJ7 check its working fine,run VDJ8 check pitchwarble or not...its a pain....
also when in vynil mode on,platter on, the track plays a little faster then it should,for ex: clone the deck, the deck controlled by the platter its always playing a little faster than the other. I'm only using one SC1d deck.
looking forward
thank you

发表时间 Wed 28 May 14 @ 8:49 am
new build 1.819.673 : all the LCD windows are showing text on the scs1d deck and the LEDs are light on ,also the deck select indicator LCD is On. the mixer also has text on the LCD windows, good job ;)
still with pitch warble, have to quit/restart VDJ, sometimes picth warble happens only startup, but seems to be a bit better, when the picth warble doesnt happen I can clone a deck, with vinyl mode on and the tracks stay in sync :D
looking forward
thank you

I've been reading the Manual and VDJ Pedia,commands, verbs,etc, can I map a shift button, but not as press and hold button, but like a toggle on/off shift key? I would like use the preset buttons on my mixer to switch between Deck Transport Commands, Loops , and FXs.
is this possible??
thank you

发表时间 Sun 01 Jun 14 @ 2:43 pm
new build 1.834.680: still pitchwarble sometimes only on startup, sometimes I have to keep restarting VDJ and SCS1 system, until it gets stable, sometimes I loose control over deck 2,I must close VDJ8 reset SCS1d and SCS1m and restart VDJ8
no improvements done on the stanton system,on latest builds...in fact it got worse,sometimes I hear an "echo effect" when performing several drop/chirp scratches, and if I clone a deck, the decks wont stay in sync...
looking forward
thank you

发表时间 Fri 13 Jun 14 @ 4:39 pm
new build 1.845.687: pitchwarble is finally gone! YES! YES! YEEEEEEEES! tested several VDJ restarts! no pitchwarble on startup!thanks Atomix Support!good job!
the "echo effect" sound bug when scratching, also seems to have been fixed.good!
also tried scratching with tempo -25% -50% and the sounds isn't affected anymore! great work!! thank you!
also been reading in depth the manuals and tutorials,forums, now I understand a bit more how to configure the midi commands,its not easy!when I get some free time,I will work in the future on a personalized mapping for SCS1 system,similar to Traktor config, will share when finished.

发表时间 Tue 17 Jun 14 @ 4:07 pm
sometimes I have a very weird "bug" in VDJ8,I loose control on deck 2, switching between decks 1,2,3,4, the SCS1d deck jumps from deck 1 to deck 3,skipping deck 2,and sometimes when the bug happens deck 1 and 3 also switch positions on-screen/skin, this happens now and then right on startup, if it happens, I have close VDJ reset SCS system and restart VDJ8, sometimes I must also reset vdj8 default skin with 2 decks,to workaround the deck 2 missing bug. resetting(re_init) the controllers with VDJ8 open does not fix this problem.
also had a sound crash ,when scratching on videos, the sound simply stopped playing,soundwaves moving,volume meters peaking,on-screen and on the scs1m mixer ,but no sound off speakers, this happenned after about +3 hours mixing & scratching, I've had to restart VDJ8.
looking forward
thank you

发表时间 Mon 23 Jun 14 @ 8:45 am
12%